• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Come out, come out of Lurk-dom!

I have been lurking with what little time I have.
We are headed to Disney in November! I'm so not organised. We were planing on a NYC & WDW trip but then my eldest went and got herself engaged to a Canadian so now it's become DL, Sanfran, Canada for a winter wedding! First trip to DL for my 21 year old son and his GF, but it will be our first Disney with Christmas decorations ... very exciting!

WOW! Exciting news. Congrats to you and your eldest.

hello everyone. haven't been on for a long time, work keeping me way to busy. 57 days to go. leaving on 8th Dec. First time spending winter in US. SF , NY, Vegas and then the last few weeks in LA. pretty nervous about the crowds, planning to be in disney NY eve, that should be something as I hate crowds !!
i will probably be around more next few weeks asking lots of questions about going when its super crowded.

hello everyone. haven't been on for a long time, work keeping me way to busy. 57 days to go. leaving on 8th Dec. First time spending winter in US. SF , NY, Vegas and then the last few weeks in LA. pretty nervous about the crowds, planning to be in disney NY eve, that should be something as I hate crowds !!
i will probably be around more next few weeks asking lots of questions about going when its super crowded.

That sounds like a great trip we are in NY from Dec 23-29 also spending our first and I imagine last winter in the USA lol

Gotta love some mistake fares! Nice work getting two trips in a year.
I was lucky enough to go over and be there for the 60th birthday Celebrations as well, I have an AP this year so may as well make the most of right ;)

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Good luck with the crowds. It got pretty crowded over half marathon weekend. My top tips (if you're anything like me, I hate crowds too!) - get there early and make good use of FP, and you will need at least one break from the crowds every day. You'll enjoy it more if you don't expect to achieve much, just plan on enjoying the atmosphere and taking in the 60th anniversary stuff.

I was lucky enough to go over and be there for the 60th birthday Celebrations as well, I have an AP this year so may as well make the most of right ;)

Definitely :thumbsup2

:wave:

Nice to see you here! Hope that work is settling down for you. Are you still working out of town....or is there another possibility of a catch-up?

Your trip sounds amazing! Wish I could go along....but I suspect you won't want another body in the crowds. I hope you'll do a TR for us to read!!!

PiO - I don't want to say too much about Floriade because everyone raved about it to me beforehand but I will say entry is free and it was worth every penny;)

I was looking for rough prices for our trip planning but the official Disney website keeps saying all the 2 bedroom villas are 'unavailable' for the dummy dates I've entered. Driving me nutty!

Who does everyone book through these days?

PiO - I don't want to say too much about Floriade because everyone raved about it to me beforehand but I will say entry is free and it was worth every penny;)

I was looking for rough prices for our trip planning but the official Disney website keeps saying all the 2 bedroom villas are 'unavailable' for the dummy dates I've entered. Driving me nutty!

Who does everyone book through these days?

Hmm. I can't remember how long you can book in advance with WDW. If you're looking at DVC, the bookings only open up 11 months in advance for those who's home base it is.
I tend to book through friends that own DVC these days; so I'm not much help.

I need to factor a trip to Canberra during Floriade one of these years.

I haven't been to Floriade for years, but Loved it when we lived in Canberra. It's such an awesome place to visit. Heaps to do and so picturesque. I miss living there!

I always think that.....but sadly, I never seem to get to sleep in at the weekend. :(

Crossing my fingers for mild weather so I don't have to get up too early to run before the heat sets in. It's supposed to be mild, but then it is Melbourne - anything could happen :rotfl:

Gosh, I was just adding a photo as my Avatar and I saw your number of posts PIO! Over 100K, well done!!:worship:
I need to work on getting to 1,000:rolleyes1

I have a trip planned for December next year for another DCL cruise from Miami, plus time in LA, but I'll change the date to the same time the following year when the itineraries come out. I haven't been on much as I had a heart thingy earlier this year and have been recuperating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter