• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Another satisfying day. A little tense there a few times, but still satisfying. Can't wait for Murphy to hit a home run against the Nats.

Willy getting hit on the knee worried me. All I could think of was cracked patella. But it got him on the side. Think Schwarbs can still catch so he can share the duties with Caratini if Willy is hurt?

Dljen6_WsAUfIzY.jpg

Another satisfying day. A little tense there a few times, but still satisfying. Can't wait for Murphy to hit a home run against the Nats.

Willy getting hit on the knee worried me. All I could think of was cracked patella. But it got him on the side. Think Schwarbs can still catch so he can share the duties with Caratini if Willy is hurt?
Kyle IS the e-catcher but they would probably bring Taylor Davis back up if anything more than a mid game issue occurred. I don't want to entertain this scenario in any way though...good vibes ,good vibes, good vibes......

Y'all...the wind is insane by me :scared: any ball that gets a little air is gonna GO! Lester has a challenge tonight.

When a foul gets caught in a beer cup early in the game? It's a good sign
https://www.mlb.com/cut4/cubs-fan-catches-foul-in-beer-and-downs-it/c-292206730

Atta boy, Jon! Little bit of everything tonight!
giphy.gif

images

KB did ok in Iowa tonight, Chatwood pretty much the same Chatwood tho he did have 3 good innings.
CEJ looked odd coming off the mound to me tonight..anyone else? Like he has a leg or maybe even groin issue?
Willy? NICE frame job on that last Chavez pitch to get the W!

Jon had me worried in the first inning. But he made a hit, got on base and got two RBIs. Then he made a diving catch. AND threw someone out at first. It was good night for him after all. Now if our relievers could just get it all together.

Jon had me worried in the first inning. But he made a hit, got on base and got two RBIs. Then he made a diving catch. AND threw someone out at first. It was good night for him after all. Now if our relievers could just get it all together.
The overuse of the bullpen is starting to show, I'm afraid. CJ looked odd to me ~I hope ge isn't hiding an injury or playing thru one

Anyone else notice the grizzly cub look going on? Riz,Lester,Murphy,Schwarbs,JHey & Zo all have started or allowed current beards to grow

Looks like the Cubs are breaking from their NBC sports Chicago partnership and will go it alone with their own network. Also one other interesting thing in the article Disney among others is supposedly interested

NO MORE ESPN!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Partnering w/Disney could def fill in those non-season days of viewing. Could see the Disney World of Sports wanting to televise stuff, also hopefully ST games will be shown! NWU has already played game(s)@Wrigley. Rickets wanting to purchase a soccer team, show concerts etc. Replaying games(World Series:thumbsup2)fillers like a rip of CSN's Beer Money.Very interesting indeed

Anyone else notice the grizzly cub look going on? Riz,Lester,Murphy,Schwarbs,JHey & Zo all have started or allowed current beards to grow
Maybe it's a good luck charm. Not shaving as long as they are winning.

I bet they will still show up on MLB channel and ESPN. It's more money.

so tonight's game resumes at noon tomorrow, and final game starts 45 minutes after this one ends. As if having no days off wasn't already a PITA.:headache:

Brewers lost, Card's won (and officially named Shildt Manager) so would be REALLY nice to get b2b W's tomorrow. Final game gong to look a bit different tho...think B team. My guess Zo ,JHey & Willy the only starters in there. Predicting Bote at SS with TLS at 3b, Zo 2b and Vic at 1b. Happ LF, AAJ CF and JHey RF. My lineup guess?
Zo- 2B
AAJ-CF
Jhey-RF
Willy-C
TLS-3B
Vic-1B
Happ-LF
Mills-P
Bote-SS (guessing they need to see if he's a back up for Javy in case Addie rehab hits a hiccup, or re-injured)

When they said the bases were loaded, we had missed Schwarber being intentionally walked. So they pitched to Zobrist. Big mistake, Mutts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter