Conservative Thread: The New American Tea Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, no. I was NOT amused when I looked out my bedroom window this morning and saw solid white. I have about three inches here still. It has been steadily melting all day, because it's been above freezing since I got up, but it keeps falling periodically too.
Not here. It's raining :rolleyes: so it's melting.

we have tons of kaiser where i live. i have not yet reconciled myself with moving to kaiser insurance, however, after the incident with my parents' neighbor. (he went in for surgery, they never called his wife to say he was in recovery and how things went. so she called them. and they couldn't FIND him! :scared1: it took five hours of phone calls and threats of police and lawyers before they figured out he was on a gurney in the hallway, because they had run out of recovery "rooms" and hospital rooms.)

That kind of stuff unfortunately happens in all hospitals to many times. My father was in a high rated hospital and I went in and they said they did not have a man by that name . I said that he was here in the ER for hrs the night before and I know he was here cause I was with him...After about 30 minutes they found his name and his room.

So I went up to the nurses station to find out about how he was doing.....they said they had no one by that name :confused3 .....I said he is in room 200( this is what info told me before I went up) So we went and looked and there he was ...forgotten, they did not even realize he was even in there. :eek:

He was addmited/brought up from the ER at 10:30 pm and it was now 11:3Opm the following morning .....13 hrs later. He had not been checked , or even fed and he is a diabetic. the name on the door was a woman's name.

I asked if the Nursing ***. had checked his vitals(maybe she realized he was there) and they did not know. They said that it was not showing on his paper work. So I asked them to look in the chart of the woman who name is on the door. And there it was...It had been checked twice but because the name was on the door the NA just used that name, that persons chart without looking at his name band. She was the new NA on shift so did not know the patient before my dad.

Needless to say his vitals were terrible, his Blood Sugar very low and he was in congestive heart failure still and his meds were never continued from when he was in the ER.

Being a Nurse I did not take this lightly. I put the fact aside that it was my father and marched right down to the Hospitals administration to talk to Chief of staff....Being a Nurse myself gave me more clought on what i was saying....I was not as easily blown off with a were sorry and it should have never happened...

Due to the union not much was done but my voice was heard and I told him that if I did not see some action taken I would report this to the media. The Nurse was relieved of duty for 30 days and sent to patient care classes. Not sure how good it did but she may and the staff with her on that floor may think twice and remember who is in what rooms.....and when.

More people die each year from hospital's care and Dr error than they do from the problems they were admitted for. Scarry thing I tell ya. Being a Nurse I have the advantage of looking at a medical chart and understand it.
Or understanding different treatments for different problems.

I can tell ya this more problems happen in the middle of the night because the nurses on the night shifts tend to be new Nurses and Dr's who are also new. It isalso the time when patients tend to get the wrong meds.

So always pay attention in the middle of the night on the meds you are getting and if you cant and can stay with the patient in there over night than do so.

And never leave your child over night alone in the hospital...never...insist that a cote be brought in for you to stay in the room. They can not say no.

My girl friend son was in a different hospital for pneumonia...and I went to visit and her son was still very whezzy...I asked how often Respitory was coming in to give him breathing treatments...she said she didnt think they were....I checked and they had never been in,they were on the orders but never called Respiratory to let them know....her son was in the Hospital for 3 days already...:sad2:

Hope you all think of this post next time you or a loved one or friend is in the Hospital :hug:

[QUOTE="Got Disney";30828810]That kind of stuff unfortunately happens in all hospitals to many times. My father was in a high rated hospital and I went in and they said they did not have a man by that name . I said that he was here in the ER for hrs the night before and I know he was here cause I was with him...After about 30 minutes they found his name and his room.

[/QUOTE]

i realize my "kaiser fear" is irrational, but it really freaked me out. your stories freak me out even more. you'd think the nurse would have checked the name on that chart and realized that it was a woman and your dad was not. :confused3

i was 13 when i had my first "doh" experience in a hospital. i had shredded the cartilage in my right knee, and they needed to do some sort of x-ray using a contrast agent. the radiologist was messing around with my left knee, and i asked why...perhaps one of each knee for comparison purposes???
anyway, he insisted it was because of my torn cartilage. i told him the tear was in my RIGHT knee, and he decided to argue with me. i'm pretty sure the entire hospital heard me screaming for my mother. things were quickly rectified.:rolleyes1

i'd also like to say: kingdom hospital. stephen king. :scared:

i hafta tell ya...every time i see you post, because of your timon avatar, i first think it is that other person from another thread who seems to be following me around trying to stir things up. it's always such a relief to see it is you!

:rotfl2: I'm happy to say it's not me!!!

[QUOTE="Got Disney";30828810]That kind of stuff unfortunately happens in all hospitals to many times. My father was in a high rated hospital and I went in and they said they did not have a man by that name . I said that he was here in the ER for hrs the night before and I know he was here cause I was with him...After about 30 minutes they found his name and his room.

So I went up to the nurses station to find out about how he was doing.....they said they had no one by that name :confused3 .....I said he is in room 200( this is what info told me before I went up) So we went and looked and there he was ...forgotten, they did not even realize he was even in there. :eek:

He was addmited/brought up from the ER at 10:30 pm and it was now 11:3Opm the following morning .....13 hrs later. He had not been checked , or even fed and he is a diabetic. the name on the door was a woman's name.

I asked if the Nursing ***. had checked his vitals(maybe she realized he was there) and they did not know. They said that it was not showing on his paper work. So I asked them to look in the chart of the woman who name is on the door. And there it was...It had been checked twice but because the name was on the door the NA just used that name, that persons chart without looking at his name band. She was the new NA on shift so did not know the patient before my dad.

Needless to say his vitals were terrible, his Blood Sugar very low and he was in congestive heart failure still and his meds were never continued from when he was in the ER.

Being a Nurse I did not take this lightly. I put the fact aside that it was my father and marched right down to the Hospitals administration to talk to Chief of staff....Being a Nurse myself gave me more clought on what i was saying....I was not as easily blown off with a were sorry and it should have never happened...

Due to the union not much was done but my voice was heard and I told him that if I did not see some action taken I would report this to the media. The Nurse was relieved of duty for 30 days and sent to patient care classes. Not sure how good it did but she may and the staff with her on that floor may think twice and remember who is in what rooms.....and when.

More people die each year from hospital's care and Dr error than they do from the problems they were admitted for. Scarry thing I tell ya. Being a Nurse I have the advantage of looking at a medical chart and understand it.
Or understanding different treatments for different problems.

I can tell ya this more problems happen in the middle of the night because the nurses on the night shifts tend to be new Nurses and Dr's who are also new. It isalso the time when patients tend to get the wrong meds.

So always pay attention in the middle of the night on the meds you are getting and if you cant and can stay with the patient in there over night than do so.

And never leave your child over night alone in the hospital...never...insist that a cote be brought in for you to stay in the room. They can not say no.

My girl friend son was in a different hospital for pneumonia...and I went to visit and her son was still very whezzy...I asked how often Respitory was coming in to give him breathing treatments...she said she didnt think they were....I checked and they had never been in,they were on the orders but never called Respiratory to let them know....her son was in the Hospital for 3 days already...:sad2:

Hope you all think of this post next time you or a loved one or friend is in the Hospital :hug:[/QUOTE]

:scared1: :scared1:

I'm all over the place on the DIS. I'm trying to figure out where all we want to eat so I can get ADR's.

Hi guys!

Love the portrait Charade -- job well done for posting :thumbsup2

I so much prefer tea to the koolaid they are serving on the other side of the aisle. Have a good night all :)

HEY! I've missed you! Didn't know if you'd taken dis-break or if it was just poor timing. Can't keep up with every post, so I just scan back a page or two.

Hope you're doing well!

In the bathroom next to the 10 year old seashell soap on the toilet tank.

What were you doing in my Grandma's bathroom??:rotfl:

Wait, is your grandma related to my MIL? :lmao:

The convenience store clerk told me my velvet picture was an original when I bought it a the gas station? Geez. That is the last time I'm investing in art!

The convenience store clerk told me my velvet picture was an original when I bought it a the gas station? Geez. That is the last time I'm investing in art!
Well, $150 for a velvet Elvis at the convenience store is a good deal, as long as they throw in some soda and beef jerky.
You could have paid half if you were willing to take the velvet Elvis that was wearing a turban, you know. ;)

Just a little news of the weird to share:

Monkey 'kills cruel owner with coconut thrown from tree'

A monkey who was forced to climb palm trees by his owner took revenge by killing him with a coconut.

Last Updated: 7:03AM GMT 11 Mar 2009

The animal threw the missile from the top of a tree after becoming frustrated with his tiring labour, according to reports.

Leilit Janchoom, 48, had employed the monkey to pick coconuts which he could then sell for around 4p each.

The animal – named Brother Kwan – found the work tedious and strenuous but Mr Janchoom refused to let him rest, dishing out beatings if he refused to climb trees.

It is believed that the monkey eventually snapped, and targeted his owner from a high branch with one of the hard-skinned fruits.

Mr Janchoom, from the province of Nakorn Sri Thammarat in Thailand, died on the spot after being struck by the coconut, according to reports in a local newspaper.

The dead man's wife said that the monkey had "seemed lovable" when they bought him for £130.

News of the attacks comes after scientists disclosed this week that a chimpanzee at a Swedish zoo became so annoyed at being gawked at by tourists in a zoo that he started creating weapons to hurl at them.

Santino the chimp would calmly collect stones and fashion discs made out of concrete even when the zoo was closed, to throw at visitors when they returned.

Scientists believe his behaviour is the strongest proof yet that humans are not the only creatures which can make plans for the future

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wi...ruel-owner-with-coconut-thrown-from-tree.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter