Home: AKV
Broker: DVC Sales (Timeshare Store).
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 4/30/19
Offer accepted: 4/30/19
Sent to ROFR: 5/1/19
Passed ROFR: 5/15/19
Closing docs received: 5/16/19
Closing docs returned:5/21/19(Fedex International arrived with Broker: 31/5/19)
Funds sent:5/23/19
Seller returned closing docs: 5/29/19 (maybe before informed they had these).
Closing: 6/25/19 (Planned Closing). 5/31/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 6/1/19
Received Onetime Activation Code: 6/12/19
Received Welcome Letter: 6/17/19
Contract Visible on member site: 6/13/19 (first time could check on ringing for numbers).
Points in my account: 6/20/19

Points had appeared when I woke up this morning so must have been done overnight. First welcome home trip!
Welcome Home! my contact visible 6/16 so hopefully only a few more days for me!

I crunched the numbers for direct on a few different resorts. No fancy accounting. I just took cost of contract (not accounting for interest if loan is involved or closing costs).

BCV is bold cause HOLY COW! CCV is a great value but although I LOVE the look of the resort and the rooms there, I thought the pool was way too small and I did not have the best experience with boat service there. I can't imagine that has improved with the additional units they added with CCV. I think AKV makes for a great direct contract. It is an awesome resort to stay at and even if you don't get a Savannah view, there are so many places to watch the animals, and programs for the kiddos (and adults) to learn more. So when we buy direct, I'm strongly leading toward AKV. Regardless, my numbers are as follows.

AKV$ 13,200
38​
$347.37​
AUL$ 14,100
43​
$327.91​
CCV$ 14,100
49​
$287.76​
Old Key West$ 11,700
38​
$307.89​
SSR$ 12,000
35​
$342.86​
BCV $ 16,875
$733.70
BWV$ 9,375
23​
$407.61​
After further research on resorts hubby wants direct to be AKV. We almost def can get OKW and SSR but akv might be harder so we’ll get the 75 direct at AKV just like you. Thanks for all the back and further it really helps to make decisions talking to others in a similar situation. :)

After further research on resorts hubby wants direct to be AKV. We almost def can get OKW and SSR but akv might be harder so we’ll get the 75 direct at AKV just like you. Thanks for all the back and further it really helps to make decisions talking to others in a similar situation. :)
Absolutely! We gotta help each other out!

Home: SSR
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 4/22/19
Offer accepted: 4/22/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/25/19
Passed ROFR: 5/13/19
Closing docs received: 5/22/19
Closing docs returned: 5/28/19 (delay was our fault-we got busy with end of the school year and Mem. Day weekend)
Funds sent: 5/28/19
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 5/31/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 6/4/19
Received E-mail with one-time code: 6/13/19
Contract Visible on member site: 6/14/19
Received welcome letter: 6/21/19
Points in my account: ???

I’m still waiting for my points! Member Admin told me I’d probably have them today when I called, but no luck so far.

I crunched the numbers for direct on a few different resorts. No fancy accounting. I just took cost of contract (not accounting for interest if loan is involved or closing costs).

BCV is bold cause HOLY COW! CCV is a great value but although I LOVE the look of the resort and the rooms there, I thought the pool was way too small and I did not have the best experience with boat service there. I can't imagine that has improved with the additional units they added with CCV. I think AKV makes for a great direct contract. It is an awesome resort to stay at and even if you don't get a Savannah view, there are so many places to watch the animals, and programs for the kiddos (and adults) to learn more. So when we buy direct, I'm strongly leading toward AKV. Regardless, my numbers are as follows.

AKV$ 13,200
38​
$347.37​
AUL$ 14,100
43​
$327.91​
CCV$ 14,100
49​
$287.76​
Old Key West$ 11,700
38​
$307.89​
SSR$ 12,000
35​
$342.86​
BCV $ 16,875
$733.70
BWV$ 9,375
23​
$407.61​

How is BWV less? What are those numbers coming from? So you pay 13k at AKV vs BWV 9k for what?

How is BWV less? What are those numbers coming from? So you pay 13k at AKV vs BWV 9k for what?
She is getting these total by purchasing the 75 points direct next is the amt of years left on contract. Last column is the total price for 75 pts at each resort divided by the amount of years left to get the per year cost.

She is getting these total by purchasing the 75 points direct next is the amt of years left on contract. Last column is the total price for 75 pts at each resort divided by the amount of years left to get the per year cost.
I think the confusion is that BWV is 190 a point by AKV is 176, so AKV should be cheaper than BWV. I think the BWV number is incorrect and should be 14,250 split to a cost of 619.57 a year.

Whoops. That was BWV resale at 125. Shouldn’t have been in there. I think in the original post he was buying BWV resale. BWV definitely NOT less. 😂

Last edited:
I'm not sure what anybody else is experience is like with getting points loaded once they've made their DVC resale purchase. However we just bought a resale AKV and I have called off and on for the last couple of weeks, each time being super nice asking how their day is going before I asked them to assist me. We closed on June 1st the deed was recorded on June 5th, we received our email to login to the website on June 14th, but we're told that our points would not be loaded until next week. I explained to member services that I am trying to book a trip for end of January to get ahead of those who would be booking in the seven-month window to ensure that we got a room at our home resort for our first day. member services put me on hold for about 5 minutes went ahead and manually loaded our points and made the reservation for me. Talk about magical service.

I'm not sure what anybody else is experience is like with getting points loaded once they've made their DVC resale purchase. However we just bought a resale AKV and I have called off and on for the last couple of weeks, each time being super nice asking how their day is going before I asked them to assist me. We closed on June 1st the deed was recorded on June 5th, we received our email to login to the website on June 14th, but we're told that our points would not be loaded until next week. I explained to member services that I am trying to book a trip for end of January to get ahead of those who would be booking in the seven-month window to ensure that we got a room at our home resort for our first day. member services put me on hold for about 5 minutes went ahead and manually loaded our points and made the reservation for me.Talk about magical service.
That's great!

I'm not sure what anybody else is experience is like with getting points loaded once they've made their DVC resale purchase. However we just bought a resale AKV and I have called off and on for the last couple of weeks, each time being super nice asking how their day is going before I asked them to assist me. We closed on June 1st the deed was recorded on June 5th, we received our email to login to the website on June 14th, but we're told that our points would not be loaded until next week. I explained to member services that I am trying to book a trip for end of January to get ahead of those who would be booking in the seven-month window to ensure that we got a room at our home resort for our first day. member services put me on hold for about 5 minutes went ahead and manually loaded our points and made the reservation for me. Talk about magical service.
That is so nice to hear! I closed on June 20 and am hoping to have points mid July so I can use 225 banked points (March Use year) at BLT before the seven month window too.

Home: SSR
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 4/22/19
Offer accepted: 4/22/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/25/19
Passed ROFR: 5/13/19
Closing docs received: 5/22/19
Closing docs returned: 5/28/19 (delay was our fault-we got busy with end of the school year and Mem. Day weekend)
Funds sent: 5/28/19
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 5/31/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 6/4/19
Received E-mail with one-time code: 6/13/19
Contract Visible on member site: 6/14/19
Received welcome letter: 6/21/19
Points in my account: 6/23/19

I can’t believe they loaded my points on a Sunday, but I’m not complaining! It was almost exactly two months for the whole process.

So just got an email from my broker for an addendum (misspelled names on contract). I missed it and so did Disney during ROFR. My question is has this happen to anyone before? Does it delay the process?

Any insight is appreciated.

They have to return on or before closing date as far as I know.

Been told the seller has until July the 26th to return the docs, now if i was the seller and had a buyer all lined up who returned the forms within an hour I would be going out of my way to get those forms signed and returned quickly, still no forms signed and were 11 days in. Disappointing to say the least.

Final Update!!

Home: PVB
Broker: Resales DVC
Title company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 5/5/19
Offer accepted: 5/5/19
Sent to ROFR: 5/5/19
Passed ROFR: 5/21/19
Closing docs received: 5/28/19
Buyers closing docs returned: 5/30/19
Funds Sent: 5/30/19
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/3/2019
Closing: 6/4/2019
Deed on site: 6/5/2019
One Time Activation Code: 6/14/2019
Contract visible on member site: 6/14/2019
Welcome letter: ???
Points in account: 6/24/2019

So thrilled !! Less than 2 months from offer to close. We still haven’t received our welcome letter, but I don’t care because we can book our first trip!!

Home: BRV
Broker: DVC Sales
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 5/27/19
Offer accepted: 5/27/19
Sent to ROFR: 5/28/19
Passed ROFR: 6/12/19
Closing docs received: 6/12/19
Closing docs returned: 6/17/19 (we were out of the country when docs were sent)
Funds sent: 6/17/19
Seller returned closing docs: 6/17/19
Closing: 6/21/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 6/24/19
Received E-mail with one-time code: ??
Contract Visible on member site: ??
Received welcome letter: ??
Points in my account: ??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter