Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

A fun drinking game would have been to take a shot every time Smoltz mentioned drGrom. Of course none of us would have made it to the 14th...:drinking1:faint: :sick:

Glad for the win last night and hoping for the sweep today!
I would have been stone sober since we turned the sound off right before the game began. Makes for a much more enjoyable game on Fox.

I am still bleary eyed but very happy! Yea, de Grom is a great pitcher but I do believe Monty matched him last night so there Smoltz! Farrow was amazing! If we leave Monty as a started then Farrow can be the long relief guy in the pen. Wonder how late they are all going to sleep on tomorrow's off day! :-D

I am still bleary eyed but very happy! Yea, de Grom is a great pitcher but I do believe Monty matched him last night so there Smoltz! Farrow was amazing! If we leave Monty as a started then Farrow can be the long relief guy in the pen. Wonder how late they are all going to sleep on tomorrow's off day! :-D
Yeah, nothing like another 12 hour turn around and play.

Clean sweep. But I have bloody fingers from gnawing on them while Duensing was pitching.

I have never been happier for JHey in my life!!!!!!!!!!! He stayed calm, patient and I hope, FINALLY has shut all the hater's up!What a walk-off!!!!Robin had asked me to go tonight but couldn't go...but I'm not even mad, lol...WAY TO GO, DUECES!!!!
(btw, I'm back)
DfD3CMSV4AAp6pc.jpg:large

Last edited:
I was at the game tonight (and now decompressing from the ride home). At night games I have started to leave my seats on the 3rd base side to head out to right field near the exit to the shuttle buses back to remote parking. We walked over in the middle of the 9th and found a spot on the aisle near the closest stairs near the exit. One of my season ticket friends said to me as I was leaving that there was going to be a "walk off home run". I said, they better put some people on base first! I assured him that I would watch the end of the game from right field. I watched JHey hit the ball and about half way out of the park I knew it was going to be a Grand Salami. We jumped up and down, and then bolted out of the park while everyone else was singing "Go Cubs Go". I was sad to miss out on the extended celebration, but I've found getting on the first couple of buses out of Wrigley cuts my total travel time by 45-60 minutes.

I love JHey and I'm so happy that he hit the HR in the clutch!

JHeyGatorAid.jpg

Oh, and congratulations to Mazonni for bailing out Morrow and getting his first MLB W.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter