• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confused on strategy - me vs. touring plans

We Touring Plans for Universal. Did you put Diagon Alley as one of the attractions? If so, then that’s what it does. It will always tell you to do DA first for an hour and then ride Gringott’s. Just get rid of it as an attraction and do the order you want or leave and still do the order you want. Another thing, TP always over-estimates the wait time at park opening, even at WDW. It assumes that you get to the gates right when the park opens and then you are waiting behind everyone who got there early.

I agree with TP on this one. You have EP so enjoy the advantage of having less crowds in Diagon alley. Also that reduces the wait for people who only have early entry so it benefits everyone. Unless you want to do the queue just to see it but as others have said you can probably find shorter waits a little after EE ends or late in the day to do that.

I agree that you don't need TP with EP but I found it helpful for planning out the day and making sure everyone was good with the general plan. That way you don't stand around saying, "Well, what do we want to do next" and helps to make sure you get to scheduled things like the Beedle the Bard show. I think TP is still good for the first few trips. This will be our third in Nov and I'm considering letting the UO portion of my TP subscription expire but it's giving me hives at the thought of being without it. :o

Last edited:
We are coming in on Monday night and staying for a week. This will be our fifth family trip to Universal.

My daughter is a huge Hermoine fan and loves everything Potter.

Just enjoy yourselves. You wont have to plan to much. Everything is easy. Sapphire Falls is beautiful and you can use to boat to get to the park. Enjoy

We are coming in on Monday night and staying for a week. This will be our fifth family trip to Universal.

My daughter is a huge Hermoine fan and loves everything Potter.

Just enjoy yourselves. You wont have to plan to much. Everything is easy. Sapphire Falls is beautiful and you can use to boat to get to the park. Enjoy

I bet you are excited as not many more wake ups until you leave for your vacation!

We all hope the weather is not an issue for you on the trip

Be prepared and take mini umbrellas and rain gear just in case.....

I hate rain on park days but I still do them

I adore TP for WDW and use it faithfully. We just did 2.5 days at Universal with EP, and I never ever even looked at the TP we set up. I also was confused about how it planned my day, but was going to use as a back up. EP allowed us to be totally spontaneous. We rode our faves over and over. We did find Hogsmeade and Diagon best in the evening and early morning as others have said, but otherwise we just bounced around. It is so freeing! I know we missed some good line action on a couple rides, but I just don't care enough to spend 20+ minutes in the line.

I adore TP for WDW and use it faithfully. We just did 2.5 days at Universal with EP, and I never ever even looked at the TP we set up. I also was confused about how it planned my day, but was going to use as a back up. EP allowed us to be totally spontaneous. We rode our faves over and over. We did find Hogsmeade and Diagon best in the evening and early morning as others have said, but otherwise we just bounced around. It is so freeing! I know we missed some good line action on a couple rides, but I just don't care enough to spend 20+ minutes in the line.

I love your post!!

I’d rather have more ride time and miss the lines too, however good they are......:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter