• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**CONFIRMED** Rumor About the Resort Refillable Mugs!

Riverside is part-way through installation/testing of the new dispensers. The screens and push-button flow system are set up, but they have not activated the RFID portion yet.

Andre

Just to clarify - are you saying a possible $3 increase in the mug cost and maybe having to wait a few minutes between refills makes a substantially more expensive room a better value? Remember, the price increase only affects guests onsite staying a total of four or more night's.

The only real positives that that I can see are that you will officially be able to use your mug at any WDW resort during your say (big deal, because since they went with the boring generic designs, everyone could do that anyway) and the fact that you can get a cheaper deal for a one or two day stay (again, for most guests, this is not much use at all).

Otherwise, all of the advantages are Disney's, at the detriment of ease of use for guests and a big hike in price. To be honest, I'm wondering how Disney marketing can possibly spin this one, because they certainly won't say that it's been done to stop people stealing the cola that Disney got free in the first place. ;)

Andre

DH really liked having the mugs last year (we got one night of DDP since we were doing a split stay and had a character meal to kick off the trip). So he'll be getting one again this year, and after a lot of math, we won't be going for the QSDP but buying it separately, probably just one or two mugs since DS and I didn't use them very much.

So where do we buy his mug? Is it just at whatever quick service place is at your resort and you tell them how long your trip is (we're split-staying again, 5 nights/3 nights) and they charge you accordingly?

And it sounds like the mug will work for all 8 nights even we're staying at 2 resorts? (We're DVC, so its not booked as a package.)

Yes the mugs are for sale at the quick service area at your resort. With the new tiered system, yes, it sounds like you'll tell them what day pricing you want applied.

And it does sound like the mugs will work across resorts with this new system.

This change and the rise in the cost of the mugs makes club level look better and better.

Now, I'm really glad we are staying CL for our Aug trip, I never drank enough soda to make the mugs worthwhile, and it can be a pain to go by the food court, depending on which resort you were staying at.

We get "free" beer too, DH and our friends are excited about that.

Now, I'm really glad we are staying CL for our Aug trip, I never drank enough soda to make the mugs worthwhile, and it can be a pain to go by the food court, depending on which resort you were staying at.

We get "free" beer too, DH and our friends are excited about that.

This is what I meant exactly. That 80.00 for mugs can go toward the room and since we always stay deluxe and the garden club level rooms are often the same as or a little less expensive than a standard lagoon view room it makes sense to go that route. We get any and all the drinks we want whenever and they are right there, we don't have cups to lug home and buy every time we go up there, and we don't have to run across the resort just to get a drink. This change just makes staying club level just that much more reasonable to me.

This might of been mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread, so I apologize if this is a repeat question. With this new policy, will the mugs not be included in our dining plan package anymore?

This might of been mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread, so I apologize if this is a repeat question. With this new policy, will the mugs not be included in our dining plan package anymore?

Mugs are, and will continue to be, included in all dining plans for the foreseeable future. :goodvibes

A little off-topic... but I've never done the mugs before. I'm wondering if people normally bring them into the parks with them? We will be going into the parks in the early AM and I can see all of us adults filling up with coffee for the monorail ride, etc. But are the cups way too bulky to deal with? I guess we'll have a stroller and can stash them in the stroller basket or clip them on with carabiner clips...

Our kids will have their filtering water bottles, so we wouldn't need to use their mugs for water. Is there anything we'd want to put in their cups pre-park? Do they have juice or anything? Otherwise, we'll definitely leave their mugs at the resort.

I have seen people caring them but they are not really usable in the parks, no free refills. I leave mine in the room and then get it when I return for use again in the food court.

I forgot to pop back to this thread to say that Port Orleans has been selling (and activating) the new RFID chipped mugs (orange, green and purple colours) for a couple of days now.

The sensors on the dispensers are due to be activated on 19th August, so by then most guests should already have the new mugs and thus there should be very few switchover issues with older mugs.

Andre

Our kids will have their filtering water bottles, so we wouldn't need to use their mugs for water. Is there anything we'd want to put in their cups pre-park? Do they have juice or anything? Otherwise, we'll definitely leave their mugs at the resort.

Unfortunately none of the mug options currently include juice or milk. The closest you'd get to a "juice" option is lemonade.

In the past some resort dispensers had an apple juice option, but those are long gone.

I forgot to pop back to this thread to say that Port Orleans has been selling (and activating) the new RFID chipped mugs (orange, green and purple colours) for a couple of days now.

Andre

Any pictures of the new mugs? I will be checking into ASMu on Sept 25 then to POR on Oct 1st. I have free dining at ASMu only so I assume I will have to buy another mug at POR if I want to use the drunk machines. I have not heard that you can re-charge the RFID chip.

Any pictures of the new mugs? I will be checking into ASMu on Sept 25 then to POR on Oct 1st. I have free dining at ASMu only so I assume I will have to buy another mug at POR if I want to use the drunk machines. I have not heard that you can re-charge the RFID chip.

Now this is the part that's just silly to me... Disney should include some way of adding on days or "recharging" the mugs since families don't need dozens of mugs!

If your stay is consecutive days/split stay you should be able to purchase the maximum length-of-stay option for your mugs and then use them and both resorts.

No kidding! We are doing a split stay at 3 different resorts with 3 different meal plans (one through disney the others through dvc rental). Our family of 5 will have 15 mugs that week?!??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter