• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Javy Jr. is on the way! LOOK how happy Javy is!!!!!!!!!!!
DUvQ7XTU0AEtOUO.jpg
DUvQ934U0AAUOpx.jpg

I know I'm a curmudgeon, but the whole "gender reveal" thing makes me want to barf. Apologies to those who had or plan top have a gender reveal. I knew in advance the gender of my DD but we found out in doctor's office.

Pic from Wrigley Aerial's...you can see how far down the line the dugouts are moving. I am not too crazy about it yet..keeping an open mind tho! I bet Robin is good with it as the dugout is closer to her seats. Umps will be thrilled as manager's further away (not so sure that's a good thing) So many changes~ Coaching Staff, players, park~ I imagine the rest of the division is hoping it all works against us.

DU07Ge8XkAAkvlV.jpg

Today is Ernie Banks Bday..MVP at being an awesome human being and CUB! upload_2018-1-31_9-44-41.jpeg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 3 A.M.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tommy was also born on today
giphy.gif
..and we all know he wants to be Cub or retire, Jan 31 is a good one for the Chicago Cubs!

I would be peeved if my seats were behind the dugout and suddenly they were not. I can't find it .. how many feet are they moving them? They'll also extend the netting, right? I think I'm going to be annoyed by the netting as it will now be in my sightline.

I would be peeved if my seats were behind the dugout and suddenly they were not. I can't find it .. how many feet are they moving them? They'll also extend the netting, right? I think I'm going to be annoyed by the netting as it will now be in my sightline.
no idea on the distance/feet, but yeah, I would not be too happy about losing dugout seating either. I wonder if the ticket holders of the affected changes were notified, or cost adjusted etc :scratchin

Last edited:

Good morning Cubs fans! MLBShop.com has a big sale on right now and it includes those Pandora charms. Of course, I bought them YESTERDAY at full price and now they're $35 less. I spent a half hour on the phone with them and finally convinced them that no one wanted me to buy them again today and to return the order I placed yesterday. THey are sending me a gift certificate because I paid primarily with discounted gift cards.

Here's what I got:

thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx

I bought a bracelet last week:

590731CZ-1.jpg

... and 5 more charms. I bought them all on eBay and I am still shocked at how expensive the bracelet is even while not paying list price. Three of my charms are discontinued so the secondary market is the only place to find them. Damn you Josten's! I would have been perfectly happy with the $40 bangle but nooooo ... you have to break. Twice.

My charms should be here in about a week so I'll post a photo of the bracelet when it's all together.

Good morning Cubs fans! MLBShop.com has a big sale on right now and it includes those Pandora charms. Of course, I bought them YESTERDAY at full price and now they're $35 less. I spent a half hour on the phone with them and finally convinced them that no one wanted me to buy them again today and to return the order I placed yesterday. THey are sending me a gift certificate because I paid primarily with discounted gift cards.

Here's what I got:

thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx

I bought a bracelet last week:

590731CZ-1.jpg

... and 5 more charms. I bought them all on eBay and I am still shocked at how expensive the bracelet is even while not paying list price. Three of my charms are discontinued so the secondary market is the only place to find them. Damn you Josten's! I would have been perfectly happy with the $40 bangle but nooooo ... you have to break. Twice.

My charms should be here in about a week so I'll post a photo of the bracelet when it's all together.

May need to look into for DD...

Below is my “finished” Origami Owl necklace I received at Christmas. I had to order the two Cub-specific charms off Etsy but I love the finished product.

8352371B-EB01-48F9-9546-58EE5CD8A031.jpeg

Robin, I love your bracelet. Looking forward to seeing it finished!

SOOOOOO....I saw THIS on Twitter @amandakashube~ Boxes going on the spring training truck . Big question is, was that pic from yesterday? I'm going to keep my hopes up and deal with them being dashed if it doesn't happen.
DVDaNnUXkAYElkk

Jakes wife also posted on her Insta the other day of a BFF shopping trip with Lackey's wife...shopping for Chicago residence's perhap's?( humor me folks..I have cabin fever and creating a life around me)

Today is Ernie Banks Bday..MVP at being an awesome human being and CUB! View attachment 299378

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 3 A.M.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tommy was also born on today
giphy.gif
..and we all know he wants to be Cub or retire, Jan 31 is a good one for the Chicago Cubs!
Also Nolan Ryan and Jackie Robinson. If you want your kid to play ball and be good at it, they have to be born on Jan 31.

Well...I have FOOD updates~ Looks like Big Star officially is in the new Hotel Zachary
You could see a stage on the upper floor during construction, I wonder if that was the live band section they are speaking of? More than likely the "private event" area. On the down side Smoke Show closed (they were fairly new, up N a few blocks) I watched Hendricks get us the Pennant there...pretty bummed they didn't make it.

https://chicago.eater.com/2018/1/29...gs-wrigley-field-hotel-zachary-bar-restaurant

In celebration of pitchers and catchers reporting in 1 week~ we kept the Saguaro we made up to create our own cactus league feel here in Chiberia, lol.

DVdR1wCXkAAas6x.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter