Christmas Resort Hopping Strategy?

I've taken your suggestion and sort of personalized it. In your opinion, considering past experiences, which of the two would make more sense?

11:00-11:45 AM - tour Yacht Club and walk over to
11:45-12:45 PM - Beach Club, stop for ice cream at Beaches & Cream, walk over to
12:45-1:30 PM - Boardwalk
1:30-2:00 PM - Bus to Monorail Loop
2:00-2:45 PM - Grand Floridian
2:45-3:15 PM - Monorail to
3:15-4:00 PM - Contemporary
4:00-4:30 PM - Boat (blue flag launch) to
4:30-5:30 PM - Wilderness Lodge / watch geyser erupt @ 5:00PM
5:30-6:00 PM - Boat (blue flag launch) to
6:00-6:30 PM - Fort Wilderness
6:45-7:45 PM - Boat (green flag launch) to MK > Monorail to Polynesian
7:45-8:45 PM - Dinner at Kona Cafe
9:00 PM - Electrical Water Pageant + tour Poly
9:30-10:00 PM - Bus back to Disney Springs

OR

11:00-11:30 AM - tour Yacht Club and walk over to
11:30-12:30 PM - Beach Club, stop for ice cream at Beaches & Cream, walk over to
12:30-1:00 PM - Boardwalk
1:00-1:30 PM - Bus to Monorail Loop
1:30-2:00 PM - Grand Floridian
2:00-2:30 PM - Monorail to
2:30-3:00 PM - Contemporary
3:00-3:30 PM - Boat (blue flag launch) to
3:30-4:30 PM - Wilderness Lodge / watch geyser erupt @ 4:00PM
4:30-5:00 PM - Boat (blue flag launch) to
5:00-8:00 PM - Fort Wilderness / Dinner Trails End (allowing 2-2.5 hrs for dinner with Chef TJ)
8:00-9:00 PM - Boat (green flag launch) to MK > Monorail to Poly
9:00 PM - Polynesian / Electrical Water Pageant
9:30-10:00 PM - Bus back to Disney Springs

I appreciate your feedback!

I would try to figure out how to take a wagon ride around the fort after dark. The campgrounds are decorated and way fun to see. It is about $8 per person.

One more thing, this is a LONG day of touring IMO.

12:30-1:00 PM - Boardwalk
1:00-1:30 PM - Bus to Monorail Loop
Not possible, on any itinerary. You need to walk or boat to DHS, or bus to MK and start your touring from there.

better might be to park at DHS, your the Epcot-area resorts, then drive to the TTC and your the MK-area properties. Yes, you would pay to park - but it's $25 for eleven hours of entertainment, AND your car will be right there near the Poly when you want just go home

We are going to do what I am calling a "monorail tour" on our arrival day.
We will check into POR, have lunch there, and then are going to Uber over to the Poly. We think it will be the best option to get there.
Technically, we could drive ourselves and start at the Grand Floridian since we do have a dinner ADR there. But I am betting we will be exploring longer than the 3-4 hour parking rule.
I am a rule follower :thumbsup2

We are going to do what I am calling a "monorail tour" on our arrival day.
We will check into POR, have lunch there, and then are going to Uber over to the Poly. We think it will be the best option to get there.
Technically, we could drive ourselves and start at the Grand Floridian since we do have a dinner ADR there. But I am betting we will be exploring longer than the 3-4 hour parking rule.
I am a rule follower :thumbsup2

If you are going to Uber, I suggest you start at the Wilderness Lodge. The resort is he epitome of Christmas. From there take the boat to the Magic Kingdom, and hop on the monorail. You can hit all the monorail resorts, and end up at the Grand. You will have plenty of time. If you want, after dinner, or before if you have time, take the monorail to Epcot. You get a sneak peak into Epcot, and it is pretty after dark.

I love hearing all these ideas. I don't think I'm going to have much time to tour resorts, as my family is way more excited for the parks, but I'm going to see if I can squeeze a little in!

Thank you everyone for all the additional suggestions! I have certainly taken them into consideration and as a previous poster suggested, I've decided to break down the resort touring into two days. I'm planning it a little like this.

Please let me know if there is anything you would change and/or do differently.

Friday, Dec 7, 2018
MK RESORT CRAWL
1:30-2:00 PM - Arrive at MK & hop on the monorail loop to
2:00-2:30 PM - Polynesian
2:30-3:00 PM - Monorail to
3:00-3:30 PM - Grand Floridian
3:30-4:00 PM - Monorail to
4:00-4:30 PM - Contemporary
4:30-5:00 PM - Blue boat launch to
5:00-5:30 PM - Wilderness Lodge
5:30-6:00 PM - Blue Boat launch to
6:00-9:00 PM - Ft Wilderness / dinner at Trails End + Electrical Water Parade

Saturday Dec 8, 2018
MAGIC KINGDOM

Sunday Dec 9, 2018
DISNEY SPRINGS + EPCOT RESORT CRAWL
12:00-12:30 PM - Bus from DS to
12:30-1:30 PM - Yacht Club & walk to
1:30-2:30 PM - Beach Club & walk to
2:30-3:30 PM - Boardwalk & walk to
3:30-4:30 PM - Bus to DS then boat to
4:30-5:30 PM - Port Orleans FQ
5:30-6:00 PM - walk to
6:00-6:30 PM - Port Orleans Riverside
6:30-7:00 PM - boat back to DS for Christmas trail & dinner

Monday Dec 10, 2018
Breakfast at Boma and tour the Animal Kingdom Lodge

If you are going to Uber, I suggest you start at the Wilderness Lodge. The resort is he epitome of Christmas. From there take the boat to the Magic Kingdom, and hop on the monorail. You can hit all the monorail resorts, and end up at the Grand. You will have plenty of time. If you want, after dinner, or before if you have time, take the monorail to Epcot. You get a sneak peak into Epcot, and it is pretty after dark.

Great idea Nancyg56 ! Thank-you so much!
We do have a late lunch ADR @ WL a few days into our trip. (We plan to leave MK for a midafternoon break, and relax after lunch in that beautiful WL lobby before we go back to MK for the xmas party!)
But, I love it so much there that we can always go twice.

...Please let me know if there is anything you would change and/or do differently.

Friday, Dec 7, 2018
MK RESORT CRAWL
1:30-2:00 PM - Arrive at MK & hop on the monorail loop to
2:00-2:30 PM - Polynesian
2:30-3:00 PM - Monorail to
3:00-3:30 PM - Grand Floridian
We would recommend taking the walkway from Polynesian (get a drink to go) to Grand Floridian (take advantage for the gingerbread house offerings)...unless the weather is bad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter