• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas all year long!

Zoe's birthday is just 3 weeks away. I can't believe she is about to turn 6. She is such a joy in my life.

I spent part of my morning deciding what to do for her birthday. She really wanted to have a birthday party using playhousedisney.com ideas. I feel bad. We are in the middle of working on the house so it kinda looks a bit... well, it looks bad. Add in that I work long hours once a month and that week happens to be the week right before her birthday. There is no way I can count on my family to have the house clean that week. I mean, it is week three of the cycle (my job works in 4 week cycles) and I am just now getting caught up on the laundry from week one (the busy week).

So the search was on for a place to hold it. It looks like we will have to drive about 40 minutes...but I booked a Chuck E Cheese birthday party for her. :woohoo: It should be fun. Now if we can just get people to show. Last year we had a party at McDonalds and she only had a couple people show up. :confused3.

I am going to get the invites done this week so she can send them out next monday.

OH wow....the third page??? I should have gotten here sooner! Now, I'll go back and read! :goodvibes So happy you're planning another trip and that you have a ticker!

OH wow....the third page??? I should have gotten here sooner! Now, I'll go back and read! :goodvibes So happy you're planning another trip and that you have a ticker!

:woohoo: I am so glad you are here, Tina! You were my inspiration in starting this PTR. You have had your PTR going since May...so not quite as long as I will be doing this one...but since you did that, I knew I could do this. Plus...also knowing you have been able to draw support through the course of your PTR...I figured I might need some as well. Sad as it may be...I am so busy in life that I rarely have much time to get together with friends IRL..so...being able to come to Dis for a social outlet is important to me. (oh, man do I seem pathetic or what???!!! :confused:)

:woohoo: I am so glad you are here, Tina! You were my inspiration in starting this PTR. You have had your PTR going since May...so not quite as long as I will be doing this one...but since you did that, I knew I could do this. Plus...also knowing you have been able to draw support through the course of your PTR...I figured I might need some as well. Sad as it may be...I am so busy in life that I rarely have much time to get together with friends IRL..so...being able to come to Dis for a social outlet is important to me. (oh, man do I seem pathetic or what???!!! :confused:)

Awww...thanks for the compliment! That PTR has been going on FOREVER!! :laughing: But, I also think that it made the trip a reality, if that makes sense. Like any wish (and now I am about to sound super Disney corny), if you say it enough, it might come true.

And I really have drawn a great deal of support from these boards and that's something that is sometimes tough to explain to other people. Hopefully, meeting some of my Dis-friends this February will help my husband understand it a bit better. :hug:

Awww...thanks for the compliment! That PTR has been going on FOREVER!! :laughing: But, I also think that it made the trip a reality, if that makes sense. Like any wish (and now I am about to sound super Disney corny), if you say it enough, it might come true.

I don't think that was super corny...I think I know what you mean. Once I started the PTR...there was some "reality" to the trip that is so far away. And if nothing else it should keep me on track.

And I really have drawn a great deal of support from these boards and that's something that is sometimes tough to explain to other people. Hopefully, meeting some of my Dis-friends this February will help my husband understand it a bit better. :hug:

So, is you dh not totally into disney? Or is it that he doesn't quite get the boards? I think mine is in denial regarding his love of disney..but he does get that I need some outlet and appreciates that I have the disboards to turn to. On his denial and regarding next trip...he said he isn't sure he even wants to go into the parks :eek: I am horrified. :rotfl: I am sure he will change his mind...but...:sad2: I figure I have 5 months to get him convinced because then I will need to make our ADRS...

I don't think that was super corny...I think I know what you mean. Once I started the PTR...there was some "reality" to the trip that is so far away. And if nothing else it should keep me on track.

So, is you dh not totally into disney? Or is it that he doesn't quite get the boards? I think mine is in denial regarding his love of disney..but he does get that I need some outlet and appreciates that I have the disboards to turn to. On his denial and regarding next trip...he said he isn't sure he even wants to go into the parks :eek: I am horrified. :rotfl: I am sure he will change his mind...but...:sad2: I figure I have 5 months to get him convinced because then I will need to make our ADRS...

My husband really enjoyed his trip last year. He is by no means half the Disney fanatic that I am, but has accepted the reality that his wife and son are crazy about Disney and Pixar and feeds our addictions regularly. What he cannot understand is the amount of our leisure time I spend with the laptop surgically attached to me. :lmao: I get bored easily and I really enjoy spending evenings curled up on the couch, Dis-ing while DH watches something on tv that I may or may not be interested in. He's not that into computer-stuff like this and just likes to tease me about it, I think. But pretty much as soon as we got to Disney last year, he started talking about wanting to go back with Max. Our subsequent forays into what passes for so much child entertainment has further cemented the value of Disneyworld in my husband's mind. I'm sure your husband will change his mind well in advance of the trip, or just be swept up in the magic once you get there!

I'm sure your husband will change his mind well in advance of the trip, or just be swept up in the magic once you get there!

I am sure you are right. He loves Disney too...he just hates to admit it. I think it is "uncool" by the standards of everyone he knows. He happily set Samantha Browns Fanathon to record though. I know he will sit "acting" like he isn't watching. :rotfl: He will enjoy it though!

Not corny at all! I've had the neverending PTR going since we came back in 2009 and had to start a new PTR b/c I was starting to feel like THAT trip might never happen. It really does make the trip seem like a wish that can come true! pixiedust:

I saw your linkand came over to join you. it will make the year not fell so long. I love the pic of your dd zoe in the intros and on your list. i agree, we stayed at pop this past oct and i did not like the buses either.

I saw your link and came over to join you. it will make the year not fell so long. I love the pic of your dd zoe in the intros and on your list. i agree, we stayed at pop this past oct and i did not like the buses either.

:welcome: I am glad you came over!

I hope you are right...that following/writing PTR's will make the year not feel so long. Course... I don't necessarily want the year to wiz by either. :confused3

Thanks for the compliment on Zoe. I tend to think she is s cutie.

And the buses at Pop...one of the main reasons I don't want to stay there again. I mean really, I liked the resort itself a lot. The price, the pools, the food court, the shop, the theme... I actually think I loved everything about it EXCEPT the buses. It took too long to get to MK. Now, going to DHS that wasn't so bad...but that is the one park we don't go to but once in a weeks stay... I hear that most resorts have some transportation issues. Honestly though, I would have to say that the other two I stayed at didn't have hardly any trouble compared to Pop. Maybe it was just a time of year thing though. I hope not...cause I think crowd levels are pretty high in December... Oh well... the Christmas decorations should be worth it. :goodvibes

I am sure you are right. He loves Disney too...he just hates to admit it. I think it is "uncool" by the standards of everyone he knows. He happily set Samantha Browns Fanathon to record though. I know he will sit "acting" like he isn't watching. :rotfl: He will enjoy it though!

I get strange looks from people about Disney. Oh well, they don't know what they are missing.

I love watching Samantha Brown. If I could do it all over again, I would want her job. I'm sure there is lots of research to do, but look at where she gets to stay. So lucky.

Here to share in your adventure. I'm also going in dec. 11-17. At POR. Soo excited. We stayed at WL last time. It is one of the best hidden gems at WDW.

Here to share in your adventure. I'm also going in dec. 11-17. At POR. Soo excited. We stayed at WL last time. It is one of the best hidden gems at WDW.

:woohoo: Glad to have you along! We stayed at POR before and I wondered if I shouldn't book us there. I really loved it there. The tree and decorations at WL sold me though. Now, if my ds decides he is going to go (if he gets to come home for Christmas)...we might have to switch to POR since it could accommodate the 5 of us. We will see though...

Well...I am so excited because I got a triple point offer on my Disney Visa. :woohoo: I think with the points I already have and the points I get from charging Kira's trip and then any incidental purchases between now and fall, I should have a $100 gc to use on our trip!!! Pretty cool, eh?[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking. How does the point system work with this card. I was thinking of getting one.

If you don't mind me asking. How does the point system work with this card. I was thinking of getting one.

Usually it is pretty slim...1 point for every $100. So...1% :rotfl: Those points then can be transferred to a gc 1 pt = $1. There are usually some incentive offers to get the card. (mine was 200 pts after first use) The real benefit I see to the card is that charging the Disney packages is at 0% interest for 6months. It makes it easy to take care of a trip... you can put down your $200 deposit and pay down the rest until the (I think it is) 45day mark...then charge the rest on the card and you have 6 months to get that paid off. So..easy to not pay interest on a trip that way. A small perk is the free photo in Epcot. I guess depending on how you look at it maybe isn't so small. 5x7 ordered off the photo pass isn't too cheap...and for each day you are in Epcot you can get a 5x7. There are perks for DL as well. Oh...and sometimes there are promos that come out to card holders before the general public gets them.

HTH :goodvibes

Obviously, I have some time to think about this but I have already begun to wonder what a trip to WDW during the holidays means......

If you have gone or would go, what are some of your favorite things to do or things you would think you had to do while there around Christmas?

Steve and I have been talking and he really doesn't think that there will be enough to keep him entertained for a full week since he won't be going to the park all day every day.

Again, not that I have to nail anything down today... just giving some thought to what I might want to spend time doing. :goodvibes

Obviously, I have some time to think about this but I have already begun to wonder what a trip to WDW during the holidays means......

If you have gone or would go, what are some of your favorite things to do or things you would think you had to do while there around Christmas?

Steve and I have been talking and he really doesn't think that there will be enough to keep him entertained for a full week since he won't be going to the park all day every day.

Again, not that I have to nail anything down today... just giving some thought to what I might want to spend time doing. :goodvibes

Seeing the different Ginger Bread creations at the various resorts should be on your list.

While you are at it, check out the various Christmas Trees at each resort.

The Osbourne Lights at Hollywood Studios

Storytellers at each country in EPCOT are really cool.

I haven't done it, but heard the CandleLight Procession at EPCOT is high on lists.

Seeing the Mickeys Jingle Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom.

That should be a good starter list for you, I'm sure others will add to it.

Seeing the different Ginger Bread creations at the various resorts should be on your list.

While you are at it, check out the various Christmas Trees at each resort.

The Osbourne Lights at Hollywood Studios

Storytellers at each country in EPCOT are really cool.

I haven't done it, but heard the CandleLight Procession at EPCOT is high on lists.

Seeing the Mickeys Jingle Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom.

That should be a good starter list for you, I'm sure others will add to it.
:thumbsup2 Thanks that is a great start!

I think we are going to hit the deluxe resorts and moderates to check out the trees and decorations, for sure. Then we will skip the values... I think that should be ok, right?

The Osbourne Lights... I want to see it, but I think the crowd may be too much for my dh to handle. Is it bad or just like any other crowd at Disney?

Story tellers at Epcot. :thumbsup2 That should be fun. Is it like any of the street performances where they are at scheduled times?

I definitely want to do the Candlelight Processional. I just am not sure if we have to do the dinner package and if so how it works with the dp.

Is Mickeys Jingle Jungle Parade the same as it is normally? I mean, don't they show that all year long? It is probably one of my favorite parades, so I wont miss it even if it is the same.

What about the Christmas Party? Is that worth doing? I know people talk about MNSSHP and love it. Thoughts?

:thumbsup2 Thanks that is a great start!

I think we are going to hit the deluxe resorts and moderates to check out the trees and decorations, for sure. Then we will skip the values... I think that should be ok, right?
I don't think they do alot at the values, maybe someone else can answer that. I would suggest the All-Star Movies if you have time. The decorations for the different buildings is really neat. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it, but I liked it when we stayed there in 2007.

The Osbourne Lights... I want to see it, but I think the crowd may be too much for my dh to handle. Is it bad or just like any other crowd at Disney?
I went on a Fantasmic night,. and a Saturday, so it was wall to wall people, and I hated that part, but from other peoples reports, it wasn't crowded on other nights.
Story tellers at Epcot. :thumbsup2 That should be fun. Is it like any of the street performances where they are at scheduled times?
Each country has designated times when the storytellers will be there. We got to see Paris, Japan, and Italy, but didnt' get to see the others.
I definitely want to do the Candlelight Processional. I just am not sure if we have to do the dinner package and if so how it works with the dp.
From what I have read a package is the way to go. I didn't think my kids would be into it, so I didn't do it.
Is Mickeys Jingle Jungle Parade the same as it is normally? I mean, don't they show that all year long? It is probably one of my favorite parades, so I wont miss it even if it is the same.
I haven't seen it other than at Christmas time, so this might be something for others to answer.
You do get to see the characters in Camp Minnie Mickey in winter clothes.
What about the Christmas Party? Is that worth doing? I know people talk about MNSSHP and love it. Thoughts?

We did the MVMCP, and the night I went it was packed. Even after the second parade where I swear I watched 5,178,642,278,346,842 people walk towards the exit, it was still packed. I could be off on that number though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter