Concerned about being Sea Sick on the Magic in June

k3chantal

DIS Veteran
Hello!
My friend is considering a cruise late in the game so her choices for cabins are slim. She wants to sail on the Magic in June (closed loop: Rome). The two cabins are 2612 or 2510. Which one is better for motion sickness (if either) and what would be other reasons for choosing one over the other?

Hello!
My friend is considering a cruise late in the game so her choices for cabins are slim. She wants to sail on the Magic in June (closed loop: Rome). The two cabins are 2612 or 2510. Which one is better for motion sickness (if either) and what would be other reasons for choosing one over the other?
Generally the middle of the ship has the least motion, and for some reason I personally prefer the back vs the front. With that in mind I’d pick 2612. I found the Mediterranean to be extremely smooth when we did it a couple years ago, either way she’ll probably be totally fine.

I always pick midship for stability. Between those two I'd go with 2612 no question. I generally feel more motion at the front of the ship. The Magic is great. We sailed on her in the North Sea this past summer and it was mostly very smooth. There was one night where I felt bad from the motion (I wasn't the only one by far) but the rest of the trip was remarkably smooth considering where we were sailing.

Mid-ship is best, but I take a Bonine every night before bed starting the night before the cruise and I have no issues.
Its over the counter, but be sure to check with your Doctor. He can also give you a prescription for patches to wear.

It’s impossible to tell what the seas are going to be like on any given day. Generally you are more likely to hit rough seas on any cruise during the Fall and Winter.

That being said you will feel more motion in a forward stateroom and more vibration aft. Of your choices I would pick 2612. That is a little forward of the aft elevators. It’s a great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter