Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest! :wave2:

Just popping in to make a couple of announcements. First is that Dena's (Denamac) trip ended last Saturday, but I haven't yet properly thanked her for her service to the live thread.

So since we have received Dena's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Outstanding Job!!! :thanks:

Denamac's Total June/July Game Points Earned = 122

And since Dena was the final member of the July team to report for us, the June/July game has now officially concluded. I'll be announcing our Top 5 winners sometime after I return home from my vacation.

Ha ha! Look here, Jabead popping in from my time zone!! :wave2:

Seriously, WHAT is that trio of concession sweets from FF?? Uhhhh I'm going to have to look at the dessert menu for that one.

One last update from Yorkshirebelle from yesterday, must have missed it somehow!

"Our breakfast today was at..

Menu pic

We both had a cinnamon roll and LeFou's brew. The cinnamon roll was warm and sticky and despite its size wasn't too much. We both liked LeFou's brew and found it refreshing, I particularly liked the sherbet tasting foam.

Interior shot early on when it was very quiet"

Also one other pic from their lunch at Casey's Corner

"Lunch was at Casey's hotdogs. Sorry no sign or menu pics as the place was so busy and I got distracted! We shared a QS meal comprising of a hotdog meal- plain hotdog, fries, fountain beverage, and choice of dessert. We chose the cotton candy. Only in Disney World can you have cotton candy for lunch!"

4 Aug. game points + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pics

First update of the day came from Yorkshirebelle again!

"Dinner was at the much coveted Be Our guest!

You enter through the main castle doors. We were seated in the main ballroom. Place setting with a napkin shaped as a rose.

Interior shot of the ballroom

Bread service- soft rolls

DH's app- leek and potato soup. He enjoyed this but did comment that it was salty

My app- the french onion soup. I did enjoy this but the french onion soup at Les Chefs was better. This one was mostly crouton and cheese and not much soup.

Unfortunately you do feel as though they are rushing you through as quickly as possible. I'm not a slow eater but they brought our entrees to the table before I had finished eating and tried to put it down next to me. I politely asked for the food to go back to the kitchen. The second I put my spoon down the entrees arrived again!

DH had the chicken with fingerling potatoes

I had the strip steak. This was melt in your mouth delicious steak and the green beans were so tasty.

We were brought the grey stuff and we chose our cupcakes. I had the strawberry and DH had the chocolate. The strawberry one was light and moist, the chocolate one was rich and very chocolatey!"

2 Aug.game points + 2 Bonus Points for misc. pics and First Update of the Day

Next update was from jacksmom!

Lunch at TTS (Tony's Town Square)

Calamari, zucchini fries, kids grilled cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, steak panini, and canneloni! Everything was very good!

5 Aug. game points + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Yorkshirebelle sent us the next update!

"Feeling hungry at Hollywood Studios so we headed to Starring rolls. I had the butterfinger cupcake.

DH had the chocolate peanut cupcake. Both were very rich, moist, and very satisfying"

1 Aug. game point

Yorkshirebelle had dinner at...

Menu pics

"We both had a vanilla milkshake. Really good and like we were eating dessert before the entree.

I had the build your own burger. The burger was really good but the fries were disappointing, these were thick cut and pretty tasteless.

DH had the salmon BLT but with chicken and only the bacon- so basically CB! He was satisfied with this."

2 Aug. game points + 2 Bonus points for sign and menu pics

Those little corn on the cobs that they served with the Panini at Tony's are adorable!

Our first update yesterday came from Jacksmom!

"Lunch at Tangierine Cafe
Chicken Schawarma platter, morrocan kefta sandwich, vegetable platter, and kids chicken tenders. Everything was good! Large portions!"

2 Aug. game points + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Then Yorkshirebelle sent us a breakfast update from AK's..

"The menu was changed on Sunday. Notice no elephant cupcakes any more.

French vanilla iced coffee. This is the best iced coffee on property in my opinion and I've waited a year to drink this again!

We shared the colossal cinnamon roll. This was warm and delicious and plenty for two people."

1 Aug. game point + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Our first update from today also came from Jacksmom!

Lunch at Sci Fi

Reuben and fries and turkey and fries! Very good and lots of fun watching the movie clips!

And with that I believe it is their last update!:thumbsup2

Thank you for being a live reporter!

2 Aug. game points + 6 Bonus points for sign, family pics and First Update of the Day

Yorkshirebelle sent us the next update from her lunch yesterday back at her resort at..

"I had the caprese flatbread. Very tasty - tomato, mozzarella and balsamic glaze."

"DH had a turkey sandwich with chips. Declared it one if the best QS meals he's eaten!"

"We both had a cherry turnover."

3 Aug. game points + 1 Bonus point for sign

The next update came from Yorkshirebelle from their dinner yesterday.

"Dinner was supposed to be at Boma but we were too tired to trek all the way over to AKL, so I cancelled that ADR and got a last minute reservation at The Turf Club at SSR instead."

"Bread service - warm rolls with maple butter."

"I had the lamb chops with a mustard honey sauce and sweet potato mash. Unfortunately I forgot to photograph DH's entree as it had to be sent back. He ordered the chicken but subbed mushed potato for the cheese casserole, however it came out with the cheese, but this was very quickly rectified."

"For dessert we both had the maple pot de creme, but unfortunately it didn't come with the praline.

The Turf Club is not somewhere I'd go out of my way to visit but if you are staying at SSR it is a good TS option."

5 Aug. game points + 2 Bonus points for name and menu pic

The next update also came from Yorkshirebelle

"Today we were at Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. After early entry for Harry Potter world, we had breakfast at...

Breakfast menu

DH had the English breakfast

I had the pancake breakfast

We both had butterbeer to drink."

3 Aug. game points + 2 Bonus points for sign and menu

Then Yorkshirebelle had lunch at Hard Rock Cafe!

"A late lunch at Hard Rock Cafe to escape some heavy rain.

DH had fish and chips

I had the 6oz burger with cheddar. Which was definitely big enough for me - the standard option is 10oz!"

3 Aug. game points

I have seen many desserts packaged to "take with" at many of the restaurants at Disney but they are at least in those clear plastic containers so you can almost believe it was made fresh on site. If they handed me that flan, I would have handed it right back. That looks like something you would get at any mini-market around the country! Blech! :sad2:

Rachel(Yorkshirebelle) had lunch on August 3rd in DTD at

Menu

"I had the All American double burger. This was a decent burger with standard toppings. Fries were skin on."

"DH had a plan hotdog which was just passable"

"For dessert I had the caramel flan and DH had the tres leches. These were nothing to write home about. The whole place was loud, chaotic, and not somewhere we would rush back to"

5 August game points + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu

Yorkshirebelle I am so sorry you didn't enjoy JellyRolls! It sounds like they were having an off night. We had such an amazing experience both times we went and the piano players were just phenomenal entertainers! I hope you're able to try it again sometime with better results.

I too am hoping that the change at Kusafari was because it was a breakfast menu! I wanted to try that cupcake along with my Chai Latter from Anandapur Tea Company! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter