• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (The first pic is one of my fave's of him...so sly, lol) and I miss his white hair!
images
images
images
upload_2018-2-8_8-40-59.jpeg
images
images
Maddon_1280_hglzr3q2_mfzs9iax.jpg

giphy.gif

I miss his white hair too! I have no clue why he dyes it. It looks stoopid. He's 64 for goodness sakes!

I saw that, LOL. I went to a Cubs/Brewers game last year. It really was Wrigley North. I felt bad for the Brewers fans. I was peeved that Miller Park jacked up parking for the game. I had expected to pay for a regular weeknight game and had to pay a lot more because it was a Cubs game. I was lucky that I had enough cash with me.

I saw that, LOL. I went to a Cubs/Brewers game last year. It really was Wrigley North. I felt bad for the Brewers fans. I was peeved that Miller Park jacked up parking for the game. I had expected to pay for a regular weeknight game and had to pay a lot more because it was a Cubs game. I was lucky that I had enough cash with me.
I remember that game!Wait...no..it was one against the Marlin's, right? We were chatting throughout the game...and all the way home lol.

I finally got the final charm in the mail today so I can now show my Pandora bracelet!

The bracelet itself has little CZ Mickeys on it. Even though I want this to be a Cubs bracelet ONLY I couldn't resist a little Disney.

The charms are, from left to right:
(1) Cubs baseball, ordered from MLBShop
(2) Crazy Clip charm to keep the other charms from bunching up, eBay
(3) Murano glass "blue bubbles" charm, eBay
(4) Cubs dangle, ordered from MLBShop
(5) Murano glass "blue bubbles" charm, eBay
(6) Crazy Clip charm to keep the other charms from bunching up, eBay
(7) Ladybird (Ladybug) Pave charm, eBay

The Ladybug is for my mom who made me a Cubs fan. She died 3 years ago and ladybugs are her "spirit animal".

PandoraCubs (1).jpg

I'll be adding some red to the bracelet in the future but this got me started :).

I finally got the final charm in the mail today so I can now show my Pandora bracelet!

The bracelet itself has little CZ Mickeys on it. Even though I want this to be a Cubs bracelet ONLY I couldn't resist a little Disney.

The charms are, from left to right:
(1) Cubs baseball, ordered from MLBShop
(2) Crazy Clip charm to keep the other charms from bunching up, eBay
(3) Murano glass "blue bubbles" charm, eBay
(4) Cubs dangle, ordered from MLBShop
(5) Murano glass "blue bubbles" charm, eBay
(6) Crazy Clip charm to keep the other charms from bunching up, eBay
(7) Ladybird (Ladybug) Pave charm, eBay

The Ladybug is for my mom who made me a Cubs fan. She died 3 years ago and ladybugs are her "spirit animal".

View attachment 301117

I'll be adding some red to the bracelet in the future but this got me started :).

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f387a446268776b43526f68734d773d3d2d3430373436323734382e313462623462373435336331373365333539313531373734333138342e676966

both Kewz's pendant and your bracelet are CUBtastic! (you might need to add that baby to your insurance, lol)

so..., I vote we get JJ2 back and he rounds out our pitching . He sure was a major player last season and leaves a big hole
usatsi-10148422.jpg

so the Jake/Nats rumor is gaining heat again. With Miggy on the Nats Minor league team(with invite to ST)I get a kick out of the irony of them being back together WITH Trea Turner, lol.

CJ just announced baby #2 is due in July. Wow~ been a busy off season :rolleyes1 I need to look at the schedule and see who we play late June/July~ as Javy, CJ, Grimm will all be hanging with the stork then. Dexter has #2 arriving in July as well

seeing as how the stove is colder than the foot of snow I have, even this smidge of an article is semi interesting.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...amp-in-florida-but-boras-clients-wont-attend/

My brain jumps to Bora's keeping his clients from being "viewed" perhaps? As in not letting teams see what may no longer be there but what WAS there? Or maybe it's just Boras being Boras :snooty: :rolleyes1.

Pitcher's and catcher's report Wednesday...would be nice to have our SP set so the chemistry can start to build. Willy is probably ready to explode already, lol.

as JD said... here Yu go Cub fans. (I will hold off on my initial thought's on this)

Per Ken Rosenthall

BREAKING: Yu Darvish to #Cubs, six year-deal in $150M range, sources tell The Athletic. Pending physical

Clarification: Darvish six-year guarantee with #Cubs is $126M with ability to get to $150M, according to sources.

Projected rotation for #Cubs: Lester, Darvish, Hendricks, Quintana, Chatwood.

I hope like heck Yu decide's he wants to be CUB emotionally. It's critical

Look for Jake to go to the Nat's ( my opinion, nothing done~yet)

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/report-cubs-make-huge-splash-yu-darvish-signing

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter