• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Shopping 2010

I think I just made a huge mistake. I ordered an Xbox 360 from target with free standard shipping yesterday. Tonight I double checked my order confirmation because my card has not been charged yet and found that it was expected to arrive between Dec 21 and Jan 6 I don't know how I missed that. This is the gift from my mother and she would be very upset if the kids didn't have it to open on Christmas. I have no idea if I should cancel or if it's likely that I will get it before Christmas and if I cancel where would I find another xbox 360? Ugh, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I personally wouldn't cancel until I had another in hand. You never know, it could show up early. I would get out there and start hunting....Best Buy, TRU, Walmart, Gamestop....everywhere. Good luck!

Has anyone seen How to Train your Dragon figures? I can not find any and my son just decided he loves that movie! He is 3 and just saw it for the first time last week.

I have seen the Dragon figures inabundance at my local WM's.

Thank you! I will check there! Our Walmart is more like a Trashmart so I never think to go there. But for my baby, I will!

I think I just made a huge mistake. I ordered an Xbox 360 from target with free standard shipping yesterday. Tonight I double checked my order confirmation because my card has not been charged yet and found that it was expected to arrive between Dec 21 and Jan 6 I don't know how I missed that. This is the gift from my mother and she would be very upset if the kids didn't have it to open on Christmas. I have no idea if I should cancel or if it's likely that I will get it before Christmas and if I cancel where would I find another xbox 360? Ugh, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I had ordered Kinect from them and it wasn't suppossed to arrive untill the 24 and I got it the week of Thanksgiving.They said they would email me when shipped though and they didn't so I was very surprised when it arrived.I was leaving my order and keeping an eye out in the stores in case I saw one-it is very easy to cancel the order with Target just go into the area with your account info and it has a place with your orders and you can just check a box to cancel before it is shipped.I would leave it and if you find one just cancel.

Where oh where can I find a Lego Hogwarts Castle (Harry Potter) it is out of stock on line even from Lego :confused3 guess I waited too long BOO.

For Hogwarts castle check Borders or Barnes and Noble. Most people don't check a book store for legos and if you are lucky enough to get a 40% off coupon it makes the legos a reasonable price.

I got the Harry Potter lego game, and lego advent calendar from Borders when they were sold out at Toys R Us.

I have 2 more gifts left to buy and I am all done with the kids. I can finally focus on the adults now. :woohoo:

For Hogwarts castle check Borders or Barnes and Noble. Most people don't check a book store for legos and if you are lucky enough to get a 40% off coupon it makes the legos a reasonable price.

Believe me, I've checked several times ~ I'll try those stores again.

I did score a Clawdeen monster high doll at TRU this morning- they had a couple and even at least 10 Draculara, a few Frankie, and a few Lagoona.

Has anyone seen How to Train your Dragon figures? I can not find any and my son just decided he loves that movie! He is 3 and just saw it for the first time last week.

I have seen the Dragon figures inabundance at my local WM's.

That's right -- the How To Train Your Dragon Action Figures are Walmart exclusives. The mini talking plushes are sold at Walmart and Amazon.

Both are very hot.

Where oh where can I find a Lego Hogwarts Castle (Harry Potter) it is out of stock on line even from Lego :confused3 guess I waited too long BOO.

It's out there :)

Matter of fact, based on my data, it's been in stock at amazon for an hour now.

Hope you see this soon!

Target? I would agree with the others.

You are probably going to be just fine.

And, I also agree with everyone else.... You can get the bundles pretty easily still. It's the standalone Kinect's that are harder to come by.

It's been in quite a bit in stock today though!

And.. Some of you I think like my little updates on my hands on review of stuff.

We got in uDraw to check out. VERY cool! If you have a wii, it's worth checking out for sure. It's yet another in the latest and greatest wii accessories, but it's pretty cool. The game that comes with it isn't bad either. Pictionary on the other hand is really well done.

It's about 70 MSRP, so, it's up there a bit.... but, it does at least come with a game.

And lalaloopsy's have been CRAZY in stock today. I think we helped some of you get them too!

:woohoo:

But, it's all about the mini's these days.. Those are pretty cool. They don't feel like just another in a series of cashing in. They are actually a nice, cheaper, alternative to the full fledged Lalaloopsy.

And teacup piggies continue to be scarce online.

And not sure if you guys saw it all, starting Sunday there is that big TRU sale. A lot of stuff is buy one, get half off.... I know the complaints are that some of the prices are a little inflated for the holidays so the savings are questioned, but... that's an exercise in finding what your final number is for what you want I suppose!

And phew. I've been nuts!

Oh yea! If you guys didn't see it, there are all sorts of new Monster High things... Beds, new outfits, all sorts of stuff.

Thanks, Ed. I actually did use your "data" to find the Harry Potter Lego Castle. It says it will be in stock 12/6 which is good enough for me ... no trips all over the globe on the off chance someone might have it in stock LOL Actually, I was only going to buy it if I "happened upon it" but, I guess this counts?

The MH cheer outfits are cute. I don't want to encourage DD to take their clothes off though, I unpacked Frankie and her arms pull out extremely easily. Like easy enough that I can see one falling off without DD knowing it at the time....

justed!!!!! you are AWESOME!! i jumped on Amazon and got the castle!! thanks soo much!

:)

I do what I can.

Thanks, Ed. I actually did use your "data" to find the Harry Potter Lego Castle. It says it will be in stock 12/6 which is good enough for me ... no trips all over the globe on the off chance someone might have it in stock LOL Actually, I was only going to buy it if I "happened upon it" but, I guess this counts?

The MH cheer outfits are cute. I don't want to encourage DD to take their clothes off though, I unpacked Frankie and her arms pull out extremely easily. Like easy enough that I can see one falling off without DD knowing it at the time....

Heh. I like the way you put that.

Thanks.

I actually didn't know it was as hot as it is. Maybe I need to pull that out in to another ... data set so people can find it easier?

Ya know. I haven't had any hands on time with a MH Doll myself, but, I too have read the conflicting (?) reports of people trying to decide if they are "supposed" to fall off ... in a monster like way, or, they really just come off.

I haven't pursued it much past that, but, I have seen both sides of the camp discussing those points.

The outfits look pretty cool. Did you see the new beach line coming out in February?

I'll probably have some hands on time with that at the Toy Fair.

We have SO many contacts that we didn't have last year. I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY excited about going.

We'll be documenting the whole thing too!

Glad to have helped you both!!!

I think the kids will really like their gifts but I feel like I over-bought this year a bit because I started early and then things have been popping up and I would think "Oh, they would LOVE that." LOL Maybe I need some sort of intervention :rolleyes:
Me too! I had foot surgery on Black Friday so I wanted to be sure I was done before then. I think I over bought just to be sure I would be done-and maybe out of a bit of guilt for being out of commission right at Christmas. Not sure if I'll get the pin out of my foot before Christmas or not. The Dis doesn't help either-find all sorts of stuff I never even heard of. I bought my DD(11) a harumika mannequin at Target after reading about them here. Then I found one on Amazon for $7 so I figured I would order that and have it as a gift if my girls went to bday party. Then I found that there was an accessory kit with a dog and my DD(7) LOVES dogs so I figured I could give her the Amazon one BUT...then I needed to get my DD(11) an accessory kit too.:rotfl:

One of my DS(9)'s big gifts is the night vision binoculars. Well we just got a package from Amazon-a gift for my 3 kids from my SIL in St Louis-night vision binoculars....I'll be sure the kids open that after the Santa gifts. I guess the girls can share those.

We got in uDraw to check out. VERY cool! If you have a wii, it's worth checking out for sure. It's yet another in the latest and greatest wii accessories, but it's pretty cool. The game that comes with it isn't bad either. Pictionary on the other hand is really well done.

It's about 70 MSRP, so, it's up there a bit.... but, it does at least come with a game.
Do you have a hands on review of this? I couldn't find onr on your site. My friend was thinking if it for her DD.

Do you have a hands on review of this? I couldn't find onr on your site. My friend was thinking if it for her DD.

The full on writeup isnt up yet (which is why you didnt see it), BUT, the video is done and that's what you really want anyway, right?

Not my yammering in text form :)

So, hop over to Youtube and look for any of our videos. From there, you should be able to find the channel (click the username).

Once you find that, you'll be able to find the uDraw video.

My son had a really good time with it. The first game video review is split into four parts. We also have to do some videos with Pictionary and Dood's Big Adventure. I'd say of those two, Pictionary is the one to consider heavily if you are going to get a game besides the one it comes with. It's a very natural game for the uDraw!

Again, it's 70 bucks, so.. it is up there, but, so is Wii Fit so... it is aligned with the other interactive peripherals. I think thats probably about the most fair assessment I can give you from a price point. I think it would be a really good fit at 50, but, if there extra 20 isn't a horrible difference, then, it's a great choice. 70 just "sounds" different than 50 if you dont talk about the 20 buck difference...

Know what I mean?

See if you can find the videos and let me know what you think!

Any questions, ask away. I was busy doing some other stuff but I can pass along any specific questions you might have to my wife who did the video.

The full on writeup isnt up yet (which is why you didnt see it), BUT, the video is done and that's what you really want anyway, right?

Not my yammering in text form :)

So, hop over to Youtube and look for any of our videos. From there, you should be able to find the channel (click the username).

Once you find that, you'll be able to find the uDraw video.

My son had a really good time with it. The first game video review is split into four parts. We also have to do some videos with Pictionary and Dood's Big Adventure. I'd say of those two, Pictionary is the one to consider heavily if you are going to get a game besides the one it comes with. It's a very natural game for the uDraw!

Again, it's 70 bucks, so.. it is up there, but, so is Wii Fit so... it is aligned with the other interactive peripherals. I think thats probably about the most fair assessment I can give you from a price point. I think it would be a really good fit at 50, but, if there extra 20 isn't a horrible difference, then, it's a great choice. 70 just "sounds" different than 50 if you dont talk about the 20 buck difference...

Know what I mean?

See if you can find the videos and let me know what you think!

Any questions, ask away. I was busy doing some other stuff but I can pass along any specific questions you might have to my wife who did the video.

Thanks! Found the videos.

I'll send the info to my friend. I read a review on amazon that said you only had 30 minutes to make a painting. Do you konw if that is true? I could see spending more than 30 minutes on a painting.

Thanks! Found the videos.

I'll send the info to my friend. I read a review on amazon that said you only had 30 minutes to make a painting. Do you konw if that is true? I could see spending more than 30 minutes on a painting.

Cool!

I saw the review that you were talking about.

I'll have to revisit it with my wife. I didn't do the hands on .. I just popped in and out of the room as they were playing it.

Like I said, I think the price is the larger limiting factor here.

If it was ~50, I think it may be a more immediately attractive. 70 puts it at a different bracket... know what I mean?

I do think some of the reviews were a bit overly critical. I didn't find it that difficult to use BUT, it should be said that it isn't as ... natural of a drawing experience as you may expect.

HOWEVER, you can hold down the A button with which puts the pen in a constant draw mode. I believe that is how my wife preferred to do her drawing. Again, I need to check with her. I'll make sure some of those points make it in to the overview.

I guess it all depends on what you are getting it for.

If it's for fun, and, not for trying to draw professional pictures, I think you are the right audience. If not, you may not find that it is what you are looking for. It's really not going to be a super advanced Wacom tablet (which is the tablet of choice generally for artists when sketching on a computer)... its just not what it is. That's a "tool", and, this is a toy.

So, again, I think my general thought is :

- if the price doesn't hold you back, then keep going
- if you are looking for a fun experience and not a "real-real" drawing experience, you can do it with this peripheral
- know that there are some at first unnatural things you must do to make it work.. you have to push down on the pen to let it know you want to draw.. otherwise, it would be impossible for it to sense if you wanted to draw, or, were just readjusting

Hope that all helps?

But, once you get the hang of the pen, the pictionary game IS good!

ACK! My five year old just declared today that he wants the Kinect. We don't have an XBox, so I'd need the whole deal. I guess I'll be setting up an alert thing. What do I need if I want to get this thing???

ETA, he seems to want the Kinectimals game. Is that hard to find?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter