• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

My neighborhood block party was yesterday so I just started watching in the bottom of the 6th but missed that play.

Was that the play in the 8th? I thought that was JHey who got hung out to dry after the winning run was scored. They didn't really show the play again but went to commercial.

There were two different ones being referenced.
There was Rizzos double off the wall that was really close to a HR. That was in the 4th or 5th I think. Rizzo tried to stretch it into a triple while Dex was just jogging after the ball. He fired a shot to third and Rizz was out.

The OTHER play was Rizz on 2nd and Jhey on 1st. On the single, Rizz went home and JHey got caught in a rundown between 2nd & 3rd, but allowed enough time for Rizz to score. Can't tell from the replay whether they would've been able to throw Rizz out or not, but throw went to 3rd instead.

I may be in the minority but I wasn't too happy that Riz tried to get to third.

I'm glad in the end it didn't matter but I thought it was an unnecessary thing to do at that point in the game.

BTW Doc, you still thinking JHey's not worth his $$$$$$$$$?;)

Hmmm....I like him a lot, don't get me wrong. Still having a hard time seeing $28M. On the other hand, thank the Lord he's not like Piscotty...they showed a graphic saying he's had 39 errors this season. That's almost 3/4 an error EVERY game....horrible. Please don't get me wrong, I know your feelings on the matter and the game 7 speech and all and I agree with you to an extent...just not sure that extent is as much as $28M. :D

FWIW, I AM glad we have him and not someone else.

I'm glad in the end it didn't matter but I thought it was an unnecessary thing to do at that point in the game.

I'm with ya there. With 0 outs, rely on your teammates to get you in. Big difference having runner on 2nd with no outs than having nobody on with 1 out. As I said, credit to Dex for duping him, but there's a line between aggressive base running and silly base running and I think he crossed it. He could've been 1 more RBI and that would've made a difference although as you said, it ended up not mattering. (THANKFULLY)

nah...pretty sure I'M the odd one out, I just know that given the RISP issues we've been having, your pitcher just got pulled, the ball takes that bounce, and we had Addie on 3rd with no outs last week, I'm going for it lol.

tonight's lineup to start off the Marlin's series~AAJ get's the start! Willy in the 4 spot...keeping JHey at 5, this could be interesting...Addie, Ian, Jay and Miggy available off the bench. Our boys are going to have to hit the outfield corners..and the wind is blowing from the left currently, advantage pitching . Straily not going to be easy at all unless he is having an off night..
images

cubs_marlins_preview.jpg

DBlGFv7XUAA9yPF.jpg:large

Last edited:
Wade Davis placed on Paternity list (congrat's Wade!)...1-3 days. Floro back up. We need to score runs...lots and lots of runs.

nah...pretty sure I'M the odd one out, I just know that given the RISP issues we've been having, your pitcher just got pulled, the ball takes that bounce, and we had Addie on 3rd with no outs last week, I'm going for it lol.
I was just thinking with the ball on that side of the diamond, not a place to run. It's a short throw from LC. If it was RC, then yeah, it's a better percentage risk. I don't know that I saw a great replay, but the one I saw, he was not running hard at least the first few steps. I definitely understand your point though regarding the number of people we've been leaving on.

Straily...who gave up 3 homers in one game last year to KB( when he was on the Reds) KB first at bat...GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!! He has to dread pitching to him lol. AAJ with another rocket bomb! Boys look in control...Willy on that pick..
0vDf-E9B
.after he lobbed the throw was like, nope...I'm getting you one way or another. Defense awesome again...THE BUTLER DID IT! Monty with another (almost)4 inning save...nicely done Cubs....very nicely done.:worship::worship::worship::worship: The contact was fantastic right off the bat..pun intended. Don't mind if we DO break the Marlin's winning streak :thumbsup2 STL loses~ Brewers lose! Hello first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Last edited:
OK....SO y'all know how I said I am wrong, a lot? My thoughts were that Happ was gong to go back down at ASB to give him consistent play time etc., (and AAJ certainly contributes to that thought process)? shopping for a Dad's Day item, I saw a Happ jersey and a Happ tshirt, so looks like he wouldn't be down for long, if they send him. At least from a retail standpoint, lol.
thumb.aspx

based on tonight's lineup, I'm gonna go ahead and assume the Marlin's pitcher is a lefty, lol

arrieta_3y0ky2uc_0ygvzk0e.jpg
LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
images

the 9 spot worked for Javy, Schwarb's..3rd times a charm for Addie!!!!!!!!!
DBqO_6XWsAA1xs6.jpg:large

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter