Conservative Thread: U.S. Steele - Back In Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, why did he have to go to CO for that? Wasn't the bill voted on and passed in DC? Why Colorado? I do find that to be a waste. But they'll defend anything that he does.

I 3rd that :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

They never had a response for why it had to be passed before they even had a bill written, but he could dawdle to sign it until the right photo-op appeared. They just avoided that problem.

Yeah, why did he have to go to CO for that? Wasn't the bill voted on and passed in DC? Why Colorado. I do find that to be a waste. But they'll defend anything that he does.

He chose Colorado because they have a number of companies that are working on alternative energy products, things like solar panels.

So he burned about 10,000 gallons of jet fuel to have his photo op and scold us about not being green enough as far as how we produce energy. He used fossil fuel made from oil that he doesn't want to drill for in the US, doesn't want us to use any of it, but it is okay for him to use vast quantities so he can get his photo in front of some solar panels or such.

I really think they need to get a bigger Air Force One so that Obama can fit his ever growing ego into it.

:rotfl2:

Morning everyone! I see much has happened in the last 2 days. Our dear president is just so busy. He really should take his time no need to ruin our country in the 1st month he has 4 years ya know!

Our house has the type B flu (the upper respiratory one). For those of us that pray if you would ask for healing for DS. He has it pretty badly and is supposed to be on stage in 2 weeks. West Side Story. He can't sing right now and has missed school and rehearsals. It is hard to miss both and catching up will be a nightmare! Thanks!

Syria. I don't know what to make of that one yet.

I think there is a new housing bill coming. I don't know details but if I had to guess it will be something like:
If you can prove you voted for me I'll give you your house free and we"ll make the people who voted for the other guy pay for it. Just send the payment book to the name I send you.

Glenn was talking about the solar panel company that Obama visited in Colorado yesterday. Apparently they are struggling in these hard economic times and won't make it unless they get a piece of the 'stimulus'. Nice photo op right?

Well it turns out that this is an unusual company to say the least.

Everyone in the company gets paid the same, from the Execs to the guy that sweeps the floor. Everyone also has an equal say in how the business is run, with all decisions made with an equal vote of all employees. The company also automatically takes an equal amount from everyone's paycheck to give to charity. They also give everyone 6 weeks of paid vacation a year.

So the CEO talks of how they can't produce enough to meet the demand for their product but are still failing. This is with a 67% subsidy from the Government for people buying their product.GEE, I WONDER WHY THEY ARE STRUGGLING!?!?!?!?!??!!

Is this really the economic model BHO wants to promote? It sure looks like it. I guess the Obama administration would like all companies to follow this model, after all they are such a success.
:sad2:

Where is that darn duct tape?
:headache:

Morning everyone! I see much has happened in the last 2 days. Our dear president is just so busy. He really should take his time no need to ruin our country in the 1st month he has 4 years ya know!

Our house has the type B flu (the upper respiratory one). For those of us that pray if you would ask for healing for DS. He has it pretty badly and is supposed to be on stage in 2 weeks. West Side Story. He can't sing right now and has missed school and rehearsals. It is hard to miss both and catching up will be a nightmare! Thanks!

Syria. I don't know what to make of that one yet.

I think there is a new housing bill coming. I don't know details but if I had to guess it will be something like:
If you can prove you voted for me I'll give you your house free and we"ll make the people who voted for the other guy pay for it. Just send the payment book to the name I send you.

Hope your son feels better soon!!

Also, here's some details: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/02/18/obama-unveil-plan-help-troubled-homeowners/

Though really...this should have gone before the stimulus bill. I don't agree with everything, but this is the root of the problem. Ugh, I am so irritated with the stupidity of people this morning. :headache:

Hope your son feels better soon!!

Also, here's some details: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/02/18/obama-unveil-plan-help-troubled-homeowners/

Though really...this should have gone before the stimulus bill. I don't agree with everything, but this is the root of the problem. Ugh, I am so irritated with the stupidity of people this morning. :headache:

Obama's "latest bright idea"...already met with groans on Wall Street. He doesn't address jumbo loans. The average loan in California is $500k..so they are left out of Obama's plan. I bet his voters in Cali are pleased with this. It also rewards the most irresposible "home owners". The ones who don't pay their bills and have spent beyond their means.

That thread will be a doozy. The libs can't seem to wrap their minds around the fact..ECONOMIC CRISIS+PORK SPENDING+HIGHER TAXES DOESNT= ECONOMIC RECOVERY

My mother just called. She said, " Good news. You brother might not be retarded." OMG!!! The state is asking for proof that my DOWN SYNDROME BROTHER IS MENTALLY RETARDED. Are you kidding me? After 39 years they are questioning his disability? I'm speechless...yes me.

Oh no!!!!:hug: Lots of prayers and good thoughts for your DS!!
Glenn was talking about the solar panel company that Obama visited in Colorado yesterday. Apparently they are struggling in these hard economic times and won't make it unless they get a piece of the 'stimulus'. Nice photo op right?

Everyone in the company gets paid the same, from the Execs to the guy that sweeps the floor. Everyone also has an equal say in how the business is run, with all decisions made with an equal vote of all employees. The company also automatically takes an equal amount from everyone's paycheck to give to charity. They also give everyone 6 weeks of paid vacation a year.

So the CEO talks of how they can't produce enough to meet the demand for their product but are still failing. This is with a 67% subsidy from the Government for people buying their product.GEE, I WONDER WHY THEY ARE STRUGGLING!?!?!?!?!??!!

Is this really the economic model BHO wants to promote? It sure looks like it. I guess the Obama administration would like all companies to follow this model, after all they are such a success.

Duct tape?? Ooops.... I used it all up.:rotfl: I'll get another roll.

But I second your :headache: This is all quite the circus.

So what's been happening with everyone? I just haven't had a tremendous amount of time to spend on the boards lately. I'm probably heading somewhre in a few so I most likely won't be on till tonight.

Yeah the local news here in Denver ran a story about that company. One of them (CEO maybe) made a little speech yesterday about how now they can increase their workforce instead of cutting back. Ahh, I feel sooooo much better now about life here in Colorado. They get can go to the CU Boulder Campus, recruit some Ward Churchill followers and thanks to the Chinese and their generosity of loaning our kids and grandkids some money, they can hire more young liberals onto their company. Thank God this stimulus bill will make it possible for a handful of "young" (green company's guys description of who they will hire) folks here in Colorado to find a job.

Disneycrazymom: Prayers said for your son!:hug:

My mother just called. She said, " Good news. You brother might not be retarded." OMG!!! The state is asking for proof that my DOWN SYNDROME BROTHER IS MENTALLY RETARDED. Are you kidding me? After 39 years they are questioning his disability? I'm speechless...yes me.

Only in America.:sad2:

What state is this? My cousin in Texas has cerebral palsy amonst other things and her parents have had to do this sort of crap many times throughout the years. Of course if they were here illegally, their daughter woudl likely be covered no problem.

Only in America.:sad2:

What state is this? My cousin in Texas has cerebral palsy amonst other things and her parents have had to do this sort of crap many times throughout the years. Of course if they were here illegally, their daughter woudl likely be covered no problem.

Tennessee. He's been in special ed and had government healthcare his entire life. There's loads of documentation. I mean, he's down syndrome. Will a photograph suffice? I can't believe his caseworker asked for this with a straight face. He's met him on several occaisions. Don't they have more pressing matters.

The disabled always seem to get the short end of the stick.

Tennessee. He's been in special ed and had government healthcare his entire life. There's loads of documentation. I mean, he's down syndrome. Will a photograph suffice? I can't believe his caseworker asked for this with a straight face. He's met him on several occaisions. Don't they have more pressing matters.

The disabled always seem to get the short end of the stick.

They sure do. You know I had a friend whose husband had lost both legs to diabetes. For years (I have lost touch with her so not sure if this is still happening) she had to take him down to prove that he needed a handicap sticker on his car. Again, only in America.

I just caught up with the Air Force One Trainwreck Thread. What just galls me, amuses me but of course does not surprise me, is how so many of the diehard libs on that thread keep screaming to the heavens how unfair we all are to criticize Obama for everything. I mean my Lord, can you imagine? They are over there playing tit for tat, and they can post pictures of GWB signing bills inside Chef Mickey's for all I care. It is still a very strange thing that the bill was delayed signing so that Obama could sign it here in Colorado. He can take Air Force One, Southwest Airlines or hitchhike, but it still mystifies me why he allowed this thing to be delayed when it (bill) was all that stood between us and utter doom. I guess doom can always wait in the end if the cameras in Colorado can take nice pictures.

Hey y'all. I haven't been on this thread in a while but I recieved soemthng that I hope has not been posted previously and I thought you might like it.

Dr. Vaknin has written extensively about narcissism.

Dr. Vaknin States "I must confess I was impressed by Sen.Barack Obama from the first time I saw him. At first I was excited to see a black candidate. He looked youthful, spoke well, appeared to be confident - a wholesome presidential package. I was put off soon, not just because of his shallowness but also because there was an air of haughtiness in his demeanor that was unsettling. His posture and his body language were louder than his empty words. Obama's speeches are unlike any political speech we have heard in American history. Never a politician in this land had such quasi "religious" impact on so many people. The fact that Obama is a total incognito with zero accomplishment, makes this inexplicable infatuation alarming. Obama is not an ordinary man. He is not a genius. In fact he is quite ignorant on most important subjects."

Barack Obama is a narcissist.

Dr. Sam Vaknin, the author of the Malignant Self Love believes "Barack Obama appears to be a narcissist." Vaknin is a world authority on narcissism. He understands narcissism and describes the inner mind of a narcissist like no other person. When he talks about narcissism everyone listens. Vaknin says that Obama's language, posture and demeanor, and the testimonies of his closest, dearest and nearest suggest that the Senator is either a narcissist or he may have narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). Narcissists project a grandiose but false image of themselves. Jim Jones, the charismatic leader of People's Temple, the man who led over 900 of his followers to cheerfully commit mass suicide and even murder their own children was also a narcissist. David Koresh, Charles Manson, Joseph Koni, Shoko Asahara, Stalin, Saddam, Mao,Kim Jong Ill and Adolph Hitler are a few examples of narcissists of our time. All these men had a tremendous influence over their fanciers. They created a personality cult around themselves and with their blazing speeches elevated their admirers, filled their hearts with enthusiasm and instilled in their minds a new zest for life. They gave them hope! They promised them the moon, but alas, invariably they brought them to their doom. When you are a victim of a cult of personality, you don't know it until it is too late. One determining factor in the development of NPD is childhood abuse.

"Obama's early life was decidedly chaotic and replete with traumatic and mentally bruising dislocations," says Vaknin. "Mixed-race marriages were even less common then. His parents went through a divorce when he was an infant (two years old). Obama saw his father only once again, before he died in a car accident.. Then his mother re-married and Obama had to relocate to Indonesia , a foreign land with a radically foreign culture, to be raised by a step-father. At the age of ten, he was whisked off to live with his maternal (white)grandparents. He saw his mother only intermittently in the following few years and then she vanished from his life in 1979. She died of cancer in 1995".

One must never underestimate the manipulative genius of pathological narcissists. They project such an imposing personality that it overwhelms those around them. Charmed by the charisma of the narcissist, people become like clay in his hands. They cheerfully do his bidding and delight to be at his service. The narcissist shapes the world around himself and reduces others in his own inverted image. He creates a cult of personality. His admirers become his co-dependents. Narcissists have no interest in things that do not help them to reach their personal objective. They are focused on one thing alone and that is power. All other issues are meaningless to them and they do not want to waste their precious time on trivialities. Anything that does not help them is beneath them and do not deserve their attention.

If an issue raised in the Senate does not help Obama in one way or another, he has no interest in it. The "present" vote is a safe vote. No one can criticize him if things go wrong. Those issues are unworthy by their very nature because they are not about him. Obama's election as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review led to a contract and advance to write a book about race relations.

The University of Chicago Law School provided him a lot longer than expected and at the end it evolved into, guess what? His own autobiography! Instead of writing a scholarly paper focusing on race relations, for which he had been paid, Obama could not resist writing about his most sublime self. He entitled the book Dreams from My Father.

Not surprisingly, Adolph Hitler also wrote his own autobiography when he was still nobody. So did Stalin. For a narcissist no subject is as important as his own self. Why would he waste his precious time and genius writing about insignificant things when he can write about such an august being as himself? Narcissists are often callous and even ruthless. As the norm, they lack conscience. This is evident from Obama's lack of interest in his own brother who lives on only one dollar per month.

A man who lives in luxury, who takes a private jet to vacation in Hawaii, and who has raised nearly half a billion dollars for his campaign (something unprecedented in history) has no interest in the plight of his own brother. Why? Because, his brother cannot be used for his ascent to power.

A narcissist cares for no one but himself. This election is like no other in the history of America . The issues are insignificant compared to what is at stake. What can be more dangerous than having a man bereft of conscience, a serial liar, and one who cannot distinguish his fantasies from reality as the leader of the free world? I hate to sound alarmist, but one is a fool if one is not alarmed. Many politicians are narcissists. They pose no threat to others...They are simply self serving and selfish.

Obama evidences symptoms of pathological narcissism, which is different from the run-of-the-mill narcissism of a Richard Nixon or a Bill Clinton for example. To him reality and fantasy are intertwined. This is a mental health issue, not just a character flaw. Pathological narcissists are dangerous because they look normal and even intelligent. It is this disguise that makes them treacherous.

Today the Democrats have placed all their hopes in Obama. But this man could put an end to their party. The great majority of blacks have also decided to vote for Obama. Only a fool does not know that their support for him is racially driven. This is racism, pure and simple. The downside of this is that if Obama turns out to be the disaster I predict, he will cause widespread resentment among the whites.

The blacks are unlikely to give up their support of their man. Cultic mentality is pernicious and unrelenting. They will dig their heads deeper in the sand and blame Obama's detractors of racism. This will cause a backlash among the whites.

The white supremacists will take advantage of the discontent and they will receive widespread support. I predict that in less than four years, racial tensions will increase to levels never seen since the turbulent 1960's.

Obama will set the clock back decades.... America is the bastion of freedom. The peace of the world depends on the strength of America , and its weakness translates into the triumph of terrorism and victory of rogue nations.

It is no wonder that Ahmadinejad, Hugo Chavez, the Castrists, the Hezbollah, the Hamas, the lawyers of the Guantanamo terrorists and virtually all sworn enemies of America are so thrilled by the prospect of their man in the White House. America is on the verge of destruction. There is no insanity greater than electing a pathological narcissist as president.

That thread started to raise my BP, so I stopped posting on it. My whole point wasn't that he took AF1 to get there, it was that he was there at all. It was a colossal waste of time and money. If he wants me to believe that we are thiiiiiiis close to a catastrophic collapse of our economy, he's got to take it a little more seriously. Honestly...I went to the mall and it was hard to find a parking spot Sunday!! I still wait for a table on Friday and Saturday nights when I want to go out to dinner. While yes, I do believe there is an economic downturn, it is healthy, and natural to have corrections in the economy. What is not healthy is for our President to jet around the country preaching doom about the economy unless we act now. And I agree with you that if he was so friggen serious about acting now, then that bill wouldn't have sat on his desk for so long. He would have signed it. In DC. And instead of visiting "the people," he would have been rolling up his sleeves with Pelosi and Reid, asking, "ok, what can we do to get this passed? What is going to be best for the people?" But he wasn't. He was campaigning.

Seriously...I'm so annoyed today :headache: :headache:

I accept the job happily! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes We'll go on a Glenn hunt. I love it. I have friends that live very close to Manhattan so I'm getting to be really good at navigating there. :thumbsup2

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

UMMM Honu
Arent you a maid?
How can you walk out on Tink and her sonic drinks??? LOL

Hey y'all. I haven't been on this thread in a while but I recieved soemthng that I hope has not been posted previously and I thought you might like it.

Wow. I'm going to copy that and save it.
I guarantee that Dr. Vaknin's opinion won't be respected by the os, though.

Hey Everyone! Y'all have been busy! And I LOVE the new thread title!

I finally made it to my final destination. Exhausted and sick. (Taking more meds than my parents.) One more med and I'll need on of those nifty little pill organizers. The weather here is nasty and we've got to track outdoors to get to the facilities. Next time, I'm signing up another all inclusive. My travel agent is FIRED!

Everyone in my group is happy to be here. Looking forward to doing our jobs and starting our "countdown". (278 days!):banana:

Just an aside but do you ever post on a thread where for some unknown reason, another poster will sort of single you out and pretty much nit pick and take apart everything you say? Ever wonder why the heck somebody does that? Oh well, I think what I said was brilliant!! It wasn't a political thread even!;)

Okay, back to Biggest Loser.
No! NEVER!:lmao:
My first stalker was a little "alarming"! My other ones are on my "ignore" list.

<Snip>

[/I]

Interesting.
I hope that Dr. Vaknin isn't correct in his assumptions!

Here's hoping I'll have more "free" time to read your discussions.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter