Confessions of a chronic resort changer.. May 2010(We're back...TR started)

Okay... Two questions for anyone was is actually reading....

1. If you redeem points on Mypoints for a gift card, how lokng does it take to get the gift card? I have enough for a RFC $25 card, but would like to hold out for the $50. I just want to make sure I get the card in time.

2. If you are taking your kid out of school, when do you tell the teacher? I did ask at Parent/ Teacher conferences in Nov. if there was anything going on at the end of May and say that we would most likely be going the end of May. DD's teacher didn't look thrilled, but said by the end of May they would be winding down and she won't miss much. DD will miss 6 days. I don't know if I should mention it again soon or just wait until closer to the trip. DD won't have anything to make up since they don't have homework or anything, she will have a journal assignment or something like that to do on the trip.

I also need shorts and a new bathing suit, but I am trying to lose a few pounds before I do any shopping for me.

I SOOO understand this feeling. I have 15 more lbs to go, but with only 58 days until our trip I am getting anxious to get the clothes and swimsuit purchased.

I don't think dads will ever understand how fast kids outgrow their clothes and how much they need. I just bought more for my DDs today.

Karen

YAY for getting to start your countdown chain soon! :yay:

Now for the school question-

I would send a note or email around the first or second week of May reminding the teacher about the trip. I think a couple of weeks notice (especially since it's a reminder-you already told her once before) would be plenty. I would also send a copy of the note to the school principal. :thumbsup2

YAY for starting a countdown chain! We did ours on Monday. The boys look forward to take a link away each day.

Good luck on getting all those competencies done.

I'd stick with Michelle's advice on the school situation.

Jumping in!! :yay: Your plans look great! Your husband sounds a lot like mine...which is why I am crossing my fingers on this trip! I wish we had more time to spread things out. I think he would enjoy it more, but I just could not get him to go for more than 4 days. We even tried to talk him into GAD but he did not want to consider a 5th day. :sad2:

The Lilo dress is cute. We love the breakfast at Ohana. It was one of our favorite meals last year! Love the autograph book also!

I SOOO understand this feeling. I have 15 more lbs to go, but with only 58 days until our trip I am getting anxious to get the clothes and swimsuit purchased.

I don't think dads will ever understand how fast kids outgrow their clothes and how much they need. I just bought more for my DDs today.

Karen

I would love to drop 15 lbs, but there is no way it will happen in time. I'll take what I can get though. Why didn't I start this a month ago. Next time I think I need to start bathing suit shopping much earlier.

YAY for getting to start your countdown chain soon! :yay:

Now for the school question-

I would send a note or email around the first or second week of May reminding the teacher about the trip. I think a couple of weeks notice (especially since it's a reminder-you already told her once before) would be plenty. I would also send a copy of the note to the school principal. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the help. I will send a note early next month. I am really dreading the dirty look for the teacher like the one I got when I first mentioned it.

YAY for starting a countdown chain! We did ours on Monday. The boys look forward to take a link away each day.

Good luck on getting all those competencies done.

I'd stick with Michelle's advice on the school situation.

My daughter saw the chain and couldn't believe it was so long. It was tough explaining to a five year old the about 40 days is really not long at all. We can't wait until it starts to get shorter.

Jumping in!! :yay: Your plans look great! Your husband sounds a lot like mine...which is why I am crossing my fingers on this trip! I wish we had more time to spread things out. I think he would enjoy it more, but I just could not get him to go for more than 4 days. We even tried to talk him into GAD but he did not want to consider a 5th day. :sad2:

The Lilo dress is cute. We love the breakfast at Ohana. It was one of our favorite meals last year! Love the autograph book also!

:welcome:
My daughter has announced she will not wear the dress anymore. She doesn't like Lilo, she likes Stitch and wants to wear her Stitch shirt. I am sure she will change her mind a few more times in the next couple weeks though and will pack it anyway.

I think Ohana is one of the meals we are most looking foward to. Well, my daughter and I anyway. My husband has no idea where we are eating, he doesn't want to hear about any of the plans.:confused3

Cute shirts! We are also taking DD out of school early-she will miss the last week. Luckily her teacher is ok with it and actually excited for her. I would also just send a reminder note that way you won't have to put up with her dirty look-she's just jealous :)

My daughter has announced she will not wear the dress anymore. She doesn't like Lilo, she likes Stitch and wants to wear her Stitch shirt. I am sure she will change her mind a few more times in the next couple weeks though and will pack it anyway.

I think Ohana is one of the meals we are most looking foward to. Well, my daughter and I anyway. My husband has no idea where we are eating, he doesn't want to hear about any of the plans.:confused3

Well, females seem to change their minds a lot! I know mine does! Who am I kidding... I do too!! :lmao:

My husband knows absolutely nothing about our plans. I realized last night at supper that he doesn't even have a clue what we will be eating...except Le Cellier because the kids keep going on and on about it. As a matter of fact, when I was looking at the Port Orleans pics, I asked him if he liked the way the resort looked. He was like "whatever" and then I said but it is "New Orleans" and he told me it looks very nice! :confused3 Sometimes, I think he likes to pretend not to care! He says I talk about trips too much (even if I say one word like "vacation"!! :rotfl2: He is just joking with me though! (I think!!)

IMy daughter has announced she will not wear the dress anymore. She doesn't like Lilo, she likes Stitch and wants to wear her Stitch shirt. I am sure she will change her mind a few more times in the next couple weeks though and will pack it anyway.

OH NO----I love that little dress, it's so cute. Maybe she'll be in a Lilo mood on your 'Ohana day! :)

My husband has no idea where we are eating, he doesn't want to hear about any of the plans.:confused3

Do any of them? Mine just asks each night, "What are the plans for tomorrow?" :lmao:

Well, females seem to change their minds a lot! I know mine does! Who am I kidding... I do too!! :lmao:

My husband knows absolutely nothing about our plans. I realized last night at supper that he doesn't even have a clue what we will be eating...except Le Cellier because the kids keep going on and on about it. As a matter of fact, when I was looking at the Port Orleans pics, I asked him if he liked the way the resort looked. He was like "whatever" and then I said but it is "New Orleans" and he told me it looks very nice! :confused3 Sometimes, I think he likes to pretend not to care! He says I talk about trips too much (even if I say one word like "vacation"!! :rotfl2: He is just joking with me though! (I think!!)

I think the one good thing about DH not knowing the plans is that I can change them around without anyone knowing.I can drop Tuskerhouse or Mama Melrose if I decided and no one would ever know we had plans to go there. The only ones they know about are CRT and CM. DD knows about Ohana but I would never cancel that since she loves Stitch.

OH NO----I love that little dress, it's so cute. Maybe she'll be in a Lilo mood on your 'Ohana day! :)

I hope she changes her mind too, but I have a feeling it won't happen.
She would look so cute and I would love to have her wear it for 2 minutes just to get a picture. I feel a bribe coming on.

I have been looking over our dining plans and am beginning to question the value of the dining plan. Does anyone know what happens if you drop the dining plan after your 45 day mark? Do they charge you? I dropped Ohana dinner and after that the only dinners we have are Mama Melrose and CRT. The rest are all character breakfast. Not really a great use of TS credits.

I thought I was the only chronic resort changer. Those Disney people are so patient :) We started out at WL, then CBR, now POR... where we are staying. I'm not changing again.

I've never been, so I can't give advice. However, your plans look great to me!

I thought I was the only chronic resort changer. Those Disney people are so patient :) We started out at WL, then CBR, now POR... where we are staying. I'm not changing again.

I've never been, so I can't give advice. However, your plans look great to me!

I always wonder if they can see the list of all the times I called on their screen. I am really looking forward to POR now. The Poly looks so beautiful but having that extra $1000 has been really nice.

I am sitting here on the computer trying to get some work done and am daydreaming of being in Disney. I would love to be able to get a massage while I am there but have never had one(well, professional anyway) I am a little hesitant about someone I don't know seeing my extra flab and stretch marks,etc. I am sure not everyone single person who gets a massage has a perfect body. Should I be worried or just go for it. I am thinking maybe Beach Club/ Yacht Club while DH and DD are on the Sea Racers or stopping at AKL after Animal Kingdom, that way DH and DD can check out the animals while waiting. Any thoughts? Anyone want to explain the process.. check in.. what happens next.. sitting around in a robe waiting???? Clueless, sorry

:confused3:confused3:confused3

This weekend is going to be pretty busy, so not much time for dis.

I have a project due on Friday for one of my classes. I am in a group with 4 other girls and was randomly assigned by the teacher as group leader. I gave my group the breakdown of what each person was responsible for and when I wanted all the info. and have gotten nothing from anyone. Our classes are tough and everyone is buried with work and finals coming up, so I understand no one wanting to do it but to just not do anything? Wow. We had about 20 topics to cover so I divided them up and everyone is supposed to cover 4 items each. Seems fair, right? One girl did her work and that is it. I have a bridal shower to go to tomorrow (my sister is getting married May 1) so I am going to try to finish the entire project myself tonight. Just wanted to vent..... I hate group projects!!!!!

Ugh! I am sorry to hear that your group is being so irresponsible. I hate group projects too (and I am a professor)!

This weekend is going to be pretty busy, so not much time for dis.

I have a project due on Friday for one of my classes. I am in a group with 4 other girls and was randomly assigned by the teacher as group leader. I gave my group the breakdown of what each person was responsible for and when I wanted all the info. and have gotten nothing from anyone. Our classes are tough and everyone is buried with work and finals coming up, so I understand no one wanting to do it but to just not do anything? Wow. We had about 20 topics to cover so I divided them up and everyone is supposed to cover 4 items each. Seems fair, right? One girl did her work and that is it. I have a bridal shower to go to tomorrow (my sister is getting married May 1) so I am going to try to finish the entire project myself tonight. Just wanted to vent..... I hate group projects!!!!!

Yuck! group projects were always the worst!! I always wound up in groups where one or two of us did the bulk of the work!! Good luck!! :cheer2:

Ugh! I am sorry to hear that your group is being so irresponsible. I hate group projects too (and I am a professor)!

Yuck! group projects were always the worst!! I always wound up in groups where one or two of us did the bulk of the work!! Good luck!! :cheer2:

Glad I'm not alone in hating group projects. I always in a group where I end up doing a huge majority of the work. I stayed up late Sat. to finish most of it to get it out of the way. I have less than one month to go. Thank goodness. I hate missing sleep.

Today I got my

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
Mickey Mail:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I knew the day was coming soon since I saw MHteacher had gotten hers and our trips are the same time. I let DD get the mail and she opened it on me. Little Disney thief. Oh well. It's getting close. I can't wait!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter