College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

So, I've got a question.
I've recently been accepted into the college program for the fall. However, on my dashboard it currently says "Post-Offer Stage" and I got an email about something that says request for additional information. So I used the link provided and it just asked for my birthday again and that was it. And now when I try to return that page it says "This form has been completed for this candidate." However, nothing has changed on my dashboard. Is it supposed to, or did I do something wrong?

So, I've got a question.
I've recently been accepted into the college program for the fall. However, on my dashboard it currently says "Post-Offer Stage" and I got an email about something that says request for additional information. So I used the link provided and it just asked for my birthday again and that was it. And now when I try to return that page it says "This form has been completed for this candidate." However, nothing has changed on my dashboard. Is it supposed to, or did I do something wrong?

Nope that's all it asks for! About 3 weeks from your arrival date they will send you a link asking for more info again!

I applied for the Fall Advantage program, and I'm still "pending". I was wondering do they normally make you wait 50 days then reject you? I'm so stressed about this waiting game :)

I applied for the Fall Advantage program, and I'm still "pending". I was wondering do they normally make you wait 50 days then reject you? I'm so stressed about this waiting game :)

Unfortunately, yes. That does happen, and it is very likely that the majority of the people still pending will not get an offer.

If you do not get an offer this time and you are still eligible to apply next time you should do so. In the mean time try to get some more work experience if you have very little and research more about the program and types of interview questions they ask.

Unfortunately, yes. That does happen, and it is very likely that the majority of the people still pending will not get an offer.

If you do not get an offer this time and you are still eligible to apply next time you should do so. In the mean time try to get some more work experience if you have very little and research more about the program and types of interview questions they ask.

If I haven't been accepted yet should I assume I won't get in?

Does anyone have a map image that has all of the complexes on it, and where they are located in comparison to the parks and resorts? I think I saw one on here recently, but I don't remember which thread.

Does anyone have a map image that has all of the complexes on it, and where they are located in comparison to the parks and resorts? I think I saw one on here recently, but I don't remember which thread.

CPmap_zpsf8db9100.jpg

I made this a while ago :)

1. Quite a lot is provided (including plates, silverware, and pots/pans). And as far as I'm aware, TVs are not provided

2. You will need a router

3. I wouldn't bring a vacuum, as you can borrow one from the clubhouse at Housing

4. The bigger the apartment (and more roomates), the cheaper rent will be. Vista is the cheapest complex, then Chatham, with Patterson being the most expensive.

5. I'm sure things will be online. Then when you arrive, info will be in the guidebook you receive at checkin

Thanks for the reply! I was just curious as a few roommates "heard" a few things about televisions and what have you. It's been recommended by quite a few people that we bring a vacuum since the ones typically rented out are harder to deal with.

Also as far as rooms go, I assume it's the more roommates you have, the cheaper then rent based upon which complex you're in.

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Thanks for the reply! I was just curious as a few roommates "heard" a few things about televisions and what have you. It's been recommended by quite a few people that we bring a vacuum since the ones typically rented out are harder to deal with.

Also as far as rooms go, I assume it's the more roommates you have, the cheaper then rent based upon which complex you're in.

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Correct. The more roomates, the cheaper the rent.

Also, rent is also different depending on the complex. Vista is cheapest, then Chatham, then Patterson, then Commons being the most expensive

Correct. The more roomates, the cheaper the rent.

Also, rent is also different depending on the complex. Vista is cheapest, then Chatham, then Patterson, then Commons being the most expensive

Actually this time around Patterson and Chatham are the exact same cost, Vista is still the least expensive overall, and the cost for a commons 2br is the same as Patterson and Chatham but more expensive for the rest of the options. I don't know why they had to go messing around with these things. lol

So I've read many times (in this thread, even!) that declining an offer won't affect your chances of acceptance for a future program. I'm curious though, will the fact that you declined get brought up in your interview if you decide to apply again? I'm just wondering because I'm thinking of doing the program at either park after I graduate, but that won't be for at least another year or so. I applied for Spring 2013 for DLR but got NLIC, so I thought applying again between now and my last semester might be helpful for the interview practice.

So I've read many times (in this thread, even!) that declining an offer won't affect your chances of acceptance for a future program.

http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/faq/students-recent-grads/disney-college-program/

2nd to last Q&A in the very first section.

I'm curious though, will the fact that you declined get brought up in your interview if you decide to apply again?

It would be up to the person doing the interview. If you read up on the interviews, the specifics are a little different about what was discussed. There will be some people say "My interviewer didn't mention my previous applications" and there are some who say "My interviewer did mention that they saw that I had declined".

In either case, it wouldn't matter because they have stated officially on their site that it isn't something that they take into consideration.

Since I haven't really seen it asked before --

What's the best idea when going with a Wireless Router?

I know Router Speed won't matter much as it's set by whatever ISP that the housing complexes have, but I'd just like something well enough to get on the internet. I've heard that housing internet is slow as it is.

Also, I'll be the one paying for it so hopefully something under $100. I'm guessing the connection is in the public living space, and not a room so hopefully something that if it "disappears" I won't be too disappointed.

Thanks!

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

When applying is it harder to get in if you have graduated the semester before? (I'll be graduating in December and wanting to do it for Spring). Also is it harder to get in if you aren't living on the Disney property?

I was able to get into the CP the semester after I graduated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter