Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I am at the moment rooting for LA too. It could change if there’s a compelling in-series storyline. I just feel like I know the NL better in general, and Kardashians and some bad LA fans aside, they have a good franchise and this is their 11th (!) Playoff trip since 1988. I have a young coworker from LA who is so needing them to win too, after multiple years of disappointments for him.

Last edited:
I am at the moment rooting for LA too. It could change if there’s a compelling in-series storyline. I just feel like I know the NL better in general, and Kardashians and some bad LA fans aside, they have a good franchise and this is their 11th (!) Playoff trip since 1988. I have a young coworker from LA who is so needing them to win too, after multiple years of disappointments for him.
I live under such a rock I realized those women looked familiar but didn't know they were the Kardashians :scared:.

Astros have never won tho! It is probably Roberts maniacal laugh from last year that bother's me most, along with their manipulation of the DL all year.

Astros have never won tho! It is probably Roberts maniacal laugh from last year that bother's me most, along with their manipulation of the DL all year.

Yea I actually like them too from the parts I saw this year especially in the playoffs. I like their young guys and Altuve and crazy hyper fans. And the 90s and 2000s NL teams that couldn’t get over the hump. Seems this team got here awfully fast, but the city is also deserving. I’m like 6 to 4 for LA at moment.

If LA swept somehow, Cubs ending seems less destructive.

I'd be OK with the Rastros winning, but simply I don't hate the Dodgers enough to root against them (like I did with the Muts 2 years ago). They beat us and I'm much happier saying, "Well, at least it was by the WS Champions.".

Yea I actually like them too from the parts I saw this year especially in the playoffs. I like their young guys and Altuve and crazy hyper fans. And the 90s and 2000s NL teams that couldn’t get over the hump. Seems this team got here awfully fast, but the city is also deserving. I’m like 6 to 4 for LA at moment.

If LA swept somehow, Cubs ending seems less destructive.
I'm FAR from a Verlander fan but I am trying to not hold it against the Astros as it is basically same thing the Cubs did with Chapman, and they are investing for more than 1 season. There is too much on the Dodgers that doesn't sit well with me and unfortunately clouds talent over there.

I'd be OK with the Rastros winning, but simply I don't hate the Dodgers enough to root against them (like I did with the Muts 2 years ago). They beat us and I'm much happier saying, "Well, at least it was by the WS Champions.".
that is true, but I feel like the Astros got to the WS being a clean team, KWIM? I need to do a little research and see what skeletons there(Houston) are but as afr as being beat by the Dodgers, meh, I think we beat ourselves. The first 2 games were not exactly us being pummeled by them...(that was game 5 lol)

While not a Dodger fan I can respect their history . That opening was pretty fun~ only to be ruined by JoeBucks first words of "He Lied! He Lied!" I know he was trying to be funny but it was a buzz kill to a nice moment. Well...let's see how tonight's game goes.

Hmm

Rather than the stadium being less annoying, I’m starting to wonder if Fox simply is using a different mixing recipe with their baseball crowd audio in their telecast, compared to TBS during the Cub series.

They can minimize the audio where the annoying stadium speakers come out but still amplify audio from other parts to keep the crowd noise consistent with their excitement.

Hmm

Rather than the stadium being less annoying, I’m starting to wonder if Fox simply is using a different mixing recipe with their baseball crowd audio in their telecast, compared to TBS during the Cub series.

They can minimize the audio where the annoying stadium speakers come out but still amplify audio from other parts to keep the crowd noise consistent with their excitement.

It has to be something like that. I mean, compared to TBS it sounds absolutely dead.

Puig went....wow..whup...struck out anyway lol. Congrat's to Houston on their first ever win in a WS game.
So Roberts just produced the same outcome on what Maddon gets raked over the coals for. Pull Starting pitcher out early, blow thru bullpen, lose game. Roberts will be in the hot seat for pulling Hill so early..or will he get the golden Dodger pass on it?

Last edited:
Puig went....wow..whup...struck out anyway lol. Congrat's to Houston on their first ever win in a WS game.
So Roberts just produced the same outcome on what Maddon gets raked over the coals for. Pull Starting pitcher out early, blow thru bullpen, lose game. Roberts will be in the hot seat for pulling Hill so early..or will he get the golden Dodger pass on it?
He’s going to be raked over the coals for taking Morrow out too soon.

Did you see Puig’s hissy fit over missing that ground rule double? Priceless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter