• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**CONFIRMED** Rumor About the Resort Refillable Mugs!

If your stay is consecutive days/split stay you should be able to purchase the maximum length-of-stay option for your mugs and then use them and both resorts.

They are consecutive but the first is with free dining so the mug will just come with those days added in. Unless I can upgrade just the mug part. Any way it isn't a big deal as it would really only be two days without it.

Does anyone know if all the mugs they are now selling have the chip in them?

Not yet. I'm hearing September (should probably update the OP!).

P.S. Thanks guys for putting this thread on the top ten for the month!:cheer2:

ETA: I was wrong. They should be in full use by end of the month.

And why only 3 cap colors? There are plenty of families with more than 3 people - it would be nice to have additional colors. Or even all the same color but offer some other way to customize - maybe straw charms or something you can purchase. Crazy lids - like with sparkles or lights? :). I think I'll bring some plastic coated stickers to customize our lids so we can keep our mugs straight.

Not yet. I'm hearing September (should probably update the OP!).

P.S. Thanks guys for putting this thread on the top ten for the month!:cheer2:

Sorry to be such a pain but I have a crazy 5 resort split starting on Aug 27th with my first resort being CBR. Do you know if the mugs with chips are being sold there?

Does anyone know if all the mugs they are now selling have the chip in them?

A Mod for POR thread says they are selling the new mugs there.(He is there right now) They are orange, green and purple. The machines are ready to go and it is to start on the 19th

Sorry to be such a pain but I have a crazy 5 resort split starting on Aug 27th with my first resort being CBR. Do you know if the mugs with chips are being sold there?

Not a pain at all! I doubt that these mugs will be out by 8/27 but I don't know how long your stay is, so there is a possibility that they might have to convert your mugs should they be rolled out at one of the resorts you're staying at in September. Again, still hearing All-Stars will be the first.

Then again, some are reporting that they are already being sold; we'll just have to wait and see.

ETA: I was wrong. They should be in full use by the end of this month.

Not a pain at all! I doubt that these mugs will be out by 8/27 but I don't know how long your stay is, so there is a possibility that they might have to convert your mugs should they be rolled out at one of the resorts you're staying at in September. Again, still hearing All-Stars will be the first.

Then again, some are reporting that they are already being sold; we'll just have to wait and see.

Thank you .... I'll be there 24 days. My second resort is POR and they are suppose to go active on Aug 19th so I'll just keep watching this thread. Do you think it would be possible to list the resorts in the first post as they are activated???? :confused3

Thank you .... I'll be there 24 days. My second resort is POR and they are suppose to go active on Aug 19th so I'll just keep watching this thread. Do you think it would be possible to list the resorts in the first post as they are activated???? :confused3

Off Topic...love your signature, Marie's so cute!

And why only 3 cap colors? There are plenty of families with more than 3 people - it would be nice to have additional colors.

That always bugged me too. There would always only be 3 colors of lids/handles of the old mugs available at a given resort - say, black, blue, and pink - even though you would occasionally see someone with other colors such as yellow or orange.

I got a purple one a couple years ago at Pop, with the beach design that has been used lately. (they also had the orange and green, so I guess they were testing out those colors!).
I've heard of people using the wine charms or carbiners to "mark" their mugs in big families. (As well as writing on them with Sharpies.)

I often take them to a park with me, so I use a caribiner to attach it to my purse. Especially when it's hot, it comes in handy to keep the drinks cold and you don't have to deal with a sweaty cup.

I got a purple one a couple years ago at Pop, with the beach design that has been used lately. (they also had the orange and green, so I guess they were testing out those colors!).
I've heard of people using the wine charms or carbiners to "mark" their mugs in big families. (As well as writing on them with Sharpies.)

I often take them to a park with me, so I use a caribiner to attach it to my purse. Especially when it's hot, it comes in handy to keep the drinks cold and you don't have to deal with a sweaty cup.
What is a caribiner? :confused3

I find this very funny. Only one day of my 9 day trip I am going to be ferociously thirsty so I should buy a refillable mug!

Katie

We are only going to be on property for 2 nights during our October trip. If the mugs are new designs, I'm likely to buy at least one to add to our collection. So being able to get it for two days is actually a good deal for me. I think they make nice souvies and they fit well in my car's cup holder :)

What is a caribiner? :confused3

OK, it's spelled carabiner. I always spell it wrong. If I could post a pic, I would. Haven't mastered that yet. You would recognize it immediately if you saw one. It's the clip that people use in climbing, but also used by a lot of people these days to hook keys to your belt, or mugs to your purse. Someone will come along that can post a pic of it, I'm sure....

So what I do is usually bring my previous resort mug (since I have several), and use it for my coffee and then I have the new one for pop, etc. I find that no matter what, it's hard to get the smell of coffee out of the mug. Also coffee and tea stains. I'm a get up early and have coffee, read the paper person, so from what I have been reading, I can still use the old mug for coffee and save my new mug for fountain drinks. Works for me.:thumbsup2

Your not suppose to use old mugs for coffee from food court either. If your making it in your room that's different but the mugs are for any drinks at the drink station for THAT trip and that trip alone (except water which is free of course)

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

Your not suppose to use old mugs for coffee from food court either. If your making it in your room that's different but the mugs are for any drinks at the drink station for THAT trip and that trip alone (except water which is free of course)

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

She's still buying a new one. There's no difference in what she is consuming. She's just not getting coffee flavored soda.

I was at All Stars last Thursday. Sports and Music were up and running with the new system. Movies was selling the rfid mug, but the soda fountain was not fully functional. I do a lot of resort hopping and most resorts had some part of the new rfid equipment installed on their machines. Again, not fully functioning. Has anyone reported the time period between refills?

Okay, I've added some pictures. Apparently, these mugs are in use at select resorts and should be fully rolled out by the end of this month.

Okay, I've added some pictures. Apparently, these mugs are in use at select resorts and should be fully rolled out by the end of this month.

Yay! This means we should get them with our dining plan Labor Day weekend and then we'll have 6 different colors to use for camping at the Fort in December! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter