• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cindy's Breakfast advice & encouragement

Hi everybody!
Finally I have the date for my trip..12/16 until 12/27!
Should I call tomorrow to make the reservation?I hope they still have seats for us! ;)

O.K. We have a 6:20 ADR at Cinderella's for dinner. On this evening, Spectromagic begins at 8:00. Do you think if we stayed till 8:00 that we could see anything? Should we try to push back the reservation to a later time?
Thanks!!!!

Can someone enlighten me with the meaning of "PS"? The "tips" link in the OP isn't working for me. I feel like such a Disney novice!

Ava31 said:
Can someone enlighten me with the meaning of "PS"? The "tips" link in the OP isn't working for me. I feel like such a Disney novice!

Priority Seating, which is what Disney Dining used to call they reservations. Now the are ADR which is Advance Dining Reservation.

Hey all :wave:

A couple of questions. And one was answered already a couple of pages back, as my cc was charged in full, when we made the reservation. This is a new policy, no? And does this include tip/tax?

Another question--I lost my confirmation # and actual time of the lunch. I know it is on Nov 5, but can't remember anything else. Oh, it is in my name. Will this info be difficult to get from the Disney folks?

The photo package that comes w/lunch. Is it w/Cindy when you first come in, or can we get it w/someone else, esp. Aurora whom my DS is in love w/ :lovestruc

I'm sure there is more stuff I have questions about. We have tons of food allergies so I'll mention that to them when I call back. Also, my son can't eat anything off the children's menu, he would love the adult salmon if that is still available. I'm assuming they'll charge me adult plate for him, would that be your thoughts? He's 4 if that means anything.

Thanks

I saw on another WDW discussion board - gasp :faint: I know, looking at other boards...- that there was only Snow White, Mary Poppins and the Fairy Godmother at the breakfast circulating in the dining room. Anyone else have that experience? My DD3 will be thoroughly disappointed if she doesn't see more princesses! :guilty:

I just had lunch in the castle for my birthday (21!! :bday: ) Anyway, it was wonderful. I had the pasta (HIGHLY recommend it). These were the princesses we met. Cinderella was in the lobby. Then it was Belle, Snow White, Aurora, and Fairy Godmother rotating.

Tired Mama said:
Hey all :wave:

A couple of questions. And one was answered already a couple of pages back, as my cc was charged in full, when we made the reservation. This is a new policy, no? And does this include tip/tax?

Another question--I lost my confirmation # and actual time of the lunch. I know it is on Nov 5, but can't remember anything else. Oh, it is in my name. Will this info be difficult to get from the Disney folks?

The photo package that comes w/lunch. Is it w/Cindy when you first come in, or can we get it w/someone else, esp. Aurora whom my DS is in love w/ :lovestruc

I'm sure there is more stuff I have questions about. We have tons of food allergies so I'll mention that to them when I call back. Also, my son can't eat anything off the children's menu, he would love the adult salmon if that is still available. I'm assuming they'll charge me adult plate for him, would that be your thoughts? He's 4 if that means anything.

Thanks

Yes, that is a new policy (as of Feb 6) and yes, it includes tax/tip.

You can call and they'll be able to find your ADR and give you the time and confirmation number.

The photo package is only with Cinderella downstairs. There's really no way to take it with one of the princesses upstairs.

Tell them the food issues when you call back for your confirmation number.

Ok i saw a picture of a family alone in the park heading for breakfest they had the first ressie..Where did they go and how do you get in ahead of everyone else .. We were there 05 and trying to plan a 2006 trip with more money so how and where do you make ressies??

eeyorelori said:
Ok i saw a picture of a family alone in the park heading for breakfest they had the first ressie..Where did they go and how do you get in ahead of everyone else .. We were there 05 and trying to plan a 2006 trip with more money so how and where do you make ressies??

The best way to experience no one in your pictures on Main Street is to try and get the first seating for breakfast at either CRT or even Crystal Palace. On a day that the park opens at 9:00a, try for an 8:00a ressies.

You'd call Disney Dining right at the 180 day mark.

thanks for the reply but where is the court is it the castle? And how do you get to walk into the park do you get tickets or what im a newbie how does all this work .. Thanks in advance

beattyfamily said:
The photo package is included in all 3 meals.

Did they change this from December 2005? When we went to lunch with Cinderella then they took the picture downstairs with Cinderella then about 20 minutes into the meal, they came by asking if we wanted the picture package and I beleive it was 35.00 extra, in addition to the meal cost. :confused3

applechips said:
Did they change this from December 2005? When we went to lunch with Cinderella then they took the picture downstairs with Cinderella then about 20 minutes into the meal, they came by asking if we wanted the picture package and I beleive it was 35.00 extra, in addition to the meal cost. :confused3

Yes, February 6 they raised the prices of the meals and now include the photo package.

eeyorelori said:
thanks for the reply but where is the court is it the castle? And how do you get to walk into the park do you get tickets or what im a newbie how does all this work .. Thanks in advance

If you have a reservation before park opening, you go to the park entrance. I believe that the CMs have a list of the people with reservations. Then they will let you go in. It would probably also help to have the confirmation number.

The CM I spoke to when I made ADRs for a TS before park opens is that you HAVE TO have the confirmation number to get in (and park tickets).

On another note: I was VERY happy - I had an 8:25 a.m. ADR for 8/27 for 4 people and had to cancel because we now will have 5 people - AND I was able to get a 2:05 lunch ADR at CRT instead!!! We made an ADR for CP for that morning for 5 people at 8:10 a.m. I STUDIED the breakfast stuff - is lunch good (the menu seemed limited - not that the breakfast was ever so expansive... :rotfl: )?

I have been reading through these posts and can't believe how hard y'all are working to make reservations. With my vacation package, we got an itinerary planner. The IP made all the reservations for us--got the days and times we wanted. Wow--I didn't even appreciate this service until I read all these posts.

I went to WDW last summer. Does WDW still offer an itinerary planner with the vacation packages?

MissMagnolia said:
I STUDIED the breakfast stuff - is lunch good (the menu seemed limited - not that the breakfast was ever so expansive... :rotfl: )?

When I was there in December, yes the lunch was good! I had a pasta dish if I remember correctly. They served us a fruit dish for an appetizer I believe, along with some cheese(or maybe that is what they gave my 4 year old) and then for dessert they brought us ice cream inside a chocolate crown. It was cute. Somewhere i have a picture of the crown ice cream... yum

We have had our reservations booked at CRT breakfast since 180 out!
When we made the reservation we book four people and paid in advance for four people. Just recently we realized that my Mom wasn't going to be able to come due to complications from a knee replacement.

The credit card we used was a Visa Debit Card from Bank of America and we closed that account two months ago. What's going to happen? Should we just chuck our losses since the money can't be refunded to the original card and will check-in still allow us to check-in even though the reservation says four and there are only three of us??????

wdisneynannyfam said:
We have had our reservations booked at CRT breakfast since 180 out!
When we made the reservation we book four people and paid in advance for four people. Just recently we realized that my Mom wasn't going to be able to come due to complications from a knee replacement.

The credit card we used was a Visa Debit Card from Bank of America and we closed that account two months ago. What's going to happen? Should we just chuck our losses since the money can't be refunded to the original card and will check-in still allow us to check-in even though the reservation says four and there are only three of us??????

Going from 4 to 3 should be no problem as far as getting seated. Regarding your mother's charge, I'd call first and explain to them your mother's not coming now and you'd like to know what your options are for a refund once you are at CRT because that the card you used to pay for her is no longer valid and see what they say. Maybe there is something they could do anyway.

Did you try actually changing the ADR before you go down to see if you could get the refund on a different card?

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter