Citizens Of Hollywood

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any info on Disney's plans for CoH?

Has Disney ever made an announcement they they are permanently "retired"?

I would say that CoH accounted for about 30 % of my time in DHS each visit.

I will say that the vast majority of Guests would just keep walking(can understand that for non-English speaking Guests)-they don't know the fun they missed!

I really miss them and the entirety of the "MGM" era of the park. They made the park feel "alive" and helped with the Golden age of Hollywood theme.

I never participated in this but the Jedi Training near Star Tours was really cool and that also has not returned since Covid.

We loved watching them. Our friend got drafted by them once to play Scrooge in their little impromptu "Christmas Carol". Absolutely hilarious and the 12 Days of Christmas that they used to do with audience members was always a favourite. I really miss them!

With everyone so much of in a rush in the parks anymore I can see why they would never return. . . prob would get run over at rope drop. . .

I enjoyed them very much though . . .

Was hoping they would return, but its been too long since Covid, that I don't expect to see them return. Always loved their improv shows. The Jedi training show was really good. Not sure why that hasn't returned. Seems like a great activity to have in Galaxies Edge.

Yeah no doubt they are missed.

Universal had something similar in the port of entry in IOA that was a lot of fun.
That ended a few months back and I don't see it coming back.

Was hoping they would return, but its been too long since Covid, that I don't expect to see them return. Always loved their improv shows. The Jedi training show was really good. Not sure why that hasn't returned. Seems like a great activity to have in Galaxies Edge.

They did officially announce that Jedi Training is not returning, though I agree they should bring it back.

Nothing about CoH.

Funny enough, I came here to post the EXACT question about whether we'd ever see them again...only to find this thread!

I also wanted to ask something to see if my memory was failing me in any way...about a particular citizen of Hollywood.

I seem to remember, maybe 20-25 years ago, someone at the Tower of Terror hanging around the area where the photos are at a desk pretending he was taking calls to book rooms and the like. He was on one of those old-school phones and was wearing the bellhop costume.

I swear this guy existed. I can't find anything online about it. I mean I DID just get off a big drop ride so maybe my mind was making things up, but I'm almost positive some guy used to do this and include jokes about the rooms being vacant or something of the like!! Can anyone confirm this???

It really is a shame Jedi Training is not returning. We were fortunate enough to get it done before our oldest turned 12. To this day is one of our most vivd memories of WDW. Something so small yet so big. And was just included with your Disney Park day if you wanted. That was in the beginning of FP+ and MB era and together were at the heart of why we kept retuning. I guess each era has its high points that capture the magic, though I’m not convinced we’d feel that same level of ease and excitement with young ones today. There’s a reason it’s not returning: $250 Savi’s. That’s a fantastic experience as well it should be at $250.

CoH needs to return! No excuse there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter