• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Complaints from our trip to OKW

I haven't seen them in years and believe me, I've looked. The last places reported were Target and Eckerds (now CVS). I know Wisk, Tide and Purex made them at one point. Apparently one of those marketing schemes, that are similar to Avon or Mary Kay but for household items, had them the latest. Maybe someone else will know more. We've started hoarding the boxes using liquid when we have the opportunity. I did a good search and didn't find too much.

Would that be Amway you are talking about Dean? Not really a marketing scheme as they have been around for many years(HQ in Grand Rapids, MI, DeVos family ownes or used to own it(who knows with all that private equity activity anymore).

Yes it is kind of a Avon/Mary Kay operation for household products. I just looked it up SA8 is one of their home product lines and it looks like they have tablets(picture of product line).

Would that be Amway you are talking about Dean? Not really a marketing scheme as they have been around for many years(HQ in Grand Rapids, MI, DeVos family ownes or used to own it(who knows with all that private equity activity anymore).

Yes it is kind of a Avon/Mary Kay operation for household products. I just looked it up SA8 is one of their home product lines and it looks like they have tablets(picture of product line).
Amway did have them at one point but I think it was another one that I heard had them last. I'd call Avon and MK a marketing scheme and my MGM retired from Avon as a manager of 30 years.

Amway did have them at one point but I think it was another one that I heard had them last. I'd call Avon and MK a marketing scheme and my MGM retired from Avon as a manager of 30 years.

Years ago, I had a friend that looked into doing the Amway thing(being in the forest product business, Grand Rapids, MI is a stop with all the office furniture manufacturing up there) and after researching it decided against it.

Had a wonderful experience flying to Munich for our honeymoon with a bunch of Mary Kay upper managers(who got the trip as some sort of sales bonus). ;)

1. I did pay for the 4 extra tide boxes.... It states right on the info sheet that they hand out at ALL dvc's that you can purchase additional boxes of Tide for $1/box. I paid $4... it was on my bill.

2. We stayed in a Grand Villa with a 3 month old, a 7 month old and a 2 yr old. 3 little ones = 3 places needed to sleep.
When we arrived there wasn't a single Pack n' Play in the entire place! I don't think that we should have been "charged" for extra pack n' plays when a)we were travelling with 3 children under 3, and b) we were staying in a 3 bedroom.

I was not looking for empathy or compassion in terms of my request problems. AS a DVCer, i was just letting you know the issues that we had. Other than these issues, we had a great time

I always request two bedrails when one of my kids is sleeping in a bed--kids move around too much at night. They have always left one and I have had to call for another. Sounds like your troubles were at the very beginning of your trip. Hope the middle was much more enjoyable. I am sure at the time missing the pack n plays seemed like a big issue but hopefully in the future, looking back at your vacation, you will remember the better parts! We loved OKW when we stayed in March. Hopes this experience doesn't stop you from staying there again. Did you take the kids to the playroom
(near the pool--not sure of the name)?. My kids loved it. Games, computer, coloring, crafts and DVDs to rent--it was great.

Blakely

We stayed in a Grand Villa with a 3 month old, a 7 month old and a 2 yr old. 3 little ones = 3 places needed to sleep.
When we arrived there wasn't a single Pack n' Play in the entire place! I don't think that we should have been "charged" for extra pack n' plays when a)we were travelling with 3 children under 3, and b) we were staying in a 3 bedroom.
Thanks for the clarification; if you'd put that information in your OP, I don't think anyone would have questioned anything. It wasn't clear whether you were in a GV or trying to wedge nineteen people into a studio. (We've all read those posts from time to time! :rolleyes: )

Glad you had a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter