Christmas Day dinner I need Ideas....

If I were going to be home alone on Christmas Day, I'd take a look around at the options my local restaurants are offering and pick up something that sounded really delicious on Christmas Eve, then on Christmas Day, I'd just heat it up and emjoy.

If I were cooking for just myself on Christmas I'd roast a small rack of lamb. Might make creme brûlée or panna cotta for dessert. Yum.

Cook for two....everyone needs leftovers. I would either have a few slices of ham or turkey breast, corn pudding and broccoli and rice or Brussel sprouts. Maybe a sweet potato casserole too. Make cherry coke salad and small custard piel

I don't like to grill steaks. I usually put them on a cedar plank with some type of potato and vegetable. Quick easy and delicious.

Okay now I am STARVING!

Our supermarket has turkey breast that is pre-cooked. You can either eat it cold, reheat the whole thing in the oven or just microwave slices. You then still have leftover turkey for sandwiches, etc.

Crab legs. You steam them for roughly 7-10 minutes, and you're good to go. Scallops. You sear each side for 1-2 minutes in olive oil and butter. Super easy.

If you really want to do steak, this is the recipe I follow:

NO STEAK! I've tried for 50 yrs to make a great steak every method out there has been tried several times I just can't do it. I honestly believe every cook or baker has at least 1 thing the do not do well an mine is steak.

I do usually cook for 2 for leftovers I still make a big pot of chili 2 gallon pot or whatever eat for a week or freeze some. Once in awhile share don't do that as much since the covid hit. I once made some killer baked spaghetti fed myself for 3 days an 3 other families got a meal off it. Well at least it didn't go to waste but was expensive food to give away.

Some foods I don't mind eating for a few days in a row. Ham beans an cornbread with freshly chopped sweet onion sprinkled over all an maybe maybe little hot sauce over the top. Cook on the 23rd for the 25th. Beans is something that if they sit for a couple days before eating they are even better. I been wantin another pot of beans.

keep the ideas comin tho I might change my mind....

me myself an I
It sounds as though you have the BEST, most appreciative and entertaining company and that is half the battle for a good dinner party. I would put on some music, open a bottle of wine and cook a fantastic risotto. Whatever you decide upon, I hope that you have a wonderful day.

I'd be having pasta and ice cream - and lots of it! Comfort food all the way. It's going to be two of us so I think we're doing take out. I'd better start figuring out who will be open. I think the ice cream will be a must though.

If it were JUST me... I wouldn't want to cook much, and I would want to have stuff that DH isn't excited about. So for me that would be throwing in the oven (from the freezer section of the grocery store) - some mozzarella sticks, some coconut shrimp, and some stuffed potato skins. And now I want food...

I would do a small ham. So easy. Then you can have leftovers for sandwiches, ham & eggs etc. I would pair it with roasted potatoes and veggies.

Go to the nearest Italian Market/Deli and see if they have any premade and frozen lasagna or baked ziti. I did this the other day. I went in to get all the stuff to make homemade lasagna and they had premade in 9x12 containers as well as 6x6. I bought ingredients to make homemade but also bought a small container of baked ziti for our dinner that night. Pick up a few baked goods for a dessert while there as well!

I’d pour myself a big glass of wine, make myself a nice charcuterie board and head to the couch. :)

When DH would go out of town for work, or to go camping with DS, this is what I would do! Though sometimes, I'd switch to lemon drops or chai latte martinis.....

It sounds as though you have the BEST, most appreciative and entertaining company and that is half the battle for a good dinner party. I would put on some music, open a bottle of wine and cook a fantastic risotto. Whatever you decide upon, I hope that you have a wonderful day.

Risotto... form leftovers around a piece of whatever cheese you used, form a patty, toss in panko crumbs, and fry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter