Concierge 2 BR Pricing

Woody412

Mouseketeer
Anyone have an idea what DCL charges for the 2 BR suites? We have 4 small kids so I’d rather not book 2 separate rooms. The website says to call for pricing. I know what that usually means but I’m hopeful they’re not asking for my first born. I might be willing to part with him but DW would have something to say.

I depends on how many you are, itinerary, time of the year and the quantity of cabins already sold on your specific cruise. They ask you to call since there are only two such cabins per ship, and only on Wonder and Magic. For a 7-day, I would guess it would probably be around 30k$ but I don’t think I ever saw that category show up on the cruise planning page, so it is just an educated guess.

Anyone have an idea what DCL charges for the 2 BR suites? We have 4 small kids so I’d rather not book 2 separate rooms. The website says to call for pricing. I know what that usually means but I’m hopeful they’re not asking for my first born. I might be willing to part with him but DW would have something to say.

I just did a quick random search for 2 adults/3 kids (it would only let me look for up to 5 people in a room)...on the 7 night Sept. 27 cruise on the Magic from Quebec to NYC the 2-bed is $23,372. So add one more child in there and you are edging closer to $30,000.

Someone please correct me if my math is off, but there are only 4 Cat S, 2BR concierge in the fleet. With two each on the Magic and Wonder, you are limited to those ships. The Royals on those ships would be the only other 2 BR option without doing 2 staterooms. If you want to do the Fantasy or Dream you will have to do two rooms even in concierge since nothing sleep more than five.

Pretty quick check on the DCL website checked and here is the result for 3, 2 adults and one child. Since add on in the same room would be dependent on kids ages, I only put one for this sample on the Magic (3day from Miami late November.)

upload_2018-7-31_8-44-15.jpeg

Last edited:
Two connected veranda rooms are going to be close on price. They might drop a little since you would probably have one adult in each stateroom and split the kids amongst the rooms. Given the price is similar, it seems like it would be based on the iternery and other factors if this is an option. Remember the price below is for one room and three guest so double the $$$.

upload_2018-7-31_8-51-47.jpeg

Edit - Priced the same 3 day Magic cruise with 5 (2adults and 3 kids under 10) and got $10,929 for the Cat S and $5,019 for the Cat 4. Since you need two, if you double the Cat 4, $10,038, the cost is not much different. You could increase the difference by splitting the group into a lower category stateroom.

Last edited:

Unlike WDW resorts where connecting rooms are just a request, you can book specific staterooms on the ships and book two connecting staterooms. It will be a much more affordable option than booking one of the extremely limited 2BR suites.

We will be doing two connecting oceanviews (no verandah) on deck 2 of the Magic for our next trip!

Just for kicks, I saw that on a 7 night british isles cruise, the 2 bedroom is a cool $32,000 for 5 people. A regular family verandah for 5 people is $9,700. Wowza.

We will be doing two connecting oceanviews (no verandah) on deck 2 of the Magic for our next trip!

Just for kicks, I saw that on a 7 night british isles cruise, the 2 bedroom is a cool $32,000 for 5 people. A regular family verandah for 5 people is $9,700. Wowza.

And, honestly, having stayed in the 2BRs and Royals on the Magic and Wonder, as great as they are, I don't feel they are worth $32K. Fortunately, we were able to stay in them before they started asking for our first-born (though, we would have been happy at the time to "pay" that).

On our first cruise we splurged, assuming it would be our only one, and got a 2br suite for our family of five (7 night Mexico). It was pricey, but nowhere near what it prices out at right now. It was ideal for us, and our room host pointed out at the time that it would spoil us and making stepping down to a smaller cabin difficult. She was right: we were spoiled and stepping down was hard. But the cost now is just not justifiable, especially since the kids are older, don’t need mid-day naps, and we spend so little time in our cabin.
That said, with a party of 6 (and young kids) and a desire to keep you all in one cabin, I can see the benefits of a suite. The cost is just a huge hurdle.

An addendum: just for the heck of it I just checked the price of a 2br suite on the same 7 night Mexico. 6 years ago it was $8500 for our family of 5. The price now for it (using the ages of our kids then) is $18,500. That’s a $10k increase in 6 years - 115% more! That’s rather shocking.

Last edited:
We will be on the Magic in April in Concierge with connecting rooms. A family verandah and a one bedroom. Traveling with my husband, 7 year old, 3 year old in one room and my parents in the other. Learned from our last cruise to get connecting rooms so that my husband and i can go out at night and my parents can watch the kids while they all sleep. :)

Pez - With the Concierge and the connecting Cat 4 stateroom does DCL apply concierge status to all the guests? Our 2019 Magic cruise will be our first trip in Concierge on a classic. It won’t be an issue for our party on the Magic but our favorite ship is the Wonder and would like to know for a possible future cruise planning.

If you aren’t booked in a Concierge room, you don’t get any of the benefits.

If you aren’t booked in a Concierge room, you don’t get any of the benefits.

That is correct. If a party is in a Concierge Family Stateroom and a Concierge 1-Bedroom, then everyone will get Concierge benefits. If a party is in a Category 4 Family Veranda stateroom (or other numbered category) and a Concierge 1-bedroom, only the passengers in the 1-Bedroom will get Concierge services and access to the Concierge Lounge.

From the deck plans, it appears that on the Magic and Wonder, the rooms connecting to Concierge suites are now Family Concierge (that is, Category 4s that were updated a few years ago to become Concierge).

Pez - With the Concierge and the connecting Cat 4 stateroom does DCL apply concierge status to all the guests? Our 2019 Magic cruise will be our first trip in Concierge on a classic. It won’t be an issue for our party on the Magic but our favorite ship is the Wonder and would like to know for a possible future cruise planning.
Sorry I used the wrong language. We have a connecting Concierge 1 bedroom and a Concierge Family verandah on deck 8 of the magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter