(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know which website shows the current menu for AP. I have a reservation for 12/4 and would really like to check it out.

Does anyone know which website shows the current menu for AP. I have a reservation for 12/4 and would really like to check it out.

Just be aware that signatures like Artist Point will change their menus VERY frequently, as often as a few times per week depending on what fresh items they can source. Consider the published menu at any time as a general example/guideline and not as a 100% accurate guarantee. I would guesstimate about 75% of the menu are staples that will remain unchanged for long periods of time (like the salmon will ALWAYS be there), but the other 25% can vary.

By the way, when we went to AP in September, it was excellent. We really liked it. A lot more than our first try there 4 or 5 years ago.

I've been working on the 2014 thread. I will finish it this week and post the link to it here when it's up:goodvibes

What is rooftop wishes??
I removed it from the activities list because it's more of a special occasion event and not like Flag Family that is a daily event. You can ask the front desk at check-in or a concierge for more information/availability.

Rooftop Wishes is awesome! We were the only ones up there with Samuel, the C M who took us there.
Samuel is a CL CM and he is very nice. Glad you enjoyed the show!

Forgot to add, the W L tree starts going up Mon. Night and will be finished Tuesday!
Thank you for letting everyone know.

We're still 160 days out but so far we have made ADRs for Ohana character breakfast, Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch, Le Cellier for Dinner and Tusker House for breakfast. Still deciding on which night to do Yachtsman for steak :D

Keys to Kingdom tour and Backstage safari have been booked! Still need to book Dolphins in Depth and DiveQuest.

Oh and added another day at the parks.

Love looking at our itinerary and keep bugging my DH on what we want to do and when lol :) especially on our 'down' days which will be funfilled at WL (he really wants to do a fishing excursion)
Sounds great. Can you squeeze Trail's End in there?

I'm so behind!! We were at Wilderness Lodge October 30th-November5th. We were originally booked at the Poly but were forced to switched when my DH job was threatened. I'm SOOOO happy we switched :love: I'm trying to decide where we should stay when we go back in 2015 and cant get WL out of my mind:cloud9: I loved everything about it even when I was doing laundry lol. We checked in on the 30th and they had the room ready for us at 8am!! I was excited when I learned our room was on the 4th floor since I requested a lobby room but when we got upstairs I realized we didn't get our requested room because we were upgraded to a courtyard room just around the corner from the lobby so I figured it was the best of both worlds!!! The room was spotless and a mickey towel animal greeted us. We never waited longer than 10 minutes for a boat or bus and the lobby never appeared crowded. We got new towel animals almost everyday except 2 days in the middle. I had made tip envelopes for mousekeeping and they took them everyday except the 2 days in the middle:confused3 loved the pool in the evening with the geyser and water pageant the distance. I guess there were 2 things I didn't care for #1 quick service food selection and #2 not staying longer!! Now on to plan the next trip and since it will be closer to December the wilderness lodge would be perfect!!!
Thanks for reporting about your trip and now it's time to plan another one:thumbsup2

I am SO EXCITED to be planning an official Disney Resort vacation!!:yay: The last three visits were at shades of green. Any advice on things to expect or things you loved at WL?? Hope I'm posting this in the right place :confused3. TIA!!!
:welcome: to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread! Of course you're in the right place and feel free to post any questions you might have. The first two pages have a lot of information to help you plan your trip. You're going to love WL! Many transportation options and FW is right next door. Lots to see and do close-by and the resort is beautiful. Happy planning and let us know if more questions come up.

Would love to be added to the log...3/1-3/6 - first stay at VWL and DD's (3) first visit ever! Is it too early to start packing? ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Start packing…at least in your mind. What an exciting trip for DD. Take lots of pictures and I'll add you to the LL.

Add us to the trip roll call! WLVillas (DVC)
September 21-26, 2014.
You found your way from Crescent Lake:thumbsup2

:cheer2:Welcome!! Yes, this is the right place. This is the best ( IMHO) thread on the Dis. So many friendly and helpful people and lots of up to date info. All questions are welcomed, even if they have been asked a zillion times. :)
What I love about the WL: everything is under one roof, so no walks in the rain for morning coffee or snacks; the lobby is stunning and you will never forget the first time you see it; in spite of the lobby size, the vibe is cozy and warm, and relaxing; I love walking along the beach ( small, but sufficient) after getting a drink at the poolside bar, and watching the sunset; the sound of the crickets at night; the mesquite smell in the air from the smokehouse and restaurants; The Music! ( I should have put that first); the little bridge in the lobby with the flowing water; the cozy spots throughout the resort to just sit and relax; I love the light fixtures! ( especially the owl, which is my icon); and finally, the theming surrounds you and when you come back from a dizzying day/evening at the parks, it really feels like you are a world away from the intensity the minute you step off the boat or the bus. ( the boat to MK is another plus!) Happy planning!!
Great post:)

Anyone know if the Christmas tree and decorations are up at the Lodge yet? TIA!
Kathy Z reported that they will be done today.

We arrived yesterday afternoon, and our room was ready at 3 pm when we checked in. We are staying in the Villas side for the first time in a studio. We do enjoy the little kitchenette area in the room, otherwise, we definitely do enjoy rooms in the Lodge itself. If we weren't so lazy, we would actually ask about switching to a regular room, but that would mean packing up our stuff.

Either way, we are here at the WL and that in itself is amazing.
I understand, but at least you tried it. If you feel a burst of energy, you could still ask to move to WL, even CL;). I've done some last minute resort changes and never regretted them.

Just so everyone knows, all of the WL menus are hyperlinked in the DINING section on the first page.

:thumbsup2

Just be aware that signatures like Artist Point will change their menus VERY frequently, as often as a few times per week depending on what fresh items they can source. Consider the published menu at any time as a general example/guideline and not as a 100% accurate guarantee. I would guesstimate about 75% of the menu are staples that will remain unchanged for long periods of time (like the salmon will ALWAYS be there), but the other 25% can vary.

By the way, when we went to AP in September, it was excellent. We really liked it. A lot more than our first try there 4 or 5 years ago.
:wave:
Yes, and the menu can also vary greatly on holidays such as T'giving and Christmas. HERE is the link to the restaurants with special Christmas menus.

Anyway you could post a pic of dates?

I've been trying to follow the bounce back discussions because we want to book a bb when we are at the WL. From what I understand, the dates aren't posted yet, but CM's can tell you the available dates if you call. Here is what someone posted in one of the threads:

Woody Nymph is correct, the dates for the new bounceback are not posted yet. When we checked in, it was still the food bounce back in the folder. The dates that Wood Nymph quoted are the same ones that the person I spoke with confirmed to me.

Will there be a Photographer in the lobby taking pictures by the tree? I know they have in the past. We wanted to get out picture made the evening we dine there.. can someone tell me this information..:scratchin

The tree is up! Went up overnight. Stunning as usual!!
Woo-hoo! Thanks for letting us know. I cant wait to see the lobby for myself, and the looks on the faces of my family as they see the decorations.

One week to go - this is getting REAL now. Kook, I think I forgot to request being added to the log. We are staying Nov 26th-Dec 3. Thank you!!!
:cool1:

Will there be a Photographer in the lobby taking pictures by the tree? I know they have in the past. We wanted to get out picture made the evening we dine there.. can someone tell me this information..:scratchin

They have someone there to take your pictures with the tree.

WL is my favorite resort decorated for the holidays. Last year we got to WL around midnight - it was so empty, serene & just stunning. I must have spent an hour just wandering around, sitting in front of that beautiful fireplace, and taking it all in. One of those Disney moments I'll always remember!

17 more days for me!

Hearing that the tree is up and ready...well it just got even more exciting for me. See you in a little over a month beautiful tree

I've made a lot of progress with the revised 2014 thread. I hope to have it up by tomorrow.​

Wow.. you are putting me to shame. We have 3.5 weeks to go and I just started thinking about making a packing list on the weekend:rotfl:. However, I said to one of the kids tonight "We only have 3 more weekends until Disney!" and then quickly realized that is NOT a lot of time. There's no time for extra things during the week with work/school/homework/practices/lessons etc. So that's 3 weekends to finish the Christmas shopping and wrap it all, decorate, make the packing lists, PACK, and do the 1000 things that need to be done on weekends. :rolleyes1

I have a feeling I'll be standing in the lobby of the Lodge before I know it::yes::
Now you've got me panicky:hourglass. I feel lately I haven't had the time to think about vacation prep and we leave in about a month:scared:. After I get the new thread up, it's list making time::yes::

The tree is up! Went up overnight. Stunning as usual!!
:thumbsup2

Woo-hoo! Thanks for letting us know. I cant wait to see the lobby for myself, and the looks on the faces of my family as they see the decorations.

One week to go - this is getting REAL now. Kook, I think I forgot to request being added to the log. We are staying Nov 26th-Dec 3. Thank you!!!
:cool1:
I'll add you and it is VERY real - less than one week for you. Where are you dining for Thanksgiving?

WL is my favorite resort decorated for the holidays. Last year we got to WL around midnight - it was so empty, serene & just stunning. I must have spent an hour just wandering around, sitting in front of that beautiful fireplace, and taking it all in. One of those Disney moments I'll always remember!

17 more days for me!
I LOVE the lobby when no one else is in there…and anywhere else at WDW for that matter:worship:. The hustle and bustle is nice, too. I love seeing kids and adults look up in amazement and it's so cute when kids rub Humphrey's nose or play on the bridge. But, I love it early in the morning when I sometimes have the WL/VWL lobby all to myself…

Yay!!! Just over a week for me and with work the way it is, I just can't wait!
:yay:

Hearing that the tree is up and ready...well it just got even more exciting for me. See you in a little over a month beautiful tree
It'll be waiting for you!

10 more days for us!!!! Super excited!!
Have you packed yet?

I'll add you and it is VERY real - less than one week for you. Where are you dining for Thanksgiving?
Thanks Kook! As Thanksgiving will be our "Animal Kingdom" day (most recommended park on what is sure to be a CRAZY crowd day) we grabbed an ADR for Thanksgiving lunch at Sanaa. That was the first thing I did when the 180-day mark opened because I was warned turkey day ADRs go fast.

Thanksgiving with the zebras and giraffes, just like the pilgrims intended! :p

So excited for our trip! 17 days to go! Just realized -- I don't think I ever made my room request. Not too late, I hope. Last time we lucked into a bear-face room and loved it. Looked out over the pool, saw the water parade, and then everytime we walked out of our room, we had that gorgeous Christmas tree right in front of our noses!

This will be our first trip without a dining plan. Debating whether or not to order groceries, or just make do with what I can find at Roaring Forks or in the store for breakfast. Also, debating to call and find out how much it would cost to upgrade to CL.... :scratchin

10 more days for us too! Looks like there will be a lot of us there that first week of December! We are so excited - work has been absolutely terrible these last few months and I really need to get away from it and let someone else worry about it for awhile.

16 days for me and my family - I just read the last 2 pages and I got butterflies in my tummy :goodvibes we have never been and I have been planning this for 1 year and it is almost here :cheer2: My son is doing a chain-link count down, he/we have decorated all of our mousekkeeping envelopes, I have my goody box almost ready to ship....now packing...this may be the tough part considering I live in Nebraska and have never experienced Florida weather :scratchin - I so can not wait!
Thank you all for your help and experience....very much appreciated!:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter