Closing Time!!

I talked to member admin today on the phone and they stated there's only a few people working and they are a around 4 week behind for current DVC members adding resale and 6-8 weeks behind for non-DVC members adding resale...so for me I'm looking for points in my account right around the end of this month.
I'm 18 days passed ROFR passing on my SSR resale, but I'm still waiting for closing docs. So this sounds like I have ~4 weeks once I finally closed to get the contract added, then another 2-3 weeks for points to appear? ....oooof, the resale process has gotten so slow. Hopefully with the parks opening up soon, there will be more people brought into DVC again?

Home: Copper Creek Villas
Broker: The DVC Store
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer Made: 5/4
Offer Accepted: 5/6
Sent to ROFR: 5/8
Passed ROFR: 6/18
Closed docs received: 6/7
Closed docs returned: 6/7
Seller returned doc:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in Account:

Would this mean that you need to wait 6-8 weeks to see the points after the deed is recorded, or is the 6-8 weeks referring tom something else? I see a lot of posts here where people have a deed recorded but are still waiting for points.

Does anyone have a good estimate of how long it takes for one to have points in their account after buyer and seller send closing docs.

Home: AKV
Broker: Resales DVC
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer made: 3/5/2020
Offer accepted: 3/5/2020
Sent to ROFR: 3/6/2020
Passed ROFR: 3/25/2020
Closing docs received: 5/4/2020
Closing docs returned: 5/4/2020
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 5/22/2020 (delayed closing)
Deed recorded: 5/22/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 6/25/2020
Points in account: 7/7/2020

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Finally! Feels like the end to a very long saga!

I
Home: AKV
Broker: Resales DVC
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer made: 3/5/2020
Offer accepted: 3/5/2020
Sent to ROFR: 3/6/2020
Passed ROFR: 3/25/2020
Closing docs received: 5/4/2020
Closing docs returned: 5/4/2020
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 5/22/2020 (delayed closing)
Deed recorded: 5/22/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 6/25/2020
Points in account: 7/7/2020

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Finally! Feels like the end to a very long saga!
has it really been 4 months!?!? Crazy!

I don't know all my dates, but closed 5/20, got the first email about the transfer on the 1st of July. But I never received the activation code email (new member), member services can't find my membership (I've been calling once a day for the past week), and member administration won't answer my emails. Any ideas about how to fix this problem? Or do I just keep waiting and calling and waiting.

Home: BWV
Broker: DVC Resale
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer Made: 4/25/2020
Offer Accepted: 4/25/2020
Sent to ROFR: 4/28/2020
Passed ROFR: 5/28/20
Closing Docs received: 6/11/20
Closing Docs Returned: 6/19/20
(Funds received 6/29/20)
Seller Returned Closing docs: 6/22/20
Closing: 7/7/2020
Deed Recorded: 7/7/2020
Points in Account:

I missed an email that needed a new signature due to numbers being wrong on 7/1/20 and sent it back on 7/5/20. I also didn’t send funds until after the seller sent back closing docs. Seems like it went quick to me because I haven’t been checking everyday, and now don’t know how to check for the deed recording lol ETA: thanks for the help! Recorded 7/7/20

Last edited:
Six-Eight weeks after closing to get points into the system is not good!! Dang! I hope they can speed that up. Now I’m beginning to worry that the points I’ve got in ROFR right now are not going to be useful for my travel plans with limited availability being projected. I think booking right at 11 months is going to be even more important than normal, and I just bought an Aug UY. :headache:

don’t know how to check for the deed recording lol

You can search on the OC Comptroller website. If you have a somewhat common last name, go to the second row and type your name (last first) in the "Grantee" box (and my apologies to the mods if this site is blocked -- this is my first time posting a link and I am not trying to break any rules!):

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp

You can search on the OC Comptroller website. If you have a somewhat common last name, go to the second row and type your name (last first) in the "Grantee" box (and my apologies to the mods if this site is blocked -- this is my first time posting a link and I am not trying to break any rules!):

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp

Thank you! Looks like it was recorded yesterday!

Home: AKL
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Mason
Offer Made: 5/24/2020
Offer Accepted: 5/25/2020
Sent to ROFR: 5/27/2020
Passed ROFR: 7/8/2020
Closing Docs received:
Closing Docs Returned:
Seller Returned Closing docs:
Closing:
Deed Recorded:
Points in Account:

I don't know all my dates, but closed 5/20, got the first email about the transfer on the 1st of July. But I never received the activation code email (new member), member services can't find my membership (I've been calling once a day for the past week), and member administration won't answer my emails. Any ideas about how to fix this problem? Or do I just keep waiting and calling and waiting.

When I called, I was told that email is the best way as that department was still only working remotely so I couldn't be transferred via phone to someone to give me my membership ID. I was told to include the contract # and names of the sellers, and within a week I received a reply with my membership ID, and confirming the resale transfer, but that points would take another 2 - 3 weeks to load. Maybe you are missing some of the information when you email, and that's why you haven't been getting responses? I did this both when we were new owners buying resale, and again when I bought another resale contract.

Also, it's a long a$$ email: wdw.dvc.member.administration@email.disney.com. Is this the one you have been using?

Out of interest as an existing DVC member, if you buy re-sale do you still get a 'welcome email'?
Or is the new contract and points just added to your existing account?

Out of interest as an existing DVC member, if you buy re-sale do you still get a 'welcome email'?
Or is the new contract and points just added to your existing account?

I've added several resale contracts in the past and never received an email. The contract and points just showed up in my online account. Always the same UY and membership number.

This is probably a really silly question, but how do you *know* it's been sent to ROFR? When your deposit is taken?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter