• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confirmed MSEP to stop and move to DL Oct. 9th

On the bright side I can leave MK earlier instead of staying up and getting even less sleep than I would be getting. I am running Dopey so 4 days in a row of getting up at 3AM...

Fair enough. Good luck with your races! I wanted to run the 1/2 marathon next year but the timing just doesn't work with my wife's work schedule and I didn't want to go down alone so we decided to go in Feb. instead. I'm looking on the positive side and hoping the crowds will be smaller than the marathon weekend.

Fair enough. Good luck with your races! I wanted to run the 1/2 marathon next year but the timing just doesn't work with my wife's work schedule and I didn't want to go down alone so we decided to go in Feb. instead. I'm looking on the positive side and hoping the crowds will be smaller than the marathon weekend.
This will be my third marathon weekend in a row and I have never had a crowd problem. I think marathon weekend is much less crowded than holidays or mid summer. Only downside to January in Florida is weather.

This will be my third marathon weekend in a row and I have never had a crowd problem. I think marathon weekend is much less crowded than holidays or mid summer. Only downside to January in Florida is weather.

Good to know for next year! I've heard people say it's super busy but I've always had my doubts about how bad it really is. I'm hoping that we'll upgrade to AP's in February and I'll get my last use out of that AP to run the half.

Like others have already said, we better get something good. I have enjoyed the MSEP since I was a kid. It was also the only parade I would make a point to watch.

Perhaps a New Paint the Night parade will be built at Walt Disney World's Central Shops facility, I've seen them build parade floats in the past, and I'm sure they can do a Night parade too, the only question is how long would it take to build a new parade.

Perhaps a New Paint the Night parade will be built at Walt Disney World's Central Shops facility, I've seen them build parade floats in the past, and I'm sure they can do a Night parade too, the only question is how long would it take to build a new parade.

Not going to happen. I can't see them making the same parade for a third time. Plus, it's pretty clear they aren't going to fund a new parade build unless they have to before the 50th.

I'm more concerned that there is no nighttime parade scheduled at MK for several nights end of this month and beginning of Sept. Some weeks MSEP shows times only for Sat., Sun. & Mon. Also makes me nervous that for 8/31, when there are night extra magic hours, Wishes is slated for 9 pm instead of 10 pm.
So, have already eliminated parades at AK and HS. And now MK is going to be without a nighttime parade. Unexplicativebelievable!

I'm more concerned that there is no nighttime parade scheduled at MK for several nights end of this month and beginning of Sept. Some weeks MSEP shows times only for Sat., Sun. & Mon. Also makes me nervous that for 8/31, when there are night extra magic hours, Wishes is slated for 9 pm instead of 10 pm.
So, have already eliminated parades at AK and HS. And now MK is going to be without a nighttime parade. Unexplicativebelievable!
They aren't scheduled because those nights are halloween party nights.

No, we have tickets for first night of MNSSHP on Friday 9/2. There are no nighttime parades scheduled for 8/30, 8/31, and 9/1 and similar nights early Sept.

Not going to happen. I can't see them making the same parade for a third time. Plus, it's pretty clear they aren't going to fund a new parade build unless they have to before the 50th.

The problem I see is without a Night Parade, Guest will leave the MK earlier and go to the other parks for the Nighttime entertainment. It will be interesting to see what happens this upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. I kind of think by the next Summer or Fall will know for sure. I don't see Disney waiting 5 years to build a new night parade.

Z

The problem I see is without a Night Parade, Guest will leave the MK earlier and go to the other parks for the Nighttime entertainment. It will be interesting to see what happens this upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. I kind of think by the next Summer or Fall will know for sure. I don't see Disney waiting 5 years to build a new night parade.

Z
They still have wishes...

Sure people won't stay until 11 for that second running of the night parade but they'll stay until 10 for wishes.

The more I think about it the more I think they are trying to push these parties more (The only time you can see a night parade is if you buy our tickets to these). Hence the waiting until after the holidays to put anything in. Money money money.

And I agree with Rteetz. I did my first half last year in January and you would have no idea there were so many people for the races then, it looked like a normal low season week. Can't wait to hit the Star Wars race in April (sorry, way off topic).

They still have wishes...

Sure people won't stay until 11 for that second running of the night parade but they'll stay until 10 for wishes.

Exactly. There's still a nighttime show at MK (two really, if you count the projection show) and it's not like any of the other parks have a night parade, either. I don't see this having much of an effect (though I am one who hasn't watched MSEP in ages and am rather happy that I won't have to hear that music again).

Have seen enough of SpectroMagic and Main Street Electrical. Was hoping for a new parade and maybe totally new, not an import from some other park. But bummer that it will be difficult to see MSEP one last time next week.

The more I think about it the more I think they are trying to push these parties more (The only time you can see a night parade is if you buy our tickets to these). Hence the waiting until after the holidays to put anything in. Money money money.

Good point. MNSSHP has not been selling out as well as last year. Plus the fact that they announce a new dining package for MSEP and then in less than a few months they cancel the parade. Doesn't add up.

I've always loved the night parades (MSEP and Spectro) at MK. I prefer then to Fantasmic, IllumiNations and even World of Colour and Galactic Spectacular.

Ironically, my trip last week is the only time in 13 trips that I missed out on seeing it. :(

I really hope MK does get a replacement night parade (sooner rather than later). Apologies in advance for the cliche, but without one, a bit of the "magic" will be lost for me.

Totally agree. I'm gutted that it won't be there in 2017 when I go back. I hope it comes back to WDW!

Initially this didn't bug me all too much (beyond it just being another thing in a series of blahs and no current plans to replace). I figure eventually something new will come along which will be neat to see and for our November trip it's one less thing to have to plan around and schedule (and DH hates that I like to pick a spot an hour before so my boys can see). Then I watched the Disney parks time lapse video on Facebook and head the music and it was so sad.... So many memories of my babies watching that parade and waving to everyone and everyone telling my Son happy birthday on our last trip. Ah well - I realize this contributes nothing of substance to this thread but figured I'd share with others who may understand my sorrow lol. At least we'll be attending the Christmas party this year!

The problem with MSEP is that it's dated, its a parade designed around 1970s technology. It's gotten to the point where certain parts of MSEP look like Christmas Lawn decorations. While they have improved the floats over time (changing the lights to LED) they didn't change the designs to utilize modern technology. I think if you asked to design the MSEP again with today's technology you would get Paint the Night. Which is why I find it funny that MSEP is replacing Paint the Night. The talk of PtN needing tweaks for performer safety, if true means it needed to be put on hold until resolved and I guess MSEP was the best option available for Disneyland. I hope Disney takes this opportunity to create a new parade that is more inline with current design ascetics but could pay tribute to MSEP (hopefully better then Light Magic did).

The problem with MSEP is that it's dated, its a parade designed around 1970s technology. It's gotten to the point where certain parts of MSEP look like Christmas Lawn decorations. While they have improved the floats over time (changing the lights to LED) they didn't change the designs to utilize modern technology. I think if you asked to design the MSEP again with today's technology you would get Paint the Night. Which is why I find it funny that MSEP is replacing Paint the Night. The talk of PtN needing tweaks for performer safety, if true means it needed to be put on hold until resolved and I guess MSEP was the best option available for Disneyland. I hope Disney takes this opportunity to create a new parade that is more inline with current design ascetics but could pay tribute to MSEP (hopefully better then Light Magic did).

Maybe it's just me but I find the way MSEP is lit a lot more magical than PTN. Also myself personally I have a few problems with PTN as to me a pop song on Main Street isn't right to me. The monsters inc float I see as just a platform with TVs which to me is lazy and cheap. Then Belle gets this impressive dress thing with these beautiful screens behind her, then the other princesses are just in a little wagon at the back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter