• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confirmed New Security measures coming to Disney Parks

I'm not sure how walk thru scanners would work at all, without causing major problems. When I fly I make sure I don't wear jewelry, or wear a belt or anything with metal on it. That isn't happening for a day in the park.
They already do this in Paris. It's no different than entering any Major League Baseball, football or basketball stadium. They usually only make you take out cell phones and keys.

It's all about safety and reacting to the many incidents that have happened over the last decade.

This is no different than any sports stadium in the country.

I personally know individuals who couldn't put two steps together or read a newspaper who walked into "security" jobs with no questioned asked.

If your point is that "security" is a deterrent/headfake...then I concede that.

They are not close to cops - with the exception of the sheriff's - obviously.

I bet this is in response to all the lunatic concealed handgun carriers who have been purposefully going to Disney and reporting it on reddit when they make it trough a day unstopped.

It is a sad sad statement about our society that even Disney World might end up having to go to medal detectors.

Last edited:

I bet this is in response to all the luntitic concealed handgun carriers who have been purposefully going to Disney and reporting it on reddit when they make it trough a day unstopped.

It is a sad sad statement about our society that even Disney World might end up having to go to medal detectors.
There was a report last week that someone got arrested for trying to bring a gun into WDW

I bet this is in response to all the luntitic concealed handgun carriers who have been purposefully going to Disney and reporting it on reddit when they make it trough a day unstopped.

That is so disturbing...but not surprising.

But I invoke the Gump Doctrine on this one...

Go ahead, paint all concealed carriers with the same, broad paintbrush. BTW, it's lunatic.

99.9% of us are law abiding and disarm if and when we are required to. That same 99.9% carry to protect their families and we aren't trying to play hero. I can tell you that my gun has never jumped out of it's holster and harmed any innocent bystanders and 99.999999% of the people around me don't know I have it.

I can also tell you, several times as a guest, I forgot to leave my pocket knife in the car. I never did it on purpose but when you carry something on a regular basis, it happens. Knives are in the same category as any other weapon at WDW. How many here have carried some sort of knife into the parks? Yes, little tiny keychain knives and leatherman tools count. Remember, box cutters were used to kill hundreds of people on 9/11.

Sometimes, it's just a simple mistake. BTW, People who want to harm you and yours don't pay attention to laws and rules.

All of those who have not made a mistake can come forward and throw rocks now.

To be honest I haven't seen any other confirmation on this other than intercot.

Me either. I searched earlier when my fiancé meantioned it and could only come up with old rumors from 2013 and a few about a test the did years ago.

I have no problem with this step up in security. I am sure there is even more going on behind the scenes that a visitor will never see, but this now the new normal.

I think this is going to become more and more common everywhere, especially in crowded, public places unfortunately. I know WDW isn't technically public but places that are open to the general public.

This is a welcome change.

Say you were to go to the park without any kind of bag. No matter what you're carrying in your pockets, even if you've got giant cargo pants on, there's no search currently required. It'd be easy enough, especially when it's busy, to waltz through the no-bag entry with goodness knows what on your person.

I'm not surprised, given the American gun culture, that his has become necessary, and I have no problem with the concept. But oy very, I'm afraid of what the lines are going to be like at the security point, unless they open up a bunch more lines. All us Grandma's and Grandpa's with our replacement joints are going to be having the alarms ringing like Friday night at the slots. I assume that all our bags are going to be scanned, too, instead of the current manual/visual checks? Hand wanding everyone in a wheelchair/ecv/stroller? I'm just thinking of the logistical problems they could have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter