(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to be added to the log...3/1-3/6 - first stay at VWL and DD's (3) first visit ever! Is it too early to start packing? ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Never to early to start packing. What a fun fun trip your are going to have. the magic in your daughter's eyes will be so awesome

Never to early to start packing. What a fun fun trip your are going to have. the magic in your daughter's eyes will be so awesome

I'm so very excited...it will be my sixth trip but first with my daughter...spent most of the morning watching WDW videos on YouTube together and making a mental packing list.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am SO EXCITED to be planning an official Disney Resort vacation!!:yay: The last three visits were at shades of green. Any advice on things to expect or things you loved at WL?? Hope I'm posting this in the right place :confused3. TIA!!!

:cheer2:Welcome!! Yes, this is the right place. This is the best ( IMHO) thread on the Dis. So many friendly and helpful people and lots of up to date info. All questions are welcomed, even if they have been asked a zillion times. :)
What I love about the WL: everything is under one roof, so no walks in the rain for morning coffee or snacks; the lobby is stunning and you will never forget the first time you see it; in spite of the lobby size, the vibe is cozy and warm, and relaxing; I love walking along the beach ( small, but sufficient) after getting a drink at the poolside bar, and watching the sunset; the sound of the crickets at night; the mesquite smell in the air from the smokehouse and restaurants; The Music! ( I should have put that first); the little bridge in the lobby with the flowing water; the cozy spots throughout the resort to just sit and relax; I love the light fixtures! ( especially the owl, which is my icon); and finally, the theming surrounds you and when you come back from a dizzying day/evening at the parks, it really feels like you are a world away from the intensity the minute you step off the boat or the bus. ( the boat to MK is another plus!) Happy planning!!

Anyone know if the Christmas tree and decorations are up at the Lodge yet? TIA!

We arrived yesterday afternoon, and our room was ready at 3 pm when we checked in. We are staying in the Villas side for the first time in a studio. We do enjoy the little kitchenette area in the room, otherwise, we definitely do enjoy rooms in the Lodge itself. If we weren't so lazy, we would actually ask about switching to a regular room, but that would mean packing up our stuff.

Either way, we are here at the WL and that in itself is amazing.

We arrived yesterday afternoon, and our room was ready at 3 pm when we checked in. We are staying in the Villas side for the first time in a studio. We do enjoy the little kitchenette area in the room, otherwise, we definitely do enjoy rooms in the Lodge itself. If we weren't so lazy, we would actually ask about switching to a regular room, but that would mean packing up our stuff. Either way, we are here at the WL and that in itself is amazing.

Did you book a regular room and were assigned to a villa studio? I didn't know they could do that.

They don't. She chose a villa this time. :goodvibes

MouseMommy is right, we chose the Villas this time. I am in no way saying it is not a nice room, just the location, and what not, is not our style.

On a lighter note - they were still showing the older bounce back in our room for free food. I called and they were more than happy to help me book two room discount bounce backs for 2014. :cool1:

We shall be back here at the WL on 4/20 - 4/26 and then again 11/9 - 11/15 !! And we are going back to Club Level !!! Yay!!!

MouseMommy is right, we chose the Villas this time. I am in no way saying it is not a nice room, just the location, and what not, is not our style.

On a lighter note - they were still showing the older bounce back in our room for free food. I called and they were more than happy to help me book two room discount bounce backs for 2014. :cool1:

We shall be back here at the WL on 4/20 - 4/26 and then again 11/9 - 11/15 !! And we are going back to Club Level !!! Yay!!!

:cool1:

What is the bb room discount?

I hope that his passing was peaceful and it's great that your family is so excited and your best friend will be joining you.
Thanks, Kook! It was.

It's official....I've started seriously packing now. Carry on's are set up by person. Outfits are being set up by day.

AND, I decided that we didn't want to come back to an undecorated house and so we have up all of out outside lights so far!

14 days; a wedding, a surprise birthday party, 2 Thanksgiving dinners (one 3 hours away), family home from overseas, packing for WDW....ain't no big thing! :rotfl:

I've been trying to follow the bounce back discussions because we want to book a bb when we are at the WL. From what I understand, the dates aren't posted yet, but CM's can tell you the available dates if you call. Here is what someone posted in one of the threads:

I'm at POLY right now and called today about bounceback offer. The one in the welcome package is still the FD for August 20 to Sept. 29, 2014. However, thanks to DisBoard I knew to ask about the new offer. I didn't ask about specific resorts, sorry. I was told in general it's 30% off moderates and 35% off deluxe. Here are the dates: 1/3-1/8, 1/12-1/16, 1/20-2/13, 2/17-3/1, 3/6-4/12, 4/20-5/22, 7/28-8/2, 8/17-10/4, 10/17-11/6, 11/9-11/21 and 12/21-12/23. I may call tomorrow to get more resort details. I'll post if I find any more information.

Thanks, Kook! It was.

It's official....I've started seriously packing now. Carry on's are set up by person. Outfits are being set up by day.

AND, I decided that we didn't want to come back to an undecorated house and so we have up all of out outside lights so far!

14 days; a wedding, a surprise birthday party, 2 Thanksgiving dinners (one 3 hours away), family home from overseas, packing for WDW....ain't no big thing! :rotfl:

Wow.. you are putting me to shame. We have 3.5 weeks to go and I just started thinking about making a packing list on the weekend:rotfl:. However, I said to one of the kids tonight "We only have 3 more weekends until Disney!" and then quickly realized that is NOT a lot of time. There's no time for extra things during the week with work/school/homework/practices/lessons etc. So that's 3 weekends to finish the Christmas shopping and wrap it all, decorate, make the packing lists, PACK, and do the 1000 things that need to be done on weekends. :rolleyes1

I have a feeling I'll be standing in the lobby of the Lodge before I know it::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter