• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cinderella’s Royal Table vs. Akershus?

Food wise- we prefer Akershus for lunch and dinner and CRT for breakfast, but if it's all about the experience of meeting the princesses and the setting you're in...CRT is the winner.

So as you know, WDW has 2 princess character meals: Cinderella’s Royal Table and Akershus. Which one is better in terms of food, service, characters, etc. and which princesses usually meet at them (besides Cinderella at CRT of course)?
CRT for me. Seeing princesses in Epcot just loses some of the magic IMO.

We do Akershus on every visit. Almost always as a breakfast. CRT costs twice as much and the food is middling at best.

Akershus, hands down.

We went to CRT on our most recent trip. It was a one-and-done for us, primarily due to cost. We thought it was neat to eat in the castle, but it was otherwise just adequate. I'm glad we went, and I would encourage anyone to try it once, but it was a one-and-done for us.

On our very first family trip to WDW, we went to Akershus. I thought it was awesome. Dd loved it. The character interaction was great, and I loved the food. Dh didn't care for the food. If you're not an adventurous diner, there are things on the menu that are similar to American food, but you have to read the descriptions. We probably won't go back for awhile since dd is out of the princess stage (she is at that age where she's "too big for princesses", and hasn't yet come full-circle where it's fun to get pics with them again), and dh doesn't like the food. But I thought it was great. I would love to go back with just dd and mom or mil and have a girl date there when dd gets over herself.

Definitely say everyone should do CRT at least once, if you can afford it/have the credits. We have always done brft as we like brft food anyway, and it is the cheapest. As PP mentioned above, it is a castle 🏰 and very magical, a unique experience! Loved the wishing ceremony, and the beautiful stained glass, and looking down on Fantasyland. It's cool to look up at the castle after and know you've been inside! DS also liked getting the sword. We enjoyed the food and had good interaction on our visits, and in-laws still talk about it. We never felt rushed. Went to Akershus on our 2nd trip, and while it was nice, DD asked to go back to the castle next time.

As far as princesses, other than Cindy at CRT and Belle at Akershus for pics, they can vary, so no guarantee, but Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel(in green dress) are often at both, with Jasmine usually as the 4th at the castle, and at Akershus the 4th may be Cindy and we have seen Mulan, which was cool, and have heard of Mary Poppins on occasion. Belle used to appear in her blue dress at the castle, but I don't believe she has been there in several years unfortunately. We also enjoy 1900PF w/Cindy, Prince stepmom and the stepsisters - they are a riot! (only at dinner) Trattoria Al Forna (Bon Voyage) was also good(brft only) and only place to meet Flynn outside of parties, and he is totally in character! And remember, whichever princesses you don't see at either meal you can meet at the countries in Epcot or spots in MK!
Belle in the blue dress? Weird.

I wonder if they’ll start adding Mulan more in promotion of the upcoming film. I also heard at the castle years ago they used to have Fairy Godmother and the mice during dinner.

Listen, we tried Akershus as It was the cheaper of the two and we regretted it. My husband heard someone vomitting in the bathroom and quite frankly the food was dismal. Our waitress was nice but it was awkward because she was reading from a script telling us her favorite dessert was this cottage cheese looking thing. No one at our table of 5 finished their meals. The princesses were lovely but this next trip its Cinderellas Royal Table for us.

We have done both for breakfast and all of us appreciate CRT over Akershus. Overall we feel the food and experience are a bit better at CRT---but mostly the atmosphere of being in the Castle is the main draw for our family.

I went to wdwinfo and was watching the review video for Akershus and it looked like some good interaction with princesses. I also read the review on there for CRT and it said that the little girls at the table had autograph books but the table was told that the characters wouldn’t do autographs or come to the table at all for photos. It said they were able to take action shots but the only princess they got to meet was Cinderella at the beginning.

Do princesses do table visits and autographs/photos at both?

We just did a lunch a CRT last weekend and the princesses both sign autographs and take photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter