Confessions of a chronic resort changer.. May 2010(We're back...TR started)

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
I just paid off my balance of our upcoming trip and according to the website I have 73 days left until our family vacation.:cool1: (This number may or may not be correct since every e-mail or snail mail I get from Disney has me arriving at different dates at different resorts.:confused3) Since I am very excited and my husband has forbidden me to mention anything about Disney again I figured it would be the perfect time to start a trip report.

So here is the lineup:

Me- 27, a full time student in radiography school which I will finish this May. My finals end May 17 so that weekend we are on our way to Disney! I have been to Disney 6 times. I went four times with my family as a kid and twice with my husband when we were first married. I love Disney and wish I could go all the time but we haven’t been there since 2003. School, money, life always seemed to get in the way

DH- Will be 29 in a few days. Went to Disney once as a kid and I was able to drag him there with me twice in 2002 and 2003. Not a big Disney fan.:headache: Not into taking vacation where he is forced to wake up early to make rope drop or being around large groups of people, or standing in line at all.

DD-5 Her first trip. She is soooooooooooooo excited and can’t wait to go. She loves Disney movies and the characters. She is looking forward to seeing Jasmine, Cinderella, Pluto, and her favorite character of all time STITCH. She can’t wait to eat pizza and ice cream everyday since I have told her she can have whatever she wants while we are there.

IMG_0124-1.jpg

This is me working on our Project Linus blankets for GAD. Not a great picture, but I hate having my picture taken so most of the pictures I am in I tend to be making an ugly face

IMG_0005.jpg

DH and DD on x-mas morning
This is the face I usually get from DD when I tell her to do anything

august27005-1.jpg

Here is an older photo of DD, she also tends to make silly faces when she has her picture taken so I could only find one from last year

Testing: first time trying to post a picture so it may not work

I am going to try find some better pictures somewhere. At least you can have some idea if who I am talking about. I will post all about our trip details later. Unfortunately, I have to leave for class.:sad1:
I hope someone reads my trip report because I would love some feedback in the plans I have made. Everytime I ask my husband about something he says "just do whatever you think" Ugh!

We will be in FL May 22 - June 1
May 22- May 28 will be at CSR and May 28-June 1 will be at Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa

ADR List
May 22- Ohana 5pm
May 23- Akershus 8:05, Le Cellier 4:35
May 24- Ohana 7:50am
May 25- Sci- Fi 11:15, Mama Melrose 4:35 Fantasmic Package
May 26- Crystal Palace 8:10, CRT 5:30
May 27- Tuskerhouse 8:10am
May 28 Chef Mickey 7:50am?

I see I have a few people have stopped by. Feel free to just say hello.

So, like many people I have become a frequent resort changer. When I first booked my trip a few months ago I booked All Star Movies. I love Toy Story and it was before an discounts had been released. Then, I saw moderates weren't too much more and my husband and daughter wanted a slide so I changed to CSR.

Next, the gift card offer was released so I switched to Contemporary garden wing. Didn't love that choice so went back to CSR. Then, I woke up on Jan.1 and they had the 40% off promotion so I went ahead and booked the Poly. That actually stuck for awhile until maybe two weeks ago when I decided I could use that extra 1000 dollars for spending money, plus I figured we really won't be in the room much. So I changed to POR. But wasn't thrilled with the old fashioned rooms, plus double beds. So now I am booked at CSR.

Problem is I keep thinking of changing back to POR. Anyone care to offer any suggestions.

Here are some thoughts:
POR- offers boat to DTD, which has Wolfgang Puck Express and EOS
great looking slide, pretty landscaping
heard the food court is great, but may only have a few meals there if any
CSR- queen size beds, really looking foward to a tropical look since we are in FL
I am thinking of getting a massage and would love to be able to do it at our resort
My daughter loves jaguars and is thrilled about the pool

Title :
As you can see I have an addiction to changing my resort. It is just so hard to decide.

I am still torn between POR and CSR. I love the inside of the rooms at CSR and the pool, but not loving the reviews of Pepper Market or the reviews of people who say they wouldn't return with their kids.

POR rooms look at little worn and outdated but we most likely won't spend too much time in the room. I would love to be close to DTD and the pictures of the landscaping look beautiful.

I'm a DIS newbie, but love reading these report for ideas. You'll be there on my birthday!!!

I don't think I'll ever stay at a deluxe, at least not until I'm old and just taking trips with my hubby and we're planning on enjoying the hotel. I know that for our Disney trips we won't be in the hotel very much and I don't care too much about pools either, I feel like waterparks are a dime a dozen and if I'm at Disney, I want my money spent in the parks.

I'm a DIS newbie, but love reading these report for ideas. You'll be there on my birthday!!!

I don't think I'll ever stay at a deluxe, at least not until I'm old and just taking trips with my hubby and we're planning on enjoying the hotel. I know that for our Disney trips we won't be in the hotel very much and I don't care too much about pools either, I feel like waterparks are a dime a dozen and if I'm at Disney, I want my money spent in the parks.

:welcome:
Welcome to the Disboards. I have learned so much in the past few months from browsing these boards. I can't wait for my trip so I can finally do all the things I read about on here.
I was really looking forward to staying at the Poly, but in my mind I was picturing myself drinking a tropical drink on the beach or drinking my coffee on the balcony. That sure does sound nice but I know that will never actually be the way our vacation goes. We'll be in the parks most of the time only returning for naps or sleeping. So I am going to put the extra money to use elsewhere on the trip.

Hi! I followed your link from a post on another PTR I'm subscribed to! We'll be at Disney during the same time! We are going May 22-29, staying at the Contemporary.........as of today! YES, you and I must be kindred spirits....I really have the resort change"itis" bug that gets so many of us DISers! ;)

In regards to your resort saga, I have stayed at several of the ones you seem to be torn between. First off, I have to say that I LOVE :love: the Poly. It is my all-time favorite. But I understand using that extra money somewhere else.

As far as CSR and POR, I would probably choose POR, just because of the food court situation. I think that POR's food court beats CSR's hands down. Of course, the boat ride to DDT is nice too. CSR now has queen sized beds, if that makes any difference to you. They are both large resorts, so you want to do your research and request a conveniently located building. I think the pools at both are great, and your daughter would enjoy either.

You have a sweet family---your DD's eyes are a beautiful color! Good luck with finishing school! :thumbsup2

Hi! I followed your link from a post on another PTR I'm subscribed to! We'll be at Disney during the same time! We are going May 22-29, staying at the Contemporary.........as of today! YES, you and I must be kindred spirits....I really have the resort change"itis" bug that gets so many of us DISers! ;)

In regards to your resort saga, I have stayed at several of the ones you seem to be torn between. First off, I have to say that I LOVE :love: the Poly. It is my all-time favorite. But I understand using that extra money somewhere else.

As far as CSR and POR, I would probably choose POR, just because of the food court situation. I think that POR's food court beats CSR's hands down. Of course, the boat ride to DDT is nice too. CSR now has queen sized beds, if that makes any difference to you. They are both large resorts, so you want to do your research and request a conveniently located building. I think the pools at both are great, and your daughter would enjoy either.

You have a sweet family---your DD's eyes are a beautiful color! Good luck with finishing school! :thumbsup2

Thanks for dropping by. I just checked out your pre-trip report and am so jealous you will by there so soon.

Update:
I have changed resorts once again to POR. It was a little tough to hear double beds instead of queen beds but I figure I can always plop my daughter in with my husband and have my own bed if needed. We have a queen bed at home and often my daughter will show up in the middle of the night and by morning I will have about 4 inches of room. I am usually stuck on my side with no room to roll over. I figure my daughter will try to crawl into our bed and I will sneak over to the other bed and sleep all by myself.
I also changed our package a little bit. I dropped the park hopper option and added deluxe dining. I figure POR will be a good option to use our snack credits and it will be great to pop over to DTD when we want.
So coming up next: Our day by day plans

May 22 - Flying into MCO arriving around 10:30am
Pick up rental car and drive to POR
Check in at POR if room is ready and depending on mood take a nap or take a boat to DTD
Lunch at WPE or POR foodcourt
Ohana Dinner at 5/5:30?
Take the monorail over to MK for a few hours

May 23 EPCOT Day
Akerhus 8:05 am
Le Cellier 4:35pm

Must do's at EPCOT-
Gray Goose Slushie
Soarin (wan't there last time I was there)
Pick a Pearl
Kim Possible Mission

May 24
Ohana Breakfast 8am
DD loves Lilo and Stitch and wants to see Pluto so this is one of the meals I am looking foward to the most. She watches the cartoon series and draws all of the experiments. I had a Lilo dress made for her and hope she'll wear it but it all depends on her mood

After breakfast we will spend the day at Universal. Orginally I was going to do all Disney in the begining of the week and other offsite stuff when we moved offsite, but figured I would be nice and put one here. Universal was the one request DH had and since Harry Potter World and Memorial Weekend will make US packed the weekend we originally be there I will move one of our Disney days to the weekend.

I figure we will eat lunch at US and come back to POR around 5 or 6, rest for awhile. Right now I have WCC booked but will most likely cancel that. I have been trying to get Chef Mickey dinner for 6 but nothing is available.

I really want to eat at a monorail resort b/c this is the night we have:
PIRATES AND PALS FIREWORK VOYAGE
For some reason I am very excited about this. I have never seen the fireworks from the water and can't wait. I haven't told DH or DD I booked this and hope to keep it a surprise until we have to get to CR at 8:30 that night.
I will keep trying CM but if we can't get it I guess we will have dinner at POR or maybe CR counterservice. The Wave doesn't appeal to me and 1900 Park Fare scares my daughter (she hates the stepsisters)

May 25- DHS day
Sleep in a little, arrive by at least 10
Sci-fi 11:15
Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package 4:35

Must do's DHS
Sci-fi- I have never been there. I remember seeing it as a kid and always wanted to go there, but my dad was more of a commando Disney tourer. We ate quickly at CS so we could go on every single ride
Peanut Butter Cupcake-Starring Rolls
Toy Story Mania(was there last time)
TOT
Ariel's Voyage or whatever it is called
Beauty and Beast show

May 26- MK Day
8:05 CP -Another restaurant I always wanted to go to as a kid, DD has no interest in Pooh so this TS ADR is purely for ME! I am also looking foward to seeing MK almost empty before it opens

3pm BBB for DD

5:30 CRT dinner

Must do's at MK- everything?
I guess that isn't possible though. My daughter is looking foward to Splash Mountain. Big Thundermountain Railroad, Dumbo and Stitch's Great Escape. I am not looking foward to Stitch since I have only heard negative reviews but he is her favorite so I guess I'll suffer through it
Aloha Float- never had one
I am looking foward to Haunted Mansion and Winnie the Pooh I somehow missed it the last two trips

May 27 Animal Kingdom
Tuskerhouse 8:10

Must do's - EE, Safari and the rapid ride

I am hoping to be able to leave by 3 b/c that is the night we have Hoop De Doo. I figure we will head over there and dd can do the pony rides and play on the playground until 5 when the show starts.

May 28- Chef Mickey 8am
Waterpark day
Maybe BB morning/ TL afternoon
This is also our move to offsite so we will checkout before we leave

Around 4 check in at Lake Buena Vista and rest
6:20 Jiko at AKL
I am really looking foward to this and dd is obsessed with animals so I hope she'll enjoy seeing the animals

May 29- Seaworld

May 30- Universal Studios

May 31-
Back to Disney property to Yacht Club for DD to do Albatross Treasure Cruise
9:30-11:30 I figure DH and I can pick up breakfast along the boardwalk and I am really looking foward to check out Beach Club/ YC since I have never seen the whole area outside EPCOT
After DD returns we try check Beaches and Cream for lunch if it's not too busy

DD and DH are planning on renting sea racers so I will have an hour and a half to myself. I'm sure I'll find something to do

After that it is DD's pick to go back to whatever park she wants
I am thinking she will most likely pick MK or Animal Kingdom

So that's it! I have no lunches really planned except Sci-fi to allow time to go back to POR to swim or nap.

I was reviewing my plans on here and wondering if it will be to much of a hassle to make it to Hoop de Doo. I think maybe I should cancel Hoop and move Jiko to around 6 on our Animal Kingdom day. That would mean we could stay at AK all day. I don't love the park as much as others but DD loves animals. She will probably love the park. Plus if we do Hoop we will miss the parade when we leave early. Any opinions? Not really sure what we would replace our dinner with on Friday. Maybe WCC?

YAY :cheer2: for POR! I think you will really like it there.

What time are you doing HDDR? We are going to the 7:15 show that same night! :)

YAY :cheer2: for POR! I think you will really like it there.

What time are you doing HDDR? We are going to the 7:15 show that same night! :)

We're doing the 5pm show. I was hoping to get there before four so DD could do the pony rides, but now I wish I did the 7:15 instead to give us more time at AK.

I ordered a Lilo Dress for my DD to wear for our breakfast at Ohana. I got it made by a seller on Etsy and had it so that it reaches her knee. I know Lilo wears one to her ankles but DD would never wear that all day. The dress is perfect to wear a tank and bike shorts under if she decides to slip it off. I am very happy with how it turned out.

IMG_0161-1.jpg

The Lilo dress is so precious! I love Lilo---She is one of my personal favorites. (I also love breakfast at 'Ohana.) :thumbsup2

Change in plans:

Okay I think I have made our final plans. Once again I was going over our days and while dxdp sounds awesome it was taking away too much of our flexibility. So I called Disney and changed back to the regular dining plan but didn't add the park hoppers back on. I only really see one day we might use them, so that is not worth it. We have a few days extra like our waterpark days to go back to a park at night if we want.

So here is the final line up:

Sat May 22- Arrival
I canceled Ohana and now we will be able to choose what to do once we get there. If I have it my way we will have lunch at WPE, take a quick nap and head to Mk.

May 23- Dropped Akershus and moved Ohana breakfast to 7:30 today
EPCOT Day
Le Cellier 4:25

May 24- No ADR
Universal
Pirates and Pals Voyage 8:30
(trying to get Chef Mickey dinnner for 6ish but nothing is available)

May 25
DHS
Sci FI 11:15
Mama Melrose 4:35
Fantasmic tonight

May 25 MK day
CP 8:05
BBB 3pm
CRT 5:30

May 26
Animal Kingdom day
Right now I have Tuskerhouse 8:10 but it will be OOP, so may cancel but am still deciding
Canceled Hoop, will save for next trip
Night open- maybe DQ, US?, pool time?

May 27- Chef Mickey breakfast 8:00
Waterpark day

the rest stays the same
I canceled a few things I was looked foward too, esp. Ohana dinner but I don't want to many OOP meals b/c then it is pointless to do the dining plan since we will have CS credits left. It just gives me a reason to go back again.

Just joining in! Enjoying your posts!

The Lilo dress is really sweet. I think your DD will love it!

Did she get the castle play set in the picture for Christmas this year? My DDs got it this year. They love it although 1 yo DS likes to run away with the small pieces - little brothers!

We are staying at POR for our trip this year too - our 2nd stay there. We like it!

Looking forward to your next update!

Just joining in! Enjoying your posts!

The Lilo dress is really sweet. I think your DD will love it!

Did she get the castle play set in the picture for Christmas this year? My DDs got it this year. They love it although 1 yo DS likes to run away with the small pieces - little brothers!

We are staying at POR for our trip this year too - our 2nd stay there. We like it!

Looking forward to your next update!

:welcome:
My daughter did get the castle set for x-mas along with many other Disney toys. Sadly she has not used it much. It just sits in a corner in her room. Since she is an only child and I am pretty busy with school right now she usually plays with her dad. He usually gets to pick and they end up playing with swords and Transformers:confused3.

Glad to hear you liked POR. I had the hardest time picking a resort. When I was a kid we always stayed offsite except one tripwhere we stayed at Dixie Landings. I was 14 but can't remember being there at all. We had to cut our trip short since my sister wasn't feel well most of the trip.I plan on checking out all the resorts on this trip so I have a better idea off where to stay next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter