• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confirmed New Security measures coming to Disney Parks

Wouldn't the traditional security check find two automatic weapons in his rucksack?
Depends what they ACTUALLY mean by "automatic". The media doesn't always use the right terms for firearms. Automatic actually means 1 pull of the trigger fires the weapon continually until you let go or run out of ammo. A lot of times the media reports all sorts of things as "automatic". For example: semi-auto rifles (1 pull of the trigger=1 shot), semi-auto handguns, fully automatic machine guns, and fully automatic handguns.

So, since they just say 2 automatic guns, and doesn't even say rifle or pistol, it could be either a rifle, which would be easily detected; or a pistol, which is pretty easy to hide from a bag check if you are properly equipped.

I do have to make an educated guess that if it was in a rucksack, it was rifles. But not necessarily.

Good god, why?

Americans have lost their minds...live your life and stop worrying about every detail.

Perhaps if the whole "Mickey cop"'thing wasn't so useless/ridiculous...

Only Americans HUH? Geez, I'm surprised it took this long for Disney to get with it and up their security! After all the attacks in France, and all the random and senseless crowd shootings in this country, I think it's a great idea and I'm more than willing to spend the few extra minutes to go through scanners, etc.! Or would you rather wait until someone opens fire in the middle of a park and then cry "why didn't they have better security"?!? We do live our lives -- still travel, still get around -- but precaution is NEVER a bad idea.

This is a welcome change.

Say you were to go to the park without any kind of bag. No matter what you're carrying in your pockets, even if you've got giant cargo pants on, there's no search currently required. It'd be easy enough, especially when it's busy, to waltz through the no-bag entry with goodness knows what on your person.

Exactly!

It is fine for now. However, if they put into place that we all have to go through scanners that will mean all the people in wheelchairs who can not walk will get patted down every day they go to the parks. If the park hop they multiple times a day. I put up with this at the airports. Make light of it by calling it my personal massage. However I hate it. It is is very invasive. I understand the need. I will not be happy at all if this becomes the norm. Nor do I think all most of the people on here if they had to get patted down every day. No the wands are useless on steel chairs. To much metal in them. So I hope it never gets to this point.

Yes I got pulled out for a couple of screenings. It was because we went at a low period and there were lots of security just standing around so they had to choose us. Just did the wand on me.

Also there profiling is strange. My friend who just had a fanny pack got chosen 80% of the time. Now she was wearing a tight shirt and tight shorts. No jacket just those clothes. Just looking at her you could tell she was not carrying anything at all. I also notice a lot people dressed like that were chosen. I almost guess it myself waiting in like who they would choose :) Not sure what the point of that was. She had nothing to clear out of her pockets cause nothing would have fit in them lol To me it is more show than anything else right now until they figure it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter