Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

images

I find tonight's fishing/bucket hat give-away very fitting lol
caught us some Marlin
Chicago-Cubs-Fishing-Lure-1__95062.1476212337.1280.1280.jpg

Rizzo..our Cubbie Italian Stallion ~game changer! JHey and KB ON IT! John Jay with that 2 out walk and the rally goes! JAVY..MY WORD....defense looking like the Wall of Wonder again and Jake, bullpen, Pedro NICE double play, and Hector doing the stretch at first, lol. Boys again, in control. Need these games headinginto the CO series.
and how about Scooter on the Red's?!?!?!?! 4 homers tonight...could NOT be happier they were against STL

Last edited:

My daughter isn't into sports but she is into Ian Happ. Haha. At least now I know what to bring her back from Chicago... (And I mean a tshirt NOT Ian :rolleyes1)

My daughter isn't into sports but she is into Ian Happ. Haha. At least now I know what to bring her back from Chicago... (And I mean a tshirt NOT Ian :rolleyes1)
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

you should wrap it in a HUGE box and say WE PICKED YOU UP AN IAN HAPP....................T-SHIRT

Last edited:
I'm not gonna jinx anything by using certain clean up type tools and devices or phrases....:rolleyes1but it COULD happen
tenor.gif

Just gonna give you tonight's lineup behind Big John~
LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

DBvZNkZXsAA9A2i.jpg:large

also~
giphy.gif

well...you know Meatloaf~ 2 outta 3 ain't bad. What a night for Schwarber tho! 2 doubles and a bomb :woohoo:You KNOW he's gotta like that. Jay with some wheels scoring from first! That cheap run in the 7th , Miggy forgot how many outs..even Gordon did. Hurts to have that be the winning one. CJ unstoppable again, just love him. How about Pat and Ron (and Mark Grote) singing the 7th? That was cool. So far , this home stand has been just what the Dr. ordered, the team clicking, some rallies happening, defense hot and WAY less errors. Gonna need it though with CO coming in, but we can do this! Weather going to be nice and warm, hot for some..in the 80's over the weekend. The Brewers went and beat the Giants so we dropped down a game into 2nd, time to get it back:thumbsup2

well...you know Meatloaf~ 2 outta 3 ain't bad. What a night for Schwarber tho! 2 doubles and a bomb :woohoo:You KNOW he's gotta like that. Jay with some wheels scoring from first! That cheap run in the 7th , Miggy forgot how many outs..even Gordon did. Hurts to have that be the winning one. CJ unstoppable again, just love him. How about Pat and Ron (and Mark Grote) singing the 7th? That was cool. So far , this home stand has been just what the Dr. ordered, the team clicking, some rallies happening, defense hot and WAY less errors. Gonna need it though with CO coming in, but we can do this! Weather going to be nice and warm, hot for some..in the 80's over the weekend. The Brewers went and beat the Giants so we dropped down a game into 2nd, time to get it back:thumbsup2

Wow..."hot for some..in the 80's". Hey Kewz1, wouldn't ONLY 80's be lovely? :tongue:

I missed most of it. Was at chuch until about 9pm and by the time we got home, it was time to hit the hay. Caught a couple innings. Have to look at the replays to see what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Wow..."hot for some..in the 80's". Hey Kewz1, wouldn't ONLY 80's be lovely? :tongue:

I missed most of it. Was at chuch until about 9pm and by the time we got home, it was time to hit the hay. Caught a couple innings. Have to look at the replays to see what you're talking about.

80's??? That's almost chilly in these parts this time of year. :laughing:

I expected a loss tonight since that seems to be our MO after a game where everything is clicking. Thought they might prove me wrong (hoped they would!). They do seem like they are coming together though and I'm thankful for that.

80's??? That's almost chilly in these parts this time of year. :laughing:

I expected a loss tonight since that seems to be our MO after a game where everything is clicking. Thought they might prove me wrong (hoped they would!). They do seem like they are coming together though and I'm thankful for that.

I think of it slightly differently...when they have a game that's a blowout, I'm like "hey guys, save some for tomorrow" :tilt:
I'm hoping Kyle's night sparks him out of his slump. Again, that's almost always mental and if he can get it out of his head, he'll be golden.

80's in the City...90's by me and I am looking forward to every second of it!:thumbsup2:sunny: Lackey had to be saying to himself Tuesday night, "c'mon guys, you used all the runs the night before I pitched before, not again!" I have noticed the "engagement formula" for some of the guys though, lol..last year Javy, Kyle, CJ and KB get engaged, have a great year. This year JHey and Rizzo, so far so good~I think that leaves Willy, Schwarber, Happ and Monty :idea:

I will be happy with a 2/2 split on this series, but THRILLED if we get more!

Last edited:
Addy has been a bad boy

It sounds that way.

I follow Melisa on Instagram and I saw her post last night. Thought it was him cheating on her (bad enough) but now allegations of physical abuse.

It does explain a lot about his less than stellar performance.

It sounds that way.

I follow Melisa on Instagram and I saw her post last night. Thought it was him cheating on her (bad enough) but now allegations of physical abuse.

It does explain a lot about his less than stellar performance.

I'm posting mainly on the infidelity~
Addie's off field antic's nothing new, as far as the affairs go. His DD is from a fling who became pg 2 months before Melissa got pg...before they married. Cubs have been trying to guide him since last year to maybe chill out. The DV allegations, since a friend of Melissa's took it upon herself to post that, I am holding out judgement until facts come out, IF they do.Personally , I hope it gets handled as quietly as possible for all parties involved. I don't think Melissa wants it that way tho, based on her way of disclosing the situation. If the DV is true, absolutely unacceptable and good-bye. #ThatsNOTCub. I will say her choice to drop this on social media (during a game , no less) show's her judgement is also not the best .Both very young and immature, guess he should have stuck to the Pokemon cards. All I know is if any club can give Addie the support and guidance he needs, it's the Cubs. If Addie isn't gong to adhere, he will find himself following the path that Castro was sent down, following his abuse accusations and gun activity. That said, we have a game to win tonight...LET'S GO!

I'm posting mainly on the infidelity~
Addie's off field antic's nothing new, as far as the affairs go. His DD is from a fling who became pg 2 months before Melissa got pg...before they married. Cubs have been trying to guide him since last year to maybe chill out. The DV allegations, since a friend of Melissa's took it upon herself to post that, I am holding out judgement until facts come out, IF they do.Personally , I hope it gets handled as quietly as possible for all parties involved. I don't think Melissa wants it that way tho, based on her way of disclosing the situation. If the DV is true, absolutely unacceptable and good-bye. #ThatsNOTCub. I will say her choice to drop this on social media (during a game , no less) show's her judgement is also not the best .Both very young and immature, guess he should have stuck to the Pokemon cards. All I know is if any club can give Addie the support and guidance he needs, it's the Cubs. If Addie isn't gong to adhere, he will find himself following the path that Castro was sent down, following his abuse accusations and gun activity. That said, we have a game to win tonight...LET'S GO!
I completely concur.

I <3 Addie, but if he did indeed beat his wife he can join Chappie and go to another team. I won't be cheering for him again.

well...Kyle Hendricks on the 10 day DL~ right hand tendon issue. Monty pitching tomorrow. Pretty sure CO will be out for blood, can just hear the taunting now. Glad Lester has improved his pick off method as with Javy at short. CO will prob be running. That news was all the Brewers must have needed. Were losing and tied it up in the 9th..but ~
WE NEVER QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!

eta: Brewers lost

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter