Contemporary DVC is a GO

I wish the title of this thread was changed. It is totally misleading. Contemporary DVC is not "a go" yet. Disney has made no announcement, there are no permits on file with Orange County. It may happen, but let's wait and see before announcing it's a go. Remember, Disney is notorious for changing it's mind. This thread belongs in the Disney Rumor section.

I overheard a CM telling another guest about a new resort that is being planned - the new Contemporary DVC wing. Only at that time did I say that I am a DVC member. At that point I asked him if he was confirming it and he said yes he was. He told me that it is u shaped and beautiful. Just wanted to pass this along to all of you. He said it will start being built in 2 years.

Just a question to ponder--Wouldn't a 15-floor building so close to the MK steal some of the Castle's thunder? Wouldn't such a building dominate the view? Just asking...I'd love DVC at the CR--I'd be first in line to buy! :sunny:

DisneyDotty said:
Just a question to ponder--Wouldn't a 15-floor building so close to the MK steal some of the Castle's thunder? Wouldn't such a building dominate the view? Just asking...I'd love DVC at the CR--I'd be first in line to buy! :sunny:

I think it would and I hope if they build; 6 floors will be the limit.

speakupjc said:
I overheard a CM telling another guest about a new resort that is being planned - the new Contemporary DVC wing. Only at that time did I say that I am a DVC member. At that point I asked him if he was confirming it and he said yes he was. He told me that it is u shaped and beautiful. Just wanted to pass this along to all of you. He said it will start being built in 2 years.
Hotel cast members just repeat rumors — and they often get those rumors directly or indirectly from DISboards and similar websites. They don't have any real inside information.

DisneyDotty said:
Wouldn't a 15-floor building so close to the MK steal some of the Castle's thunder? Wouldn't such a building dominate the view?
The current A-frame main building at Disney's Contemporary Resort is also 15 stories. A new 15-story building on the site of the current northern garden wings of the Contemporary Resort would be far enough from Cinderella Castle and close enough to the main Contemporary Resort building so that it shouldn't "dominate the view." It would just change the appearance of the Contemporary complex.

Whether CRV will happen is anybody's guess at this point, however, I do have to agree with CarolA about additional crowding on the monorail and also her Yuck on the monorail! We just got back on 10/20 from WDW and had friends with us who hadn't been there since 1991 and the VERY FIRST thing they commented on when we exited the monorail to MK was the horrible smell. As a matter fact they did not want to use the monorail again during the week due to the smell. Personally, I didn't think it was as bad as our last visit, but, then again maybe I've just become used to it. I'm very surprised Disney hasn't tried to do something about the odor which has a very strong, disgusting urine smell to it. We're staying at VWL for our visit in January and I'm sort of glad we probably won't be using the monorail at all for that visit.

I was in Walt Disney World from april 7, 2007 to april 13, 2007, and the north garden buliding of the contemporary HAS been demolished. I took a picture from the monorail as we approached the concourse from themagic kingdom, and its a completely flat parcel of dirt. the picture isnt working so i'll try and upload it later. but i cant imagine them knocking down that whole building just for the heck of it, so it seems like there will soon be a DVC resort at the contemporary.

DisneyObsessedTeen - I too saw the demolished building which is now a pile of dirt! (we were there from April4-12th!) I wondered myself why they would actually tear down a structure if they weren't going to rebuild "something" great ;)

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter