Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

CJ needs to go to Iowa tonight. Surely there is a better pitcher than him. We were calling where his next pitch was going and I got them all right.

Well, we need some bats to show up as well as some pitches to the strike zone.
Sure do...you can just see the “I’ve lived through a sell-off” misery on Rizzo’s face. The ability to not find pitching in this franchise is uncanny. Still , I will be faithfully watching. That said, in general 3rd time around the order Q is usually toast.that's how the Brewers roll, put up runs right before deploying Hader. Even if the bullpen was reliable...no one left, certainly no lefty. Duensing may be back sooner than any thought and I'd bet Iowa is getting CJ this week as much as they would like to wait for Morrow to be ready

Last edited:

Sure do...you can just see the “I’ve lived through a sell-off” misery on Rizzo’s face. The ability to not find pitching in this franchise is uncanny. Still , I will be faithfully watching. That said, in general 3rd time around the order Q is usually toast.that's how the Brewers roll, put up runs right before deploying Hader. Even if the bullpen was reliable...no one left, certainly no lefty. Duensing may be back sooner than any thought and I'd bet Iowa is getting CJ this week as much as they would like to wait for Morrow to be ready
Fried sure had their number last night. Three up, three down. No hits, no runs, no walks. Perfect game until Zagunis got that hit off him. Do you think they will go after Kimbrel? They need something in the bullpen.

Like I read online, nobody can blame this on Happ.

Well, thank God for the Los Angeles Angels. They're the only team worse than our guys.

Last edited:
Fried sure had their number last night. Three up, three down. No hits, no runs, no walks. Perfect game until Zagunis got that hit off him. Do you think they will go after Kimbrel? They need something in the bullpen.

Like I read online, nobody can blame this on Happ.
I dont think they are even remotely interested in Kimbrel (nor Kimbrel in any type of short term deal)

Winning a division series right now would be nice~guys will be pressing tho
ETA: on what to do with the pen in the meantime..who knows..Mekkes maybe Webster? Please no Tseng

Last edited:
CC pulled Woodruff with an 8 run lead, not even letting him get the W.:confused3

Glad Willy crushed that bomb after getting drilled in the ribs...Descalso didn’t like seeing it much either answering right away with his own dinger.
JHey was so due, glad he finally connected . CJ..just, man, he has the stuff. You can see it but his head just gets in the way. He looked petrified...was nice to see Javy walk him off the field. Speaking of Javy..WTH was up with Baker’s call on him? Cubs still paying for Zo’s roboump comments.

Warm weather on the horizon, some home cookin’ and finally getting a home game...could work wonders.

“The history of 1-6 starts is incredibly ignominious. Over the last 35 years, 68 teams have started 1-6 or worse. Twelve of them finished over .500. Only three made the playoffs.“

CC pulled Woodruff with an 8 run lead, not even letting him get the W.:confused3

Glad Willy crushed that bomb after getting drilled in the ribs...Descalso didn’t like seeing it much either answering right away with his own dinger.
JHey was so due, glad he finally connected . CJ..just, man, he has the stuff. You can see it but his head just gets in the way. He looked petrified...was nice to see Javy walk him off the field. Speaking of Javy..WTH was up with Baker’s call on him? Cubs still paying for Zo’s roboump comments.

Warm weather on the horizon, some home cookin’ and finally getting a home game...could work wonders.
I agree about CJ. He looks petrified out there on the mound. He's got something in his head and he can't shake it.

One question, though. What's with the day off after the first game of the series. So they travel to the next game late at night and play that next day (the same morning they arrive). I don't believe I have seen that before. And the Cubs have done it twice in one week. Who made that schedule?

I agree about CJ. He looks petrified out there on the mound. He's got something in his head and he can't shake it.

One question, though. What's with the day off after the first game of the series. So they travel to the next game late at night and play that next day (the same morning they arrive). I don't believe I have seen that before. And the Cubs have done it twice in one week. Who made that schedule?[/QUOTE
Are you looking for me to say Selig on the schedule?:rotfl:
Pittsburgh the same with get away games..moronic.
SunTrust Park us used for work parking during the week so affects day games. GENIOUS. I get the revenue but should not have moved the park to the burbs under those stipulations. Cubs have yet to touch Wrigley, can only imagine how good Monday is gonna feel. Seeing the defensive errors concern me tho. Would love to see KB hit off someone other than b rated relievers, too. Willy trying to tweak too much to shut up people like me complaining about his framing..now we're seeing catchers interference. My eyes are looking at scouting and pitching dev ...but that doesnt explain the proven guys who came over and tanked:confused3 movement to Iowa can legally start 2mro...

Correction:

CJ optioned today

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter