Closing Time!!

Does this mean once my deed shows up on the website I can call Disney with my contract number and get a member account set up?

You have to wait for Disney to transfer it over in their system... mine was about 10 days from posting on the website to Disney setting up my member number.

You have to wait for Disney to transfer it over in their system... mine was about 10 days from posting on the website to Disney setting up my member number.
So they set it up and then they send out an email? Sorry I didn’t want to jinx it so I didn’t look into this part of the process too much before putting in an offer!

Does this mean once my deed shows up on the website I can call Disney with my contract number and get a member account set up?
I just called closing was yesterday and still not in their system. However, the girl (Ebony) was very willing to help me. She searched by contract and by my name. I think had the information hit their system she would have given me the member id. After she searched, she asked another coworker for the process in resale ( to be able to tell me whether the member # would come via email or mail). Which they told her I have to wait for mail yet I think as long as you get someone who is willing to search and the info transferred; they will help you.

I just called closing was yesterday and still not in their system. However, the girl (Ebony) was very willing to help me. She searched by contract and by my name. I think had the information hit their system she would have given me the member id. After she searched, she asked another coworker for the process in resale ( to be able to tell me whether the member # would come via email or mail). Which they told her I have to wait for mail yet I think as long as you get someone who is willing to search and the info transferred; they will help you.
That’s great to hear, thanks. I’ll wait a few days and then try to call. I’m really hoping points are loaded before the 7 month window opens for late Feb. There are 150 that must be used by April.

So they set it up and then they send out an email? Sorry I didn’t want to jinx it so I didn’t look into this part of the process too much before putting in an offer!

Yes they set it up then that afternoon I got an email with a one time activation quote. At that point I called and got my member number.

For me, the longest part of the process has been waiting on Disney to record my contract, assign me a member number, and load my points into the website. It seems like it’s been taking forever!
It’s been the longest step in the whole process for me. It took 16 days following closing/deed recording for Disney to add the contract to my account. It has been another 10 days and the points still are not there! It only took 31 days from offer to closing.

Home: Boardwalk
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title company: Jeffrey Sweets
Offer made: 5/19
Offer accepted: 5/20
Contract received and returned: 5/21
Sent to ROFR: 5/22
Passed ROFR: 6/12
Closing docs received: 6/12
Buyers closing docs returned: 6/13
Funds received: 6/13
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/17
Closing: 6/18
Deed on site: 6/19
Received Onetime Activation Code: ?
Received Welcome Letter: ?
Contract Visible on member site: ?
Points in my account: ?

It’s been the longest step in the whole process for me. It took 16 days following closing/deed recording for Disney to add the contract to my account. It has been another 10 days and the points still are not there! It only took 31 days from offer to closing.

Wow I'm shocked you still haven't had anything yet. Hopefully you will today.

Already own direct OKW & VGF

Home: VGF
Broker: Fidelity (Shawn Ray)
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 2/12/19
Offer accepted: 2/13/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/21/19
Passed ROFR: 3/6/19
Closing docs received: 3/26/19
Closing docs returned: 4/14/19 (there were errors....had wrong UY!)
Funds sent: 4/14/19
Seller signed closing docs: 6/10/19 (GEEZUS MARY & JOSEPH!!)
Closing: 6/17/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 6/18/19
Received Onetime Activation Code:?
Contract Visible on member site: ?
Points in my account: ?

Two and a half months for seller documents....I am so peeved 😠😡🤬

There are 33 points that expire 7/31/19....hoping I'll be able to book a late July weekend still if I EVER see these points. Hopefully when Disney loads them, they will bank them for me but as of now, can still book a July weekend at SSR or AKV
Man! That is ridiculous. I'd be pretty peeved too! What was your original closing date supposed to be?

Home: PVB
Broker: Resales DVC
Title company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 5/5/19
Offer accepted: 5/5/19
Sent to ROFR: 5/5/19
Passed ROFR: 5/21/19
Closing docs received: 5/28/19
Buyers closing docs returned: 5/30/19
Funds Sent: 5/30/19
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/3/2019
Closing: 6/4/2019
Deed on site: 6/5/2019
One Time Activation Code: 6/14/2019
Contract visible on member site: 6/14/2019
Welcome letter: ???
Points in account: ???

I received my Activation Code this afternoon via email - I called member administration and they gave me my member number. I was then able to log on for the first time...this is exciting! Now we wait for the points to be loaded...we want to book a March 2020 trip and rent out the extra points that expire Feb 2020 ASAP.

I'm in the same boat. I also have 150 points expiring Feb 2020. Want to book a couple nights in July (don't care where) and I currently was able to add a waitlist for 2 nights in September Epcot resorts. Once I have my points, I'll book 2 nights if available at Animal Kingdom as a backup for my waitlists which are not likely to come through. Then I plan on renting any 2019 expiring points and bank some extra. This contract was loaded. I HATE waiting for Disney to load the points. Someone call them and tell them to hurry up! :snail:

I'm in the same boat. I also have 150 points expiring Feb 2020. Want to book a couple nights in July (don't care where) and I currently was able to add a waitlist for 2 nights in September Epcot resorts. Once I have my points, I'll book 2 nights if available at Animal Kingdom as a backup for my waitlists which are not likely to come through. Then I plan on renting any 2019 expiring points and bank some extra. This contract was loaded. I HATE waiting for Disney to load the points. Someone call them and tell them to hurry up! :snail:
I've got 150 points expiring in April. I'd really like to try to stay at the Boardwalk for a short trip in late Feb, which I know will be tough but with the contract being fully loaded I have enough points to play around with dates, views and room type. I'd love to try to set something up prior to the 7 month window hitting...... I know, its all very wishful thinking.......

Wow I'm shocked you still haven't had anything yet. Hopefully you will today.

Of course, right after complaining here, my points loaded! I was able to bank the 2018 points and I applied the banked 2017 points to an existing reservation. Heavy sigh of relief!

Home: BWV
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 4/23/19
Offer accepted: 4/23/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/23/19
Passed ROFR: 5/13/19
Closing docs received: 5/16/19
Closing docs returned:5/22/19
Funds sent:5/22/19
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 5/24/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 5/24/19
Contract Visible on member site: 6/09/19
Points in my account: 6/19/19

Of course, right after complaining here, my points loaded! I was able to bank the 2018 points and I applied the banked 2017 points to an existing reservation. Heavy sigh of relief!

Home: BWV
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 4/23/19
Offer accepted: 4/23/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/23/19
Passed ROFR: 5/13/19
Closing docs received: 5/16/19
Closing docs returned:5/22/19
Funds sent:5/22/19
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 5/24/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 5/24/19
Contract Visible on member site: 6/09/19
Points in my account: 6/19/19

Yay glad you managed to get it sorted finally! Hopefully mine will appear soon.

Man! That is ridiculous. I'd be pretty peeved too! What was your original closing date supposed to be?
No later than 75 days is what the contract says so early May? Ugh. The contract advertised in February with these 33 points was a nice bonus, but they have mostly screwed me out of using them. I was originally going I could use them in my May trip to add a day or two at WDW or Vero even.

Yay glad you managed to get it sorted finally! Hopefully mine will appear soon.

I'm also waiting for points to appear. I called Member Admin earlier to see if I could learn anything, and was told that points should appear 7 to 10 business days after the contract is entered in to the system. The entry date for my contract was June 11 (I got the one-time activation code email on June 10), so I'm expecting the points to show up sometime between tomorrow and Tuesday.

Last edited:
I'm also waiting for points to appear. I called Member Admin earlier to see if I could learn anything, and was told that points should appear 7 to 10 business days after the contract is entered in to the system. The entry date for my contract was June 11 (I got the one-time activation code email on June 10), so I'm expecting the points to show up sometime between tomorrow and Tuesday.
The code comes from Disney his mail or email? I’m a first time resale buyer

The code comes from Disney his mail or email? I’m a first time resale buyer

The one-time activation code comes in an email. After that you will get a letter in the mail that will have a membership number. With that number, you can call Member Administration to get your Club ID number, which you will use along with the one-time authentication code to create your "My DVC" account.

After that you will get a letter in the mail that will have a membership number.
It has been over 2 weeks since my deed was recorded in OC, and I never got that letter. I got the email and I had to call for my member number. I’ve seen reports that other people never got a letter, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter