• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Come on Estoppel!!!!

An extra step for second resale contract?

So, my closing was last week (12/29) for my second resale purchase. Deed was recorded 1/3. So i called member adminstration today to see if I could get the points in my account yet. They said another day or so until they will have the info entered into their system. However, she said that isn't the last step since my new resale contract has a different use year than my first, so she said I will need a new membership number and I will need to link that new number to my account, and it will then be 24-48 hrs until I can access my points online. I've never heard of this before, and was really hoping to have my points by Friday since my window opens.

Update if you guys were interested!

Home: SSR
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 11/23
Offer accepted: 11/23 but paperwork sent 11/27 (due to holidays)
Sent to ROFR: 12/1
Passed ROFR: 12/13
Closing docs received: 12/22
Closing docs returned: 12/26 (didn't get to sending it out until after Christmas, funds received 12/29)
Closing: 01/04
Deed Recorded: 01/05
Points in my account: 01/18 (Supposedly we were already in the system as of 01/11)

Quick update, just got notice that our transaction has closed today! Now just waiting for the deed to be recorded and I'll update with our full experience and thoughts purchasing resale as a first timer, for anyone who's interested.

Last edited:
Quick update, just got notice that our transaction has closed today! Now just waiting for the deed to be recorded and I'll update with our full experience and thoughts purchasing resale as a first timer, for anyone who's interested.

Congrats!!

Can't wait until this is loaded and I can book our trip!!

Home: BWV
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer made: 11/21
Offer accepted: 11/21
Sent to ROFR: 11/22
Passed ROFR: 12/6
Closing docs received: 12/19
Closing docs returned: 12/20 (title company received the seller's docs on 1/4)
Closing: 1/5
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Home: VGF
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 11/12
Offer accepted: 11/13
Sent to ROFR: 11/13
Passed ROFR: 11/27
Closing docs received:12/20
Closing docs returned:12/20
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Closing docs received via email finally today! Going to be sent out tonight....now lets see how fast the seller returns his.
Still no return of docs by the seller. I just notified broker and title company that if they do not close by the must close by date I am not granting an extension and I want a full refund of my deposit. What a joke! If you are a seller and are serious about selling get your stuff returned. Why tie up my money for months and stall on getting docs back. Very bad experience. I wish there was more recourse for prospective buyers!

Still no return of docs by the seller. I just notified broker and title company that if they do not close by the must close by date I am not granting an extension and I want a full refund of my deposit. What a joke! If you are a seller and are serious about selling get your stuff returned. Why tie up my money for months and stall on getting docs back. Very bad experience. I wish there was more recourse for prospective buyers!

I hear you, but maybe they are traveling (or just getting back). It can be a pain to get a notary if you work long hours etc. They might have just seen the date and though, ok thats when I need to have it in by.

I hear you, but maybe they are traveling (or just getting back). It can be a pain to get a notary if you work long hours etc. They might have just seen the date and though, ok thats when I need to have it in by.

I do think that the close by date on the contract makes some sellers think they don't have to get the docs back until that date. Some probably don't realize how eagerly we're waiting for our points!

@NickBCV I hope you close soon! The wait will be worth it for those pre-increase VGF points!

I would agree if this had not been the normal course of business for them. When we agreed upon a price it took them 10 days to return the docs so it could be sent to ROFR. I assumed it was sent immediately after we agreed on price but when it was taking so long to hear from Disney, I contacted the broker and they said it took sellers 10 days to get their docs back so submission to ROFR was delayed.

I do think that the close by date on the contract makes some sellers think they don't have to get the docs back until that date. Some probably don't realize how eagerly we're waiting for our points!

@NickBCV I hope you close soon! The wait will be worth it for those pre-increase VGF points!
I agree, but man is it tough waiting knowing there are 100 points on the contract I have to try and rent out before they expire on March 30, 2018.

I would agree if this had not been the normal course of business for them. When we agreed upon a price it took them 10 days to return the docs so it could be sent to ROFR. I assumed it was sent immediately after we agreed on price but when it was taking so long to hear from Disney, I contacted the broker and they said it took sellers 10 days to get their docs back so submission to ROFR was delayed.

I wonder if the broker would be willing to relay an incentive. Like an extra 100 bucks to the seller if the paperwork is returned within 24 hours. Although you are probably frustrated enough that you don't want to reward the delaying.

Update!! Got US consulate signatures today and sent back via FedEx today!

Home: AUL
Offer made: 11/13
Offer countered & accepted: 11/13
Sent to ROFR: 11/20
Passed ROFR: 11/27
Closing docs received: 12/27 (they were shipped 12/21. This title company doesn't email closing docs, sends them FedEx from Honolulu. Both Christmas and Boxing Day are holidays here in Canada, so a bit delayed receiving).
Closing docs returned: 01/05 (via FedEx)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

I wonder if the broker would be willing to relay an incentive. Like an extra 100 bucks to the seller if the paperwork is returned within 24 hours. Although you are probably frustrated enough that you don't want to reward the delaying.
You are correct....I am not paying them a dime more. The seller is two years behind on his dues. If he wants the deal to fall through I'd be happy to see Disney foreclose.

You are correct....I am not paying them a dime more. The seller is two years behind on his dues. If he wants the deal to fall through I'd be happy to see Disney foreclose.

Wow. You would think in that situation they would be motivated. Although maybe its one of those things where they have to sell but don't want to, and so its hard to finally sign it.

Wow. You would think in that situation they would be motivated. Although maybe its one of those things where they have to sell but don't want to, and so its hard to finally sign it.
If that was the case, I am sympathetic but if it was me I’d be thankful someone was bailing me out and I’d do everything I could to help get them to close before the 100 points expire in March.

I am not the one taking this from them, I am the one making sure they get something other than a foreclosure.

But come 1/30 I am walking away. There comes a point you can’t help people and the only way they learn is through losing what they have.

Wow two years behind. I assume they have to pay those back dues to close... I wonder if they’re having a hard time coming up with the money and that’s why they’re delaying the close.

Wow two years behind. I assume they have to pay those back dues to close... I wonder if they’re having a hard time coming up with the money and that’s why they’re delaying the close.
They don’t need to come up with the money. They are taking the dues owed from the proceeds I am using to pay for the contract. They get what is left over after all dues are paid.

They don’t need to come up with the money. They are taking the dues owed from the proceeds I am using to pay for the contract. They get what is left over after all dues are paid.

Ohh I see, that makes sense. Yeah so you’d think they’d want to get this done as fast as possible!

Ohh I see, that makes sense. Yeah so you’d think they’d want to get this done as fast as possible!
Unless they are purposefully trying to stall to keep me from renting points. Sort of a thought of, if we can’t use them you can’t either, but that is a terrible way to do things. Karma always comes back. I now hope they miss the 1/30 date and a foreclosure takes place. Spiteful yes, but I can’t help it.

Home: AKV
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 12/18
Offer accepted: 12/18
Sent to ROFR: 12/20
Passed ROFR: 1/5
Closing docs received: 1/30
Closing docs returned: 2/2
Closing: 2/7
Deed recorded:2/7
Points in my account:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter