comfort inn lbv - $32

found it, thanks. must have misread the dates as they are coming up at $59 direct. If found it elsewhere for $51 so i'm just going to book that and be done with it :thumbsup2

the shuttles in the morning were not bad. They only came at certain times though. I think 750am, 940am etc...but you can get a schedule from the check in station. We did not stop at any other hotels along the way going to the park (MK) and the bus driver was VERY nice and had tons of information and reminders for us. I loved him. If only he would have driven the evening bus too we might have rode every day. Coming back was a nightmare though. Granted we were the first stop on the drop off, the particular bus driver was terrible. He packed the bus as full as it would go, the air wasn't working and it was almost 90 out, wouldn't open the bottom of the bus to put the stroller under, so i had to ride with it in my lap on a crowded bus with 2 sleepy screaming children. After that, we decided to drive every day for the rest of our trip. The drive was only less than 10 minutes from every park even at peak driving times. We parked and it was a breeze to get to the parks. We didn't use the park shuttles to the entrance even because we were relatively close and just walked to our parking space to save having to pack up the stroller so many times. I think if I go back I would try the shuttle again if I don't bring a stroller or anything. If you travel light and your kids are older than mine, you will be fine....just get a seat at the front of the bus on the way back to spare you being bumped by someone else's rear all the way back!!

Don't worry about the hotel at all. If you do the continental breakfast, beware that some of the toasters, only one side works and watch your toast so it doesn't burn...the knobs like on all toasters are testy. I had a wonderful time and everyone was very pleasant. Oh, and go early, even if you plan on NOT eating until later to get your breakfast to avoid standing in line and take a container to carry it back to your room if you choose to do so because the little plates they have don't hold much and are hard to carry back to the room with your coffee and food.

Hope you have a great time! I sure did.

also, if you kids are older than mine and don't mind to walk...DTD is literally just about across the street....well end of the rd the hotel is on and turn left...the it's on the right but it's easy and almost easier to walk there unless you plan on going to DTD right when the shops open in the a.m. because parking sucks over there since it's free and everything.

Have fun. Let us know how it goes!

gymboqueenkaylee, how were the shuttles if you used them? Were there several or just one that comes and goes at the designated times? Do they stop at other hotels? We are arriving there this Friday and have considered driving vs. using the shuttle. thanks in advance

Thanks gymboqueenkaylee for all the information and quick review!

We are looking forward to our stay arriving Wednesday night. I can't wait for 4 days at the World!

I will post my review of the hotel when I return. We will not be using the bus transportation but do plan on taking advantage of the breakfast.

thanks everyone for the reviews. makes me feel better about recommending this place.

next year got to remember and wait for this thing.

gymboqueenkaylee,

Thank you for your review, I definately feel better now. I can't wait for our vacation next week! We were planning on driving everyday anyways and after reading your review we will DEFINATELY drive to the parks now. Thanks again!

I would definately recommend driving. I don't think the poor shuttle service has anything to do with the hotel it's self. Just who they use for the shuttle service. I know it's contracted out to some company...forget the name because we even called from the bus the night of our horrid experience to complain.

Don't worry about the hotel. I liked it and I'm a neat freak and a germ-a-phobe. Just have fun!! Hope to hear back from everyone who is leaving soon. Be safe and have fun!

I have stayed here a few times. It really is only good for one or two nights. If you stay here, I would highly recommend asking for a room facing the parking lot. The highway side is very loud. Rugs are really worn down so you don't want to walk barefoot on them. Found a few pubic hairs in the towels. One time staying there there was a bad stain on the bed sheet. One time there was a big bug on wall. Only continental breakfast is free. We had a reservation there this past october for one night before our cruise. it was the $32 night through travelzoo. upon arrival they told us they don't have a room for us and that we would have to go to their sister hotel on international drive. I was really mad about this since I had called two days before to confirm reservation. Anyway the only good thing about this hotel is the location. It is just down street from disney marketplace. It is also very close to many good places to eat.

We just got back from a 4 night stay. We really enjoyed it. We found the staff very helpful and pleasant. We checked in late on Wednesday night (11pm) which was quick and easy. Our room did face the highway and on the 3rd floor. It was a bit noisy but the A/C covered up any highway sounds. The room was clean upon check-in although a little worn. The location is just north of Downtown Disney and very busy. There are plenty of places to eat. We drove to the parks and found driving by DTD was a pain with all of the lights and traffic. We did eat the free breakfast buffet each day. It was enough to hold us to lunch. There were donuts, corn flakes, fruit loops, fruit cocktail and fresh orange slices. One other item looked like oatmeal/grits but we didn't try it. Also bread with a toaster, butter and jelly.

I have 3 more trips planned with the $32 a night TZ deal and plan on keeping them.

Enjoy.

THere's a way to avoid DTD.... I do it quite often. I attempted to show it below but.. maybe someone with better direction skills can help out?

(Check this on a map... because I am doing it from memory!)

1. Turn right onto 535.
2. Turn left at the light (road name escapes me) Orlando Ale House is at the intersection.
3. Drive past Hyatt complex on your left and right
4. Eventually you come to Buena Vista Dr. Turn left.
5. This will take you up by POR and OKW.

THere's a way to avoid DTD.... I do it quite often. I attempted to show it below but.. maybe someone with better direction skills can help out?

(Check this on a map... because I am doing it from memory!)

1. Turn right onto 535.
2. Turn left at the light (road name escapes me) Orlando Ale House is at the intersection.
3. Drive past Hyatt complex on your left and right
4. Eventually you come to Buena Vista Dr. Turn left.
5. This will take you up by POR and OKW.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look this up and try it during our Memorial Day weekend stay.

My husband and I are going down June 4-9 for our 20th anniversary and I'm excited! This board has been a Godsend for all of our questions and gymboqueenkaylee, your information on this hotel and surrounding areas were great!

I'll definately come back and post my 2 cents worth after the trip.

Just got back and this hotel served it's purpose! Definately worth staying again. The rooms were clean and they actually had the carpet cleaned while we were there. Never saw a bug in the room, it was great!

The pool was fun for my 3.5 year old. We were facing the highway, but as a previous poster mentioned the AC took care of the noise.

oh and if you plan on having toast (continental breakfast) keep an eye on it, some people think you are cooking for them!

I just booked this deal and got the $33/nite rate. We are staying for 7 nights in May/June. CANT WAIT!! :)

I would definately recommend driving. I don't think the poor shuttle service has anything to do with the hotel it's self. Just who they use for the shuttle service. I know it's contracted out to some company...forget the name because we even called from the bus the night of our horrid experience to complain.

Don't worry about the hotel. I liked it and I'm a neat freak and a germ-a-phobe. Just have fun!! Hope to hear back from everyone who is leaving soon. Be safe and have fun!

So WHY wouldn't the hotel be resonsible for contracting out to a lousy company? Sounds to me like you let them off the hook to easily!

I was able to get the reduced rate, I have two reservations one for the Rodway Inn on international and this hotel, which one would you chose? I decided to look elsewhere after reading that they have started renovations at the rodeway.

I just checked and it is sold out at that price.

What dates are you looking for? I just booked a bunch of dates for the $33 rate and got all without any problems.

Did you use this link:

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/orlando-hotels/572374

You can book through the 1st half of December. We bought AP's this year and this deal is going to save us a bundle and a lot of uncertainty that we have using Priceline.

I was able to get the reduced rate, I have two reservations one for the Rodway Inn on international and this hotel, which one would you chose? I decided to look elsewhere after reading that they have started renovations at the rodeway.

If you are going to Disney parks I would definitely stay at CI LBV over anything on International Drive. I can't stand driving on I-drive. If you are going to parks near I-Drive then that might be a better choice.

I used the link from the OP and that said sold out, but this one worked so I think I'm going to book it cause it looks decent enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter