• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Complaints from our trip to OKW

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
Had a great time... but we had some screw ups that were mighty annoying!
1> Arrived at OKW at 10am... room not ready but made sure ressie had "3" pack n' plays and 2 bed rails for us. Got room at 4pm but no pens or rails... called Housekeeping and then went out to dinner. Returned at 7pm and only 1 pen and one rail. So we called again, let our friends put their baby down and took our kiddies swimming. 9pm... one more rail but no pens!!!! Called again and they stated they would send them directly... 10:30pm... no show yet. Baby asleep in car seat and 2 yr old in stroller. Called VERY dusgruntled!!! Finally one more arrived at 11:15pm but one still missing and the guy started to tell me that I hadn't asked for 2. he actually argued that. I went to call Housekeeping to talk to the superviser and he said... hang on I'll get another. He mumbled something and gave us the last play pen... no smile and no apologies! GRRRRRRR
2> Ordered 4 boxes of Tide to do laundry during week. Ordered it on Sunday got it Tuesday after calling 2 times a day!
3> We got a Magical Express notice on our door for someone else. I went to do the nice thing and let front desk know and return it. I waited 30 minutes!!! Sheesh! Finally just interrupted someone and dropped it off!
Other than that buses were great and so was the weather so we had a great trip all in all!

3> We got a Magical Express notice on our door for someone else.
We had the same thing happen at BCV. I called the front desk, who said they'd send someone to pick it up. I called two more times over the next 24 hours, but they never did pick it up.

That was in early May, and as far as I know, that DME notice is still sitting next to the door of the room...patiently waiting to be picked up. It was still there two days later when we checked out.

Sorry about the trouble with Housekeeping.....that did sound like a royal pain. And to argue with you about it ? Not right.

We also got someone else's DME in Feb at our stay at POP. The POP front desk line is notoriously long (have had 4 stays there). So we just called the front desk and informed them we received someone else's DME and gave them the name. It was nice of you to go and physically drop it off.

Since when can we order more Tide? It's always been my understanding that the room comes with 1 box and you need to bring more if you need it. At least that's what we do.

Cyn

Since when can we order more Tide? It's always been my understanding that the room comes with 1 box and you need to bring more if you need it. At least that's what we do.

Cyn

I called Mousekeeping at VWL and asked for another box, about 45 minutes later knock on the door and a gentleman with 3 boxes. Used one and packed the other 2(hey I figured I payed for them, I'll take them home and bring them back next time). Checked the bill and they didn't charge me for them.:confused3

Cyn

This is also my understanding. I would hope Disney starts charging the rooms, We are paying for one box not unlimited supplies and those costs will be passed on. If you read the material in your room it tells you that you get one box each trash and towel, not multiple boxes. I just go buy a box at the store.

As an FYI - Target has small containers of liquid Tide for $1.00 - I always buy one and pack it - it lasts the whole trip.

Jenny:)

If you read the material in your room it tells you that you get one box each trash and towel, not multiple boxes.

And some of us don't even get another box on trash and towel day. Maybe now I'm starting to see why.

Sorry you had disappointing experience. We have been dvc members at OKW since 1994 with too many trips to count. We have always gotten quick responses for any issues(no remote, missing kitchen item, light bulb out). There is no excuse for rudeness, but I must admit that your request for 3 pack n plays and 2 bedrails is unusual. Uusally someone will ask for one additional of these items and that may account for the multiple attempts to deliver your needs. I have not experienced that type of poor service at OKW, and don't think it is indicative of the resort's service in general.
Connears

as for the additional detergent...we always bring our own to use after the one that is provided on check-in. We also have had them replenish on trash & tidy without asking.

As an FYI - Target has small containers of liquid Tide for $1.00 - I always buy one and pack it - it lasts the whole trip.

Jenny:)

Thanks for this info. We always go to the Winn Dixie off site and get a small box but, it is always more than we need. I won't throw it away so it comes back home with us. I will have to go to Target and check out the liquid Tide. $1.00 what a bargain.

I called Mousekeeping at VWL and asked for another box, about 45 minutes later knock on the door and a gentleman with 3 boxes. Used one and packed the other 2(hey I figured I payed for them, I'll take them home and bring them back next time). Checked the bill and they didn't charge me for them.:confused3

Since they weren't on the bill I don't think you paid for them.

As others have said my understanding was one box a check in and then another on trash and towel day and or full cleaning day. If we needed more and hadn't brought them from home we went to the laundry room and purchased what we needed.

Since they weren't on the bill I don't think you paid for them.

As others have said my understanding was one box a check in and then another on trash and towel day and or full cleaning day. If we needed more and hadn't brought them from home we went to the laundry room and purchased what we needed.

I was surprised that I wasn't charged for them, I had no problem paying the money(it was a short trip or I would have bought one of those small Tide bottles from Target for $1).

There is no excuse for rudeness, but I must admit that your request for 3 pack n plays and 2 bedrails is unusual.
::yes:: And four boxes of tide. I have to admit that my empathy and compassion are tempered somewhat by the volume of the extra requests...:rolleyes:

You didn't say how many total people you had, or what size unit you were in, and that could well be the problem. If you were in a 2 bedroom with a studio lockoff, there should have been one Pack 'n Play in the one bedroom and another in the studio. That may have accounted for the confusion on the number of those.

I'm surprised they didn't charge you for the extra detergent. And maybe for the extra Pack 'n Plays, depending on what your accommodations were.

Cyn
I'm assuming the poster expected to pay for them. We have always been able to get extra for a fee.

And some of us don't even get another box on trash and towel day. Maybe now I'm starting to see why.
If they fail to leave it, just call and ask and they'll bring it. Replacing the tide is a formal part of the T & T day as is the coffee.

When we were at OKW last month, we had a box of Tide in the room when we got there, got one T&T day and another on full cleaning day. I don't like Tide, so I always bring my own detergent. I left the 3 boxes of Tide on the washer when we checked out. Does housekeeping leave them for the next guest?

1. I did pay for the 4 extra tide boxes.... It states right on the info sheet that they hand out at ALL dvc's that you can purchase additional boxes of Tide for $1/box. I paid $4... it was on my bill.

2. We stayed in a Grand Villa with a 3 month old, a 7 month old and a 2 yr old. 3 little ones = 3 places needed to sleep.
When we arrived there wasn't a single Pack n' Play in the entire place! I don't think that we should have been "charged" for extra pack n' plays when a)we were travelling with 3 children under 3, and b) we were staying in a 3 bedroom.

I was not looking for empathy or compassion in terms of my request problems. AS a DVCer, i was just letting you know the issues that we had. Other than these issues, we had a great time

the 2 bed rails were for our severely disabled 10 yr old daughter... so she doesn't fall out of the very high beds at OKW.

.....when we stayed in a 2BR at SSR last Dec., we called for extra pillows and
got not one, not two, but THREE knocks on our door with pillows! It got to
be a joke, when we'd hear another knock on the door, "OH! Must be more
pillows!" I think we ended up with about 5-6. It's feast or famine, isn't it?:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you had to wait for the items you needed to putting your children to bed!! I have also arrived early many times and did not get into my room until 4:00 (that is the stated check in time!! anything earlier is a bonus!!) I have been a member at OKW for many many years and we spend quite a bit of time there. Yes, I have had some complaints too about Mousekeeping!! I have had to wait for items too. I did use this forum to let others know about it.

BUT, in the overall scheme of things.............it does not stop me from using my 500 points at OKW!!! I find that Mousekeeping gets slow later on in the day and at night!! You wait a little longer. I also find that during your stay (we stay 2 weeks in summer, one week other time) when you meet some of the Mousekeeping staff and get to know them a little, you usually get great service!!! LOL!!

As for the detergent..............I used to buy those laundry tablets!!! I bought a box of maybe 60 a few years ago and they lasted me up until last year!!!! They were easy to travel with. I also bring a Shout stick!! Last year we bought detergent at Publix and I do leave it (hoping the next DVC member will get it!!). Has anyone seen those laundry tablets around?? I got them at Target but have not seen them in years!!

As for the detergent..............I used to buy those laundry tablets!!! I bought a box of maybe 60 a few years ago and they lasted me up until last year!!!! They were easy to travel with. I also bring a Shout stick!! Last year we bought detergent at Publix and I do leave it (hoping the next DVC member will get it!!). Has anyone seen those laundry tablets around?? I got them at Target but have not seen them in years!!
I haven't seen them in years and believe me, I've looked. The last places reported were Target and Eckerds (now CVS). I know Wisk, Tide and Purex made them at one point. Apparently one of those marketing schemes, that are similar to Avon or Mary Kay but for household items, had them the latest. Maybe someone else will know more. We've started hoarding the boxes using liquid when we have the opportunity. I did a good search and didn't find too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter