Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

And a nice one by Javy.

I'm glad Brach was a bad or worse than Chatwood.

But the ending was nice. Rosario wasn't too bad for just getting called up. Even got on base and scored a run.

Last edited:

I'm glad for the win today! And how about a round of applause for Mike Montgomery??

And I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Rizzo sliding into home...

I'm glad for the win today! And how about a round of applause for Mike Montgomery??

And I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Rizzo sliding into home...
Mike should be starting instead of Chatwood. Mike was good today and Strop was excellent, especially batting.

As for Rizzo's slide, it was a bit passive aggressive to me. He said it was a defensive slide to foil the double play. But after reading a bunch about it, it appears that it met all the requirements for a legal double play slide.

Last edited:
Why is Almora not playing? He blows Happ out of the water in CF and batting.

Well, good news and bad news.

Good news first: Got tickets for the final Cubbies/Braves game. 9 rows behind dugout.
Bad news: In the time I was waiting for @Kewz1 to decide if she and hubby and son would be joining us for a Cubbie/DISmeet (wait, would that be a CISmeet or a DUBSmeet?), the prices went up. Evidently they raise ticket prices based on demand. I'm sure they're not the only ones to do this, but it really sucks. I think other than Cubs games, I will NOT be giving the Braves any more of my money.

On a different note, I went to GA renaissance festival this past weekend and saw (not so) hidden Mickeys and they had dole whips (or something very close). Yum! If you want to see the pictures, check out the last page of my TR in signature below.

Good news first: Got tickets for the final Cubbies/Braves game. 9 rows behind dugout.
Bad news: In the time I was waiting for @Kewz1 to decide if she and hubby and son would be joining us for a Cubbie/DISmeet (wait, would that be a CISmeet or a DUBSmeet?), the prices went up. Evidently they raise ticket prices based on demand. I'm sure they're not the only ones to do this, but it really sucks. I think other than Cubs games, I will NOT be giving the Braves any more of my money.

On a different note, I went to GA renaissance festival this past weekend and saw (not so) hidden Mickeys and they had dole whips (or something very close). Yum! If you want to see the pictures, check out the last page of my TR in signature below.
Bummer about the prices going up. The Cubs have fluid pricing too.

Bummer about the prices going up. The Cubs have fluid pricing too.
I don't like the concept at all.
Price gouging is considered unethical and/or illegal during times of crisis (tornados, hurricanes, floods, gas shortages, etc.), so why should it be okay other times? Sorry, I'll get off of my principle of the matter soapbox now.

As much as I love the Cubbies, I think I'll probably just stick to streaming online for the future. It's not the same as being at the park, but on the other hand not sure the park experience is worth what they want. I am planning on taking a day off from work and going to hopefully get some really good pictures and autographs.

Just got an email from the Marlins about buying tickets for every game at home in June for $29.99 total as long as you buy the ticket before June 8 which is their next home game. They are really trying to get fans interested in the Marlins. We got two free tickets in April just for attending the second game of the year (17 innings with the Cubs).

Oh man! I'm so sorry, Doc!

Oh man! I'm so sorry, Doc!
Don't be. I wasn't saying that to make you feel bad or in any way say you were at fault...I was simply saying in just a few days, they jacked the prices up. Since this is a family board, I'll refrain from uttering the words that are in my head about this practice.

Chatwood is driving me crazy.
Not me!

He can't drive me to somewhere I'm already at. ;)

I know, very delayed reply. You don't realize how many times I read something on the DIS and wish I had time to reply. Just finally finished my TR after close to 3 months. I really enjoy my new job (well mostly...as with anything, there are pros & cons), but with that, working out, commute time and part time job, DIS time is way less. Even more sadly, so is my Cubbies time. :sad:

Not me!

He can't drive me to somewhere I'm already at. ;)

I know, very delayed reply. You don't realize how many times I read something on the DIS and wish I had time to reply. Just finally finished my TR after close to 3 months. I really enjoy my new job (well mostly...as with anything, there are pros & cons), but with that, working out, commute time and part time job, DIS time is way less. Even more sadly, so is my Cubbies time. :sad:
Yep, when you are wishing for Strop to come out of the bullpen, you are already there.

And I wish Javy had thrown the ball yesterday, so they would have gotten the double play since the pitcher slid past the base.

Well, that was a satisfying game. But my new cringe worthy player is Duensing. They always talk about his low ERA. That's just because they bring another pitcher in to clean up his mistakes before they can score. I always figure he's going to load the bases and then leave. And it happens.

Heroes of the game:
Happ for robbing Nimmo of a home run in the 13th
Albert for hitting that double that got in two runs
Luke Farrell for being the next starting pitcher - Five innings and batted twice for the first time in his career.
And Javy for the pinch hit home run.

Can we trade Farrell for Justin Wilson? Wilson and Duensing can just go to the farm.

Bring the broom for tomorrow's game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter