Closing docs received: 05/11/2020
Closing docs returned: 05/18/2020
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 05/26/2020
Deed recorded: 05/29/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 6/29/2020
Points in account: 07/11/2020

Now begins the likely 1 month wait to get my points 🤦🏻‍♂️

updated above. Done finally! More than 90 days start to finish. DVC really dragged their feet and I had to email and call multiple times to get contract uploaded and points posted. But now I can book my first DVC vacation!

Home: Copper Creek
Broker: DVC Shop
Title Company: TRCS, Inc.
Offer made: 4/19/20
Offer accepted: 4/19/20
Sent to ROFR: 4/21/20
Passed ROFR: 6/10/20
Closing docs received: 6/16/20
Closing docs returned: 6/16/20
Seller returned closing docs: 6/26/20
Closing: 6/29/20?
Deed recorded: 7/06/20

Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Peace of mind! 40 days from OC recording the deed to the contract showing up in my account, which seems to be the current normal (hopefully not the new normal). My two previous resales both took seven days, so they are definitely swamped with work at the moment. Points should appear next week and then the fun begins.

I’m a little puzzled why the process on the DVC side is so delayed. Presumably all of the employees are paid via member dues? Those are still being collected. Can the employees not work from home?

I’m a little puzzled why the process on the DVC side is so delayed. Presumably all of the employees are paid via member dues? Those are still being collected. Can the employees not work from home?
Theoretically they probably could but it could be a matter of logistics (computers at home, access to work systems, ensuring proper security and training, etc) All that costs $ and thats money that isn't necessary to spend right now, especially when delays with resale only further show a major benefit of buying direct.

Home: Villa Grand Floridian
Broker: DVC Resale
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer made: 5/1/20
Offer accepted: 5/1/20
Sent to ROFR: 5/5/20
Passed ROFR: 6/17/20
Closing docs received: 6/22/20 (late day)
Closing docs returned: 6/23/20
Seller returned closing docs: 6/26/20??
Closing: 6/26/20
Deed recorded: 6/26/20
Points in account:

Seller returned closing docs today, but after business hours. I put in my wire transfer request, so it likely won't be received till then and then we finally close. Then, it's just the loooooong wait for points to appear....

Home: Saratoga Springs Resort (SSR)
Broker: Buy & Sell DVC
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 05/08/2020
Offer accepted: 05/08/2020
Sent to ROFR: 05/11/2020
Passed ROFR: 06/18/2020
Closing docs received: 7/8/2020 (late evening)
Closing docs returned: 7/9/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 7/14/2020
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 67 days and counting...
offer to ROFR: 41 days
ROFR passing to Closing: 26 days and counting...
Closing to Points in Account:

Seller returned closing docs today, but after business hours. I put in my wire transfer request, so it likely won't be received till then and then we finally close. Then, it's just the loooooong wait for points to appear....

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 67 days and counting...
ROFR passing to Closing: 26 days and counting...
I see what you mean. This estoppel is just an excuse for certain closing companies to be slow. How can I pass ROFR on 6/16 and receive closing documents on 6/18 and close on 7/2 after it took seller 2 weeks to return closing documents??

Update my contract was sent to Disney today, hope it doesn’t take long.

Home: SSR (100)
Broker: BUY AND SELL DVC
Offer made: 05/27/2020
Offer accepted: 05/28/2020
Sent to ROFR: 06/01/2020
Passed ROFR: 7/14/2020
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

About 90% of the Disney staff handling resales were furloughed while Disney was closed. That's why it is taking so long. They did not all work from home.

Has anyone passed ROFR on or around 6/16 and are working with First American? If so- have you received your closing docs or had any communication?

We passed ROFR over 4 weeks ago and have not heard anything since then. Can't get ahold of our broker (Fidelity) or get a response from First American 😞

Has anyone passed ROFR on or around 6/16 and are working with First American? If so- have you received your closing docs or had any communication?

We passed ROFR over 4 weeks ago and have not heard anything since then. Can't get ahold of our broker (Fidelity) or get a response from First American 😞

I don't fall into any of those categories, but I will say that my broker told us that Disney is being very slow with Estoppel so that could be it?

We passed ROFR May 28th and closed on June 17th, so that wait does seem excessive. Our broker was also Fidelity and Title Company was First American. We are still waiting for our DVC membership to be active and then of course there's another wait for the actual points.

Closing: 7/15/2020
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 68 days and counting...
ROFR passing to Closing: 27 days
Closing to Points in Account: 0 days and counting...
And closed.

I don't fall into any of those categories, but I will say that my broker told us that Disney is being very slow with Estoppel so that could be it?
I passed ROFR on 6/16 and received closing documents on 6/18 and closed on 7/2 after seller took 2 weeks to return. I am becoming more convinced that Estoppel is more of an excuse that some closing companies use for being slow.

I passed 6/8 and just received closing papers today. Not too happy about it taking so long

Home: Copper Creek (CCV) -- Resale Contract #2, since I have another in ROFR from 6/2
Offer made: 07/14/2020
Offer accepted: 07/15/2020
Sent to ROFR: 07/15/2020
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 1 days and counting...
offer to ROFR:
ROFR passing to Closing:

Last edited:
Home: AKL
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/30/2020
Offer accepted: 7/1/2020
Sent to ROFR: 7/2/2020
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

I passed 6/8 and just received closing papers today. Not too happy about it taking so long
I hear you. I passed ROFR on my SSR contract on 6/18, and finally closed on 7/15 (and submitted to ROFR on 5/11). Now I still need to wait for deed recording, contract to appear, and points to be loaded...

Deed appearing happened fast! Same day as closing.
...On to the final two steps!

Closing: 7/15/2020
Deed recorded: 7/15/2020
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 69 days and counting...
ROFR passing to Closing: 27 days
Closing to Points in Account: 1 day and counting...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter