Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Darvish, in turn, took coaching suggestions seriously, worked incredibly hard, made successful changes and became the Cy Young runner-up. And how is all of that loyalty rewarded?

You want to know what I think is even more disrespectful than that? Both Darvish and Caratini heard about it through Twitter before they heard from anyone on the Cubs. That's just not right. You can't take 2 minutes to give them a heads up before reports start coming out? That's not how you treat someone with respect and dignity.

You want to know what I think is even more disrespectful than that? Both Darvish and Caratini heard about it through Twitter before they heard from anyone on the Cubs. That's just not right. You can't take 2 minutes to give them a heads up before reports start coming out? That's not how you treat someone with respect and dignity.
Caratini is another guy that has worked his butt off making himself better. He started as just a "meh" player and made himself into a decent catcher. I actually don't mind him being traded but the both of them together? It makes me mad. And yes, that is totally classless for the Cubs (or Padres) to allow the trade to be leaked before the players were informed. Especially someone of Yu's caliber.

It makes me wonder if the Darvish deal in the works and the dismantling of the team was one of the reason why Theo left.

I think so. Figure that Theo didn’t want the next step (nice word = bridge year; real word = rebuild) to tarnish his tenure in his last year.

Last edited:

They needed a veteran arm affordably and he’s a comfortable fit. Tempered expectations for sure, imo.

Happy Opening Day everyone!

Unfortunately our Cubbies lost :(. I was my fault. Today was the first opening day I have missed in decades because my season ticket partner couldn't get tickets. I am going to Saturday's game and can't wait to see Jakey pitch. I am very excited to see baseball live once again ... and it's going to be about 30 degrees warmer.

Let's think about a new title for our thread. Any ideas?

Happy Opening Day everyone!

Unfortunately our Cubbies lost :(. I was my fault. Today was the first opening day I have missed in decades because my season ticket partner couldn't get tickets. I am going to Saturday's game and can't wait to see Jakey pitch. I am very excited to see baseball live once again ... and it's going to be about 30 degrees warmer.

Let's think about a new title for our thread. Any ideas?

Wondered what happened to today's game...LOL!!! The Pirates?! Ugh! Have fun on Saturday! Looking forward to watching on Marquis. And, yes, low 20!'s this morning and tomorrow morning is a bit much!

I have to confess...I haven't watched ANY baseball since COVID. Seeing cardboard cutouts and piped in crowd noise just doesn't cut it (for me).

Not to mention how busy I've been at work...10-12 hour days are the norm, so when I get home, relax a bit, eat and go to bed to do it all over again.

Typically watch something on netflix because DW always has some home flip program on and not at all interested.

Cold again these weeks. I might try to get in a game on a day off but would have to dress warmly.

Random initial title thoughts:

Chicago Cubs Fans: The Friendly Confines
Chicago Cubs Fans Forever
Chicago Cubs Fans: AC000404

I know this is a Cubs group, but I would like to ask about Bears tickets from the Chicago folks. Is the box office the right place to find single game tix for a visitor to the city with no personal access to tix?

Thank you.

I know this is a Cubs group, but I would like to ask about Bears tickets from the Chicago folks. Is the box office the right place to find single game tix for a visitor to the city with no personal access to tix?

Thank you.
I’ll ask around to get you better info, but in the meantime you can never go wrong with StubHub. Perhaps a bit of a premium but very safe.

I’ll ask around to get you better info, but in the meantime you can never go wrong with StubHub. Perhaps a bit of a premium but very safe.
Thank you very much. I will have to dust off my StubHub account. 😀

Well, that was a massacre. My four favorite Cubs players were traded in the last 24 hours: Javy, KB, Rizzo and Kimbrel. I am completely gutted. I was expecting to lose at least 2 of them, but all 4? Meanwhile, the Wrigley Field is the most expensive place to watch baseball in the MLB: https://www.tnbets.com/most-expensive-sports-stadiums/ . I'm already bleeding money on Stubhub and selling virtually every game at a loss because ticket prices are so freaking high. This is not going to make the ticket market tank like crazy.

Well, that was a massacre. My four favorite Cubs players were traded in the last 24 hours: Javy, KB, Rizzo and Kimbrel. I am completely gutted. I was expecting to lose at least 2 of them, but all 4?
Same here in Miami. We traded two of our best (Starling Marte and Adam Duvall) and got nothing in return.

But that's the nature of the beast with the Marlins. The franchise is built to live off the league's TV revenue sharing -- they don't care about fans or W/L. We've had a series of owners, and every one of them has been the same -- tell a good story, keep the payroll low, suck in the TV revenues.

Well, that was a massacre. My four favorite Cubs players were traded in the last 24 hours: Javy, KB, Rizzo and Kimbrel. I am completely gutted. I was expecting to lose at least 2 of them, but all 4? Meanwhile, the Wrigley Field is the most expensive place to watch baseball in the MLB: https://www.tnbets.com/most-expensive-sports-stadiums/ . I'm already bleeding money on Stubhub and selling virtually every game at a loss because ticket prices are so freaking high. This is not going to make the ticket market tank like crazy.
2016 survivors limited to Hendricks, Contreras, Heyward and returnee Arrieta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter