Closing docs received: 3/26
Buyers closing docs returned: 3/26 with cashiers check
Sellers closing docs returned: 4/12 —international seller
Closing: 4/16
Deed on site: ??
Contract visible on member site: ??
Points in account: ??
Welcome letter:??

Just got email from DVC, giving me a one-time activation code. But it also says I will need my club ID, which was supposedly included in my closing documents. I'm not sure what ID they are talking about. Any help?

Just got email from DVC, giving me a one-time activation code. But it also says I will need my club ID, which was supposedly included in my closing documents. I'm not sure what ID they are talking about. Any help?
Call member services, they can give you the rest of your login info.

Call member services, they can give you the rest of your login info.

Won't work. I've called twice and talked to two different people. Both said they needed my membership #, which I do not have. The only thing I have is the contract number I purchased (and the one-time activation code). Perhaps if Member Administration was open, they might be able to help, but they are not open on the weekend... :sad1:

So I guess I will have to wait until Monday, or maybe just try to be real patient to receive the DVC materials in the mail, which hopefully would be Monday or Tuesday...

Won't work. I've called twice and talked to two different people. Both said they needed my membership #, which I do not have. The only thing I have is the contract number I purchased (and the one-time activation code). Perhaps if Member Administration was open, they might be able to help, but they are not open on the weekend... :sad1:

So I guess I will have to wait until Monday, or maybe just try to be real patient to receive the DVC materials in the mail, which hopefully would be Monday or Tuesday...
Sorry that didn’t work. I guess that was what we did when we got our direct points, although our guide may have given us our member ID number, but we did end up having to call member services to get us logged in to the website. I just remember it being way more complicated than it should be.

If it helps, our member number is a 12 digit number, all numbers. Perhaps look in your documents for something like that, but honestly I don’t remember that being included on our closing docs for our resale. I have read people having success getting that info from MS before getting their welcome package from Disney. Maybe they stopped doing it, or some CM’s don’t do it while others might. Good luck, hopefully you can get in soon.

To get ours we spoke to member services and they were able to get my details using the previous owners contract no. We found this by looking up their name on the occompt site

UPDATE

Home: SSR
Broker: Resales DVC (Rachel Thompson/ Kevin ***** = Amazing)
Title Company: Jeffrey C Sweet (They were awesome and time efficient)
Offer made: 2/27/19
Offer accepted: 2/28/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/28/19
Passed ROFR: 3/12/19
Closing docs received: 3/17/19
Closing docs returned: 3/22/19
Seller returned closing docs: 4/03/19
Closing: 4/04/19
Deed recorded: 4/05/19
Contract Visible: 04/15/19
Member No. Received: 04/18/19
Points in my account: 04/20/19

Tried to make a reservation and it is saying I need to borrow from 2019. However, I see points there. I wonder what's wrong...

To get ours we spoke to member services and they were able to get my details using the previous owners contract no. We found this by looking up their name on the occompt site

You must have had better luck with whom you talked to because I mentioned to both MS people that I had the contract no., but they said the contract no. was of no use to them—needed membership no.

Update:

Home: Boulder Ridge @ Wilderness Lodge (150 points)
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/5/19
Offer accepted: 3/5/19
Contract received and returned: 3/6/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/13/19
Passed ROFR: 3/26/19
Closing docs received: 3/28/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/1/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: Somewhere between 4/3/19 and 4/5/19
Closing: 4/5/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/5/19
Contract Visible on member site: 4/22/19
Points in my account: TBD
Membership welcome letter and number: TBD

2nd contract update:

Home: The Villas at Grand Floridian (75 points)
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/24/19
Offer accepted: 3/24/19
Contract received and returned: 3/26/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/27/19
Passed ROFR: 4/5/19
Closing docs received: 4/12/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/15/19 & 4/18/19 (due to broker error)
Seller’s closing docs returned: 4/16/19
Closing: 4/18/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/19/19
Contract Visible on member site: TBD
Membership welcome letter and number: TBD

Finally getting close to the end :flower1:

Hey just a quick update. I received the email with my temporary password yesterday, April 18. I called today to receive my member number and Club ID (You will need the club id number to access the website). So, that was 13 days total. However, the point aren’t loaded into my account yet. THE AGONY. But, I’m super excited.
Thanks for your help! I ended up getting an email on Friday as well and called for the rest. Now if I could just get my points I will be golden!!!

Waiting for the seller to return docs is worse than ROFR. 12 days and counting since I returned mine.

Quick question, if you're already a member will it be any quicker for a 2nd contract to show up or is it still the 2 week waiting period after closing and deed being recorded?

Quick question, if you're already a member will it be any quicker for a 2nd contract to show up or is it still the 2 week waiting period after closing and deed being recorded?
Not sure if it goes quicker, but you won't have to call to get your account setup...

So when your new contract shows up in your account (before the actual points show up), where do you see it? Is it on your member dashboard--it just shows two different memberships there? Or somewhere else?

Thanks for your help! I ended up getting an email on Friday as well and called for the rest. Now if I could just get my points I will be golden!!!

My account was also set up Friday, and points have appeared in the last hour

How long after the deed was recorded did you call for set up? I know a lot of people have asked this but I couldn't find the post I remembered reading. Trying to figure out when it would be safe to start calling.

1st Update:
Home: Polynesian
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 3/1/19
Offer accepted: 3/1/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/5/19
Passed ROFR: 3/19/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned:
Seller’s closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded on OC site:
Contract Visible on member site:
Points in my account:

Final Update:
Home: Polynesian
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 3/1/19
Offer accepted: 3/1/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/5/19
Passed ROFR: 3/19/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/4/19 (received by title co.)
Seller’s closing docs returned: 4/5/19 (received by title co.)
Closing: 4/5/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/8/19
Contract Visible on member site: 4/20/19
Points in my account: 4/23/19

Not too bad... everything went smoothly from DVC Resale to Jeffrey Sweet to the seller to Disney. Can't wait to make our first reservation!!

Update:

Home: Animal Kingdom Villas
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/28/19
Offer accepted: 3/29/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/30/19
Passed ROFR: 4/13/19
Closing docs received: 4/17/19
Closing docs returned: 4/22/19
Funds sent: 4/22/19
Seller returned closing docs: 4/22/19
Closing: 4/23/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/23/19
Contract Visible on member site: TBD

Last edited:
So when your new contract shows up in your account (before the actual points show up), where do you see it? Is it on your member dashboard--it just shows two different memberships there? Or somewhere else?
Yes, it will appear as a new contract on your dashboard - I use the ‘manage points’ tab to see all my contracts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter