Come on Estoppel!!!!

Just heard back from the listing agent. There was a mistake on the sellers forms which was corrected. Everything should be signed and done and back to the title company by tomorrow.

Thank you. I need to get this moving so I can get on the wait list to add direct points and also get that June trip scheduled. I hope will see your docs soon.

can i ask you what you mean by "get on the wait list to add direct points"?
is there a wait list to purchase points direct from Disney?

For CCV and AUL, no. You can buy those points immediately.

For resorts not actively being sold, it depends on who you ask. Some guides say there are no waitlists, or that waitlists are closed (and proceed to steer you towards CCV and AUL). Other guides are believed to actively look for available points for their clients using their own waitlist. Of that subset of guides, some are pretty detailed (at least mine put up the appearance of due diligence and was consistent when I checked in), while others may be more loosey goosey and people have had more success nagging them regularly.

Most sold-out resorts will require a waitlist. Some are available immediately others will require more persistence on your part.

For CCV and AUL, no. You can buy those points immediately.

For resorts not actively being sold, it depends on who you ask. Some guides say there are no waitlists, or that waitlists are closed (and proceed to steer you towards CCV and AUL). Other guides are believed to actively look for available points for their clients using their own waitlist. Of that subset of guides, some are pretty detailed (at least mine put up the appearance of due diligence and was consistent when I checked in), while others may be more loosey goosey and people have had more success nagging them regularly.

Most sold-out resorts will require a waitlist. Some are available immediately others will require more persistence on your part.

thanks!!!
so the question is, how does one find a good guide.
when we were there in august, we had a really horrible guide. Terrible. Worse than the absolute worst hollywood used car salesman stereotype.
A real sleazeball type. There is no way on earth i would EVER buy anything from him. Ever ever.
but i don't know how to find a good one.

Disney makes more money selling their new resorts until sold out. Aulani has been selling for 7 years and still hasn't sold out. CCV is their current WDW resort and it will sell out in less than a year. Disney will take back older contracts that can make them enough money or when the new resorts aren't selling enough they tend to take back more contracts. There is an active resale market outside of Disney that will save you thousands of dollars compared to Disney's prices. The only issue there is that Disney places restrictions on perks for resale buyers and they delay the closings on resale contracts in an effort to get people to buy direct.

:earsboy: Bill

thanks!!!
when we were there in august, we had a really horrible guide. Terrible. Worse than the absolute worst hollywood used car salesman stereotype.
A real sleazeball type. There is no way on earth i would EVER buy anything from him. Ever ever.

IMO your guide isn't important, the policies for all guides are the same, they do the initial paperwork and others finish the deal. You will never talk to your guide unless you buy direct again.

thanks!!!
I did not like my first guide at the SSR office either, and got someone who I liked much more. She was willing to work with me on getting on a waitlist for a small direct contract and made none of the pressure sales tactics that were employed by my first guide.

If you're fixed on buying direct, you can call back and explain how you felt your first guide was a greasy sleaze ball and ask for a new, low-pressure, professional one, or you can PM people you know/respect on the boards for a recommendation.

Disney makes more money selling their new resorts until sold out. Aulani has been selling for 7 years and still hasn't sold out. CCV is their current WDW resort and it will sell out in less than a year. Disney will take back older contracts that can make them enough money or when the new resorts aren't selling enough they tend to take back more contracts. There is an active resale market outside of Disney that will save you thousands of dollars compared to Disney's prices. The only issue there is that Disney places restrictions on perks for resale buyers and they delay the closings on resale contracts in an effort to get people to buy direct.

IMO your guide isn't important, the policies for all guides are the same, they do the initial paperwork and others finish the deal. You will never talk to your guide unless you buy direct again.

I did not like my first guide at the SSR office either, and got someone who I liked much more. She was willing to work with me on getting on a waitlist for a small direct contract and made none of the pressure sales tactics that were employed by my first guide.

If you're fixed on buying direct, you can call back and explain how you felt your first guide was a greasy sleaze ball and ask for a new, low-pressure, professional one, or you can PM people you know/respect on the boards for a recommendation.

i need to buy my minimum 75 points for the direct contract in addition to the resale contract that i'm in the process of buying.
Actually, i'm on my second attempt. My first one was ROFR'd by disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter