Child Has To Order From Kids Menu Quickservice?

HairyChest

DIS Veteran
I know before the pandemic a child could order from the regular menu at the quick service locations because the kids menu is extremely limited and small portions. Does anyone know if the current dining plan still lets your child order from the regular menu at Quickservice locations? TIA

I know before the pandemic a child could order from the regular menu at the quick service locations because the kids menu is extremely limited and small portions. Does anyone know if the current dining plan still lets your child order from the regular menu at Quickservice locations? TIA
A child (3-9) on the DP has to order from the children's menu, if there is one. They closed that loop at QS locations pre-pandemic.

Off the top of my head, QS locations without a child menu include Casey’s Corner and Ronto Roasters. I’m sure there are others but I have Flu Brain.

Pre pandemic did anyone run into trouble using the child credits for adult meals at locations without kids meals? The fish-n-chips window and the germany QS come to mind especially if the system doesnt distinguish at those locations for the beverage credit

Off the top of my head, QS locations without a child menu include Casey’s Corner and Ronto Roasters. I’m sure there are others but I have Flu Brain.
I'm looking for a list actually, or I may have to compile one myself.

My upcoming trip is my first with a child, so I've never thought twice about kids menus and maximizing their credits - my family is a firm believer in the QSDP and never have problems beating the dining plan - I'm looking forward to making our money go even further with the locations that don't have kids menus.

I watched an IG reel the other day about a mom who was doing this at a couple locations and the ones she showed where using the child credit worked on an adult meal were Sleepy Hollow in MK & Yorkshire County Fish Shop (two great locations IMHO, where splitting a meal in between actual meals can work as a snack break for us)

If anyone knows any other locations, please share.....

Assume Disney might close the loophole at any time. Don't buy the DP if the numbers only work if you can use some kids for adult QS.

Precovid Disney added kids meals to most QS locations.

Curious if anyone knows...

Boardwalk Deli, Breakfast menu... I don't see any kid options? Would they be able to order a bagel sandwich and use a child credit?

I asked this question last week at the Beach Club front desk and was told that if a location has separate child and adult QS meals, it will pull the credit according to what age is ordered. For example- my son wanted the adult Bacon Cheeseburger at Hurricane Hannas, so when they redeemed the credit they used one of our adult QS credits (even though he had his own child credit). I expected this but was curious how it would play out. I did not mind swapping with him since HH had some sandwiches on their kids menu (not just chicken tenders/mac and cheese lol)

I asked this question last week at the Beach Club front desk and was told that if a location has separate child and adult QS meals, it will pull the credit according to what age is ordered. For example- my son wanted the adult Bacon Cheeseburger at Hurricane Hannas, so when they redeemed the credit they used one of our adult QS credits (even though he had his own child credit). I expected this but was curious how it would play out. I did not mind swapping with him since HH had some sandwiches on their kids menu (not just chicken tenders/mac and cheese lol)
You will just have one less adult QS credit left, that’s all. As far as HH knows, you were ordering it for yourself. Once all the adult QS credits are gone, you will have to pay OOP or order a child’s meal.

You will just have one less adult QS credit left, that’s all. As far as HH knows, you were ordering it for yourself. Once all the adult QS credits are gone, you will have to pay OOP or order a child’s meal.
Yes, I was just saying that I was curious if QS credits differentiated between adult or child and yes they do

Yes they are separated now. They didn't used to be until 2019 I believe.

I have seen bloggers report that resturants that don't have kids menus will give an adult meal with a child's credit. For example fish and chips in England. I would just be very clear on what credit you want pulled.

Yes, I was just saying that I was curious if QS credits differentiated between adult or child and yes they do
Yes, they have for the past few years. They closed that loop a year or two before covid. In the past, it did not.

I have read other posts on this and they all say someone will post it online on day1 of the party.

Yes they are separated now. They didn't used to be until 2019 I believe.

I have seen bloggers report that resturants that don't have kids menus will give an adult meal with a child's credit. For example fish and chips in England. I would just be very clear on what credit you want pulled.

So if I do a mobile order for 4 fish n chips from there, can I select 2 adult credits and 2 child credits on the app?

Following this as well for child credit guidance on places with no kids option. Does anyone have a link to the instagram post? Thanks so far are we saying Ronto, England fish and chips and Casey's all don't have kid meal options?

Same question for Sleepy Hollow - wondering if we could get our 6-year-old a waffle sandwich or corn dog, with a milk, and have that count as a kids meal credit on the QS plan, since they have no kids meals at Sleepy Hollow? (The rest of us would order from Columbia Harbour House and we'd all sit there to eat.)

Not a big deal, since otherwise we'd just get him a kids meal at CHH -- that would be easier for us but less fun for him.

Same question for Sleepy Hollow - wondering if we could get our 6-year-old a waffle sandwich or corn dog, with a milk, and have that count as a kids meal credit on the QS plan, since they have no kids meals at Sleepy Hollow? (The rest of us would order from Columbia Harbour House and we'd all sit there to eat.)

Not a big deal, since otherwise we'd just get him a kids meal at CHH -- that would be easier for us but less fun for him.
If there is no children’s meal offered at the location, the child can order whatever is offered. So, if no kids menu at Sleepy Hollow, yes, you can order the waffle sandwich, just make sure they use the child credit, not adult. At CHH you would have to order a kids meal for him, since it’s offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter