Closing Time!!

I called about 10 days after the deed was posted to the orange county comptroller's website and they gave me my membership number and login code. I was able to see the points a few days later.
My deed was posted yesterday morning at 9:16 am at Orange County Comptroller's. I'll wait 7 days before I start calling . That's the best I can do:teeth:.

My deed was posted yesterday morning at 9:16 am at Orange County Comptroller's. I'll wait 7 days before I start calling . That's the best I can do:teeth:.
It might be in their system, but it took until 10 days after it posted to show up in their system for me.

Drat, our SSR partner in crime is looking for points online and we haven't even gotten our closing docs yet! What gives, Disney?

(Happy for you though, Preacherroe!)

ROFR Monkey's cousin, Estoppel Sloth. :surfweb:

Drat, our SSR partner in crime is looking for points online and we haven't even gotten our closing docs yet! What gives, Disney?

(Happy for you though, Preacherroe!)

ROFR Monkey's cousin, Estoppel Sloth. :surfweb:

My Estoppel was done in 9 days (at least that's when my Title & Escrow company emailed closing docs to me and seller, which we both promptly returned).
So the log jam might be with a title & escrow sluggard.

My Estoppel was done in 9 days (at least that's when my Title & Escrow company emailed closing docs to me and seller, which we both promptly returned).
So the log jam might be with a title & escrow sluggard.

Yes I think Disney has been moving at a good pace with estoppel.

My contracts passed on 8/14 and 8/21, and I received closing documents for both on 8/25 (Saturday morning). Unfortunately I've then had to chase the closing agent to correct mistakes in both closing docs. Just received the corrected version now. Meanwhile, neither seller has returned their documents.

Every step of the process seems to be designed to encourage us to buy direct. :sad2:

We officially closed today, 8/31. We received our closing documents 8/28, so was pleasantly surprised at the quick turn around with the sellers. It took just a week after passing ROFR to receive our closing docs. Now waiting for our membership number from Disney

Waiting for sellers to return closing documents, today is day 10 after receiving them (which our paperwork stated it needed to be returned by). Emailed CC on Wednesday to see if they had heard from seller, said they would contact them on day 10. I inquired about canceling without penalty after day 10, they got a status update same day. Seller said they would return tomorrow, day 11, hopefully that happens...not getting warm fuzzies! Bought resale on previous occasions, never had sellers take so long to return. Hopefully just a small delay, I don’t want to start over!

Waiting for sellers to return closing documents, today is day 10 after receiving them (which our paperwork stated it needed to be returned by). Emailed CC on Wednesday to see if they had heard from seller, said they would contact them on day 10. I inquired about canceling without penalty after day 10, they got a status update same day. Seller said they would return tomorrow, day 11, hopefully that happens...not getting warm fuzzies! Bought resale on previous occasions, never had sellers take so long to return. Hopefully just a small delay, I don’t want to start over!

As someone who was recently a seller for the first time, it did enlighten me on a few things. Sellers have a lot more paperwork to get through. We also had to have docs notarized and witnessed. In my previous job, this was no issue. Now, we had to go to the bank and bring our own witnesses that were 18+ and not relatives. Kind of a pain and a tall order. We did it pretty quickly, but it was still a lot more work than signing some docs and getting a check, believe me. And I need to point out that I have shamed many sellers for slow returns. Also, if your sellers are older, they may just take longer to do everything. You did the right thing reaching out to see what was going on. I hope they do turn everything in soon for you. :)

:rolleyes1
As someone who was recently a seller for the first time, it did enlighten me on a few things. Sellers have a lot more paperwork to get through. We also had to have docs notarized and witnessed. In my previous job, this was no issue. Now, we had to go to the bank and bring our own witnesses that were 18+ and not relatives. Kind of a pain and a tall order. We did it pretty quickly, but it was still a lot more work than signing some docs and getting a check, believe me. And I need to point out that I have shamed many sellers for slow returns. Also, if your sellers are older, they may just take longer to do everything. You did the right thing reaching out to see what was going on. I hope they do turn everything in soon for you. :)
Thank you, I understand...I have sold previously too...but we too had to have our paperwork notarized this sale as well (Hawaii requirement). But I’m sure I am in more of a hurry than they are :rolleyes1 Patience is hard with DVC resale.

Thanks for sharing TexasChick. I hope that's what my sellers are doing. ROFR is nothing, I start stressing AFTER passing ROFR! I've had two previous sellers take a long time, with one contract failing to close in the end.

Thanks for sharing TexasChick. I hope that's what my sellers are doing. ROFR is nothing, I start stressing AFTER passing ROFR! I've had two previous sellers take a long time, with one contract failing to close in the end.
I don’t stop stressing until points are loaded! That sellers backing out is always a concern I have.

Home: SSR
Broker: DVCResaleMarket
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer Made/Accepted: 7/20/18
Passed ROFR: 8/13/18
Closing Docs Received:
Closing Docs Returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract visible:
Points in my account:
Vacation booked:

We know we're just getting close to the normal period to hear back, but all of this waiting takes a toll!

Our rep at *** said it can take up to 3 weeks for estoppel. We are going to be at 22 days coming out of Labor Day weekend...

Our rep at *** said it can take up to 3 weeks for estoppel. We are going to be at 22 days coming out of Labor Day weekend...

There are just so many stages of waiting. We got lucky with estoppel (one week), but our closing company seems to be the slowest at preparing closing docs. Fingers crossed both of us get to move forward next week.

I called yesterday, one week after the deed was posted online. Even though I pressed 2 for member admin, the rep asked where to transfer me and I said member admin. She asked for my membership number and I explained that I closed the prior week and was calling for my number. She said MA won’t talk to you without your number and I should get it from the title company.

I know I was calling early anyway, but was she misinformed? Should I reach out to the title company or call again after the holiday and hope for a better informed rep?

Thanks.

I called yesterday, one week after the deed was posted online. Even though I pressed 2 for member admin, the rep asked where to transfer me and I said member admin. She asked for my membership number and I explained that I closed the prior week and was calling for my number. She said MA won’t talk to you without your number and I should get it from the title company.

I know I was calling early anyway, but was she misinformed? Should I reach out to the title company or call again after the holiday and hope for a better informed rep?

Thanks.

If you give Member admin the contract number and the seller's names (found in your closing documents or look them up on occ) they should be able to check the membership number for you.

If you give Member admin the contract number and the seller's names (found in your closing documents or look them up on occ) they should be able to check the membership number for you.
The guy I bought it from is a semi-professional DVC flipper, so his name on occ reads like an encyclopedia. The number isn’t on the deed but fortunately I found it in the initial paperwork!

Thanks for the response, very helpful!

Broker: dvcsales
Title Company: First American
Offer Made/Accepted: 8/2/18
Passed ROFR: 8/21/18
Closing Docs Received: 9/4/18
Closing Docs Returned: 9/4/18
Closing: tbd
Points In My Account: tbd

Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 8/12
Offer accepted: 8/12
Sent to ROFR: 8/13
Passed ROFR: 9/4
Closing docs received: tbd
Closing docs returned: tbd
Seller returned closing doc: tbd
Closing: tbd
Deed recorded: tbd
Points in my account: tbd

Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Co: Mason Title and Escrow
Offer Made: 7/20/18
Offer Accepted: 7/20/18
Sent to ROFR: 7/24/18
Passed ROFR: 8/14/18
Closing Docs Received: 8/23/18
Closing Docs Returned: 8/24/18
Seller Sent Closing Docs: 8/24/18
Closed: 8/27/18 (my birthday :bday:)
Deed Recorded: 8/28/18
Membership # Received: 9/4/18
Points in Acct: 9/5/18

First DVC Reservation made: 9/5/18 (about 10 mins after receiving Activation Code # and seeing points in account :smooth:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter