• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cindy's Breakfast advice & encouragement

Just checking if anyone is cancelling for any of these dates: 10.23, 10.24 or 10.25.....Please let me know if you are.

I'll still be calling each daying, looking for cancellations...so we'll see. We are going to the Sotrybook Princess breakfast on my DD's 4th birthday, so I am pretty excited about that...just thought we'd got to CRT, too, if we could.

Thanks!
danawp@optonline.net

YEAH!! We got ressies for Cindy's!!! I tried yesterday and they were sold out. My husband and my sister tried this morning and my husband was able to get through and make ressies for November 22 @ 9:00. So happy!! :D :D :D :) :) :) :)

I feel so much better reading these posts.... I tried 5 days in a row and to no avail...on day 5 when they were sold out at 7:02 am I just sat down and cried.

Here's my question: do cancellations ever happen? Should I try right at 7 for these also--or am I just running up one heck of a phone bill trying?

Thanks!
Sarah

So, if I can't get a Cindy's PS for a certain day, should I just stay on with the operator and try for the Princess b-fast at Norway?

M

DON'T FRET! YOU WILL GET CINDY'S ONCE YOU ARE THERE! IT always happens to me..REmember check at 11 pm at yourfront desk of your hotel, they have access to dining records....people tired from teh parade, etc. Cancel

If you want the Epcot breakfast as a back-up, I would book it now. You don't have to wait until 60 days out for the Epcot breakfast (unless there has been a change I don't know about).

Scottmel...I don't think that tactic will work for you any more. Cindy's requires a CC deposit now and your card will still be charged unless you cancel your PS more than 24 hours in advance. You could try for cancellations at the 24 hour stage I suppose, but my feel is that if a person has kept a PS that long, that they are unlikely to cancel for no reason.

Oh shoot, I never thought of the 24 hour rule...We leave tomorrow and I did secure both breakfasts months ago but they did not ask for my cc number for the Storybook breakfast, just Cindy's. So perhaps this tactic would work for the Epcot Breakfast?

Day 1 of the Cindy Lottery, and like the vast majority in lotteries I spent my money and came up empty-handed. I called back 3 times, and there are no cancellations at those particular moments.

Why don't they just have a character dinner or lunch here too and increase our odds?

Thanks to DopeyGirl and all who advise on this thread! I dreaded this morning calling for my Cindys ressie!! I didn't want to be getting up at 5:45 every morning trying to get in. Unfortunately, i fell back asleep, only to have DH wake me up and say "you only have 3 minutes":eek: . Well up i flew, I knew our clock wasn't set to the universal official time, so i could be late. I ran downstairs (blinded myself with lights :rolleyes: , and after 4 redials i got in! Talk about timing and luck! I doubt i would have gotten thru with the old system. Pixie dust to all trying to get ressies!!

Sue

On our last trip (2001), DH was in charge of calling in the am and he called me at 9:15 am and admitted he forget - I figured I would try anyway and they actually had something left (the CM was stunned). It CAN happen -- just don't count on it!! I think what must have happened was a family had multiple members calling in, several got lucky, and they had just called back in and cancelled one -- thus if you "fail" at 7:03, another call a little later wouldn't hurt. With the new deposit rules it is more likely reservations will come available once people sort through their plans (I know we will try for a seating each of the days and if we luck out with more than one we will keep the one that suits our schedule best).

I got up early, hit redial only once before getting through then waited my turn. I called back at 7:15, 7:30, 9:00 and then in the afternoon. Last trip I couldn't get Cindy's, but a few years ago we did get in. I try again on Wed, and I have a new strategy involving 3 instead of 2 phones.

How can this be possible?? How can all the tables sell out within like 2-3 minutes??? I'm amazed. My sister had 2 phones going at the same time. One was saying office closed and she go through on the other. Weird.

The bad news is, I got through, but they were sold out. The good news is that my sister GOT A TABLE!! For 8 of us at 8:30am on our first morning!!

Here's my question: It' s the MK Extra Magic day (Sunday) and we are off site. How early can we get into the park withour PS? Not the best day to get a Cindy PS, I guess, but better than none!!
We'll still have other days to get to MK at rope drop.

Thanks!!

Michelle

For a variety of reasons, we have had to postpone our upcoming trip to WDW until January. Subsequently, I will be cancelling two reservations for CRT sometime this morning. Both reservations are for 6, one on October 1st at 8:25 and the other is on October 6th at 9:00. Hope this helps someone, and wish us luck on rebooking!!

MichelleC - They have very few table and very high demand.

I asked why they don't have character lunch or dinner, and it's because Cinderella is so busy right after breakfast with going to Mickey's Toontown, parades, the show in front of the castle, etc. that she can't appear later. The face characters are on the run according to the CM.

I know there is huge demand. But, the logistics of it are mind blowing! How many operators must thye have? Selling out in 2-3 minutes? It's unreal!

False Alarm!!! A CM just called to change my PS # for Garden Grill, and I had her look for availability for Cindy's 11/23...again. I specified breakfast, and she told me there was availability....for 11:50 or 2 p.m. I'll be on the phones participating in Disney's ultimate frustration contest tomorrow. Dang! This is probably our last trip that all my kids are going to want to do this, too, as my ds is turning 11. I need more than pixie dust. I need a HOT LINE! O.K. I've vented...decompression complete.

I read they have over 100 reservationists answering the calls, and most PS can be booked in 2 min. or less. WDW-DINE is not the only group that can make PS. It's just the only one Disney wants you to call. CRT accomodates only 130 diners at a time, and the Unofficial Guide says that some of those seats are included in certain WDW packages leaving even fewer available for distribution through WDW-Dine. Then you have to take into account that if 100 seats are open, that's only 20 parties of 5 at a time. I don't know how many times they plan to turn a table, but even if they turned each table 3 times, that's still only 60 parties getting seats at CRT. Parties will be larger and smaller, but I just used that for the sake of mathematical ease.

Tomorrow's strategy: 3 phones calling 3 different numbers. I will report on my success or lack thereof whichever be the case.

Strike 2, but I got through 2 times to central res while still on hold with WDW DINE, but the dine # picked up first. I decided to try 2 phones, but next time my husband or kid will have to assist to add the 3rd phone.

Ok, I'm setting my watch, have the date to start calling, have 2 land lines, 2 cel phones and all my friends ready.....now, what's the best phone # to call?
Thanks,
Gret

I had no problem getting in 3 years ago, have things changed that much?
Yikes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter