CM at HS punched by guest over FPs

Ugh. I'm surprised you don't hear stuff like this more often

I'm impressed the CM didn't press charges.

Maybe the family from Disneyland decided to visit Disney World? Seems like they have the same IQ.

Maybe the family from Disneyland decided to visit Disney World? Seems like they have the same IQ.

The only thing that I disagree with you on is the fact that the CM didn't press charges. She is simply doing her job and was assaulted. Charges should have been brought against the assailant.

The only thing that I disagree with you on is the fact that the CM didn't press charges. She is simply doing her job and was assaulted. Charges should have been brought against the assailant.

Totally agree that some sort of charges should have been made here. At the end of the day the CM is the victim and has the final say on prosecution. However, a disorderly conduct type of charge would have applied and would not need a victim's blessing. As a manager if someone touches one of my employees the person will be hauled away in handcuffs.

Even though the CM didn't press charges, can Disney?
The only thing that I disagree with you on is the fact that the CM didn't press charges
Totally agree that some sort of charges should have been made here.

My assumption is that Disney has a unwritten rule to not press charges. Disney is probably already upset they didn't appease the guest prior to the punch.

Hope I am wrong as this is the second what I would call major issue in a short time.

My assumption is that Disney has a unwritten rule to not press charges. Disney is probably already upset they didn't appease the guest prior to the punch.

Hope I am wrong as this is the second what I would call major issue in a short time.

Yeah, you're wrong. Anyone that saw her start pushing buttons on the console first knows that nobody should "appease the guest prior to the punch". Disney, Police, anyone.

I will say, this is why there should be someone checking FP's at the start of the line, not when they get up to the console....

Yeah, you're wrong. Anyone that saw her start pushing buttons on the console knows that nobody should "appease the guest prior to the punch". Disney, Police, anyone.

Except Disney management would say behind closed doors they should have just let through the guests to even avoid that.

Didn't one of the DIS hosts even say as a CM that if a CM even extended their arms to push a guest away they would be in trouble even getting punched? Pretty sure it was on the show regarding the Disneyland incident.

I'm sorry but if someone punches me because they're frustrated then charges will be filed. Poor behavior does not equal a free pass for the decisions that they make that impact (literally) other people. Lessons need to be learned. A ban won't do the trick. But an arrest might make it sink in more.

Except Disney management likely will say behind closed doors they should have just let through the guests to even avoid that.

Didn't one of the DIS hosts even say as a CM that if a CM even extended their arms to push a guest away they would be in trouble even getting punched? Pretty sure it was on the show regarding the Disneyland incident.

Not when someone is pushing the buttons of the ride. All CM's are taught to avoid confrontations, but when someone is endangering other guests safety they too are allowed to stop them.

Not when someone is pushing the buttons of the ride. All CM's are taught to avoid confrontations, but when someone is endangering other guests safety they too are allowed to stop them.

Which is partly my point about just letting the guest through to avoid everything that snowballed.

I am not saying they should as I personally think charges should be pressed. I can't think of another reason why the CM wouldn't press charges except for Disney expecting them not to.

So awful that someone would do that. This has made me curious though. Are there really buttons to control the ride at those fastpass podiums outside of the ride at the line entrance?

Except Disney management would say behind closed doors they should have just let through the guests to even avoid that.

There is a difference between simply "Pushing a guests arm away" and keeping them from messing with controls that would disrupt the ride's queue and cause impact to other guests. Even though it wasn't at the loading section, that itself present a safety issue, as there are buttons and switches that can prompt emergency notifications, ride stops, etc.

Based on the story, the CM did offer to allow the guests through. However, that appears to be the point where the mocking/pressing of buttons/eventually assault occurred. She did everything in her power, and management would not hold that over her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter