Closing Time!!

Really ?
I found a lot more than 8 deeds for Riviera with Disney as the Grantee :
(And this was all screen-shotted from just 1 page in July 2020, I redacted Grantor Names and other resorts listed)
View attachment 539272
View attachment 539274

Those are "Mortgage" NOT Deeds. They are Short Form Mortgage Agreements which are used when financing through Disney. You will most likely find a Deed on the exact date but the Grantee and Grantor are switched (Disney being the Grantor in this case).

I know this because I had FOMO and purchased (financed through Disney) 100 direct at BLT in October. On that date (with the exact same time stamp) are two recorded documents: the Deed where I am the Grantee and the Mortgage (short form mortgage agreement) where I am the Grantor.

Last edited:
We passed ROFR on 10/30 and the broker hasn't received the estoppel paperwork yet but I see people who passed around the same time have had their closing paperwork at least a week ago. What causes these delays in DVC releasing them anyone know?
In my experience: if I use Mason, I get it less than a week later. If I use anyone else as a Title company, it takes fooorrreeeevvveeeerrrrr.... (saying this as I wate for VGC closing docs which passed on 10/30).

In my experience: if I use Mason, I get it less than a week later. If I use anyone else as a Title company, it takes fooorrreeeevvveeeerrrrr.... (saying this as I wate for VGC closing docs which passed on 10/30).
Girl, you and me both. Tee hee. We passed on 11/7 so about a week behind you.
"Me.... and my shadow... strolling down the avenue"
Who was your title company? Let us know when you get any steps post passing - may mean similar in my future - tee hee.
I'm just anticipating all the parts that will happen around Thanksgiving / Christmas and New Years to slow things down :-).
I'll know to at least request Mason next time. Wait did I say next time? Eeek! haha
XO

We are using Mason for this purchase, passed ROFR 10/30 closing docs received today 4pm.

Those are "Mortgage" NOT Deeds. They are Short Form Mortgage Agreements which are used when financing through Disney. You will most likely find a Deed on the exact date but the Grantee and Grantor are switched (Disney being the Grantor in this case).

I know this because I had FOMO and purchased (financed through Disney) 100 direct at BLT in October. On that date (with the exact same time stamp) are two recorded documents: the Deed where I am the Grantee and the Mortgage (short form mortgage agreement) where I am the Grantor.
Got it!
Thanks for the explanation:thanks:

I am still waiting for an email from DVC and my points to be loaded. I have emailed administrative services and called member services twice. No response from AS and MS says they can't help at all. The woman I spoke with this week said that I need to be patient and that it can take them up to 4 months to load the points after the deed is recorded. I hope she was exaggerating. The deed was filed on 10/16. :oops:

Update for the group: our deed was recorded 10/29 and we’re new DVC owners. Now that 3 week has passed and I’ve still heard nothing I called and was pushy yesterday with anyone that would answer the phone. I was told that they’re very backed up and that it could take another week or two to issue me a member ID. 😭

I am at Disney though right now (unrelated stay had booked before purchasing resale) and visited a few of the DVC preview centers and people are there ready to sell new. I did ask each of those cast members if they could give me a member I’d number and they also said you have to talk to member administration. But they did give me a complimentary Rivera picture. LOL

I am guessing this team must be one person working from home. That booking window clock just keeps ticking LOL 😢

I am still waiting for an email from DVC and my points to be loaded. I have emailed administrative services and called member services twice. No response from AS and MS says they can't help at all. The woman I spoke with this week said that I need to be patient and that it can take them up to 4 months to load the points after the deed is recorded. I hope she was exaggerating. The deed was filed on 10/16. :oops:

Wow you’re a few weeks ahead of me. This is not giving me hope. I feel like this is a bit unfair. I own a deed and they’re directly prohibiting us from booking. They mentioned the layoffs put a strain on this process but doesn’t maintenance fees pay for administrative services? I paid my fees already for 2020.

Last edited:
I'm an optimist but I don't think you'll have to wait that much longer...and 4 months is an exaggeration IMO.

Update for the group: our deed was recorded 10/29 and we’re new DVC owners. Now that 3 week has passed and I’ve still heard nothing I called and was pushy yesterday with anyone that would answer the phone. I was told that they’re very backed up and that it could take another week or two to issue me a member ID. 😭

I am at Disney though right now (unrelated stay had booked before purchasing resale) and visited a few of the DVC preview centers and people are there ready to sell new. I did ask each of those cast members if they could give me a member I’d number and they also said you have to talk to member administration. But they did give me a complimentary Rivera picture. LOL

I am guessing this team must be one person working from home. That booking window clock just keeps ticking LOL 😢

Last I heard it was just a few people who were working in that department. There are still many divisions with not only furloughs but layoffs too.

Im sorry it is taking long. Mine took 5 weeks in the summer and Longer for points.

Last I heard it was just a few people who were working in that department. There are still many divisions with not only furloughs but layoffs too.

Im sorry it is taking long. Mine took 5 weeks in the summer and Longer for points.
Somebody else asked this already, but are MA employees paid out of member dues, or by Disney?

If paid out of dues, I’m not sure why they would be furloughed or laid off to save cost. Their work is still needed, and the dues for the year were already pre-paid.

Sharing my recent experience for first-timers...

Our first and only resale contract recorded 10/22 and we got our e-mails from administration 11/10 (19 days). DH and I immediately set up our accounts, and we were given the option to schedule a Welcome Home call...which we did. The earliest call we could get was for a week away (11/17). Meantime, I kept checking for the points...they weren't there.

During our Welcome Home call, I asked the agent (who noted unpromted that we didn't have any points) if she could check the status of our points for us. She put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and asked if were were ready to make a reservation today. I told the truth, no we didn't need to make a reservation at this time, and she put me on hold again to tell them my answer. She came back and reminded me that my welcome letter stated it would take 10 days to 2 weeks for points to load. I am certain that if I had said yes I need my points to make a reservation, those points would have become available! As of today, 11/20, still no points. We are not worried because we don't know when we will be comfortable travelling, but for those anxious for points, schedule a welcome home call.

We can't schedule a Welcome Home Call until they send us the information. This is our second contract and the first one went much quicker.

Now just waiting for points to load :)

Home: Animal Kingdom
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 9/6/2020
Offer accepted: 9/6/2020
Sent to ROFR: 9/8/2020
Passed ROFR: 10/22/2020
Closing docs received:10/28/2020
Closing docs returned:10/29/2020
Sellers closing docs returned:11/5/2020
Closing:11/6/2020
Deed recorded:11/9/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 11/19/2020
Points in account:

It seems as if the time frame for getting points is still about the same but they switched it all around. We used to wait much longer for ROFR then membership and points were a week or 2 each. Now ROFR is coming faster but the membership and points are taking much longer.

Disney always has to keep us on our toes!

Somebody else asked this already, but are MA employees paid out of member dues, or by Disney?

If paid out of dues, I’m not sure why they would be furloughed or laid off to save cost. Their work is still needed, and the dues for the year were already pre-paid.

MA is part of DVD but from what I have been told some also work for DVCM...though the majority are DVD.

However, many if not all are employees of Disney so we have no say in furloughs, layoffs etc as we contract with them to provide the workers.

Someone else may have more specific but that is what was explained to me.

Getting there for me:
Home: Animal Kingdom
Broker: DVC Store
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 9/17/2020
Offer accepted: 9/17/2020
Sent to ROFR: 9/21/2020
Passed ROFR: 10/29/2020
Closing docs received:11/16/2020
Closing docs returned:11/16/2020
Sellers closing docs returned:11/??/2020
Closing is scheduled for :12/1/2020
Deed recorded:??
Contract Showing on Membership: ??
Points in account: ??

Girl, you and me both. Tee hee. We passed on 11/7 so about a week behind you.
"Me.... and my shadow... strolling down the avenue"
Who was your title company? Let us know when you get any steps post passing - may mean similar in my future - tee hee.
I'm just anticipating all the parts that will happen around Thanksgiving / Christmas and New Years to slow things down :-).
I'll know to at least request Mason next time. Wait did I say next time? Eeek! haha
XO
First American. It’s my miss - I was so eager to get this VGC and get that offer signed that I completely missed asking for Mason as the Title company. I only realized it when First American confirmed my deposit. Oh well. SOMEDAY I’ll get closing docs. Hopefully yours aren’t far behind!

.....interesting point, following for further discussion.......

Home: BLT
Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: Mason Title and Escrow Company
Offer made: 9/6/2020
Offer accepted: 9/7/2020
Sent to ROFR: 9/8/2020
Passed ROFR: 10/19/2020
Closing docs received: 10/22/2020
Closing docs returned: 10/23/2020
Sellers closing docs returned: 10/28/20
Closing: 11/03/20
Deed Recorded: 11/03/20
Contract showing on Membership: 11/14/20
Points in account: 11/20/20

We're all done :flower1:pixiedust:pixiedust::cheer2::cool1:
75 days in total!!!!
And did we just book our holiday in August - yes, yes we absolutely did lol. Come on vaccine 🤞🤞🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter